Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Top Nigerian Coach Lands Coaching Job At Arsenal Football Club - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Top Nigerian Coach Lands Coaching Job At Arsenal Football Club (297 Views)

Enyeama Lands First Coaching Job In France / Arsenal Football Club Wishes Nigeria Happy Independence Day / Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Coach Lands Coaching Job At Arsenal Football Club by Passstyle(m): 11:03pm On Feb 18, 2019

Arsenal have named former MFM FC assistant coach Marcellinus Anyanwu as new U-17 boss at the Gunners soccer school in Dubai.

The tactician assisted Nduka Ugbade while in charge of the Olukoya Boys before their promotion into the Nigeria Professional Football League.

Since his move to the United Arab Emirates in 2013, the gaffer has enjoyed a steady rise and attracted interests from the Premier League giants according to Brila.net.

He became popular in the UAE after winning the Inter Church Festival football tournament for Holy Trinity Anglican Church team in 2013, a competition that had all Churches in Dubai competing for the trophy.

After which he joined Universal Sports Club after his triumphs six years back with Holy Trinity.

Anyanwu won three trophies with the Universal Sports Club while in charge of the of the U-16, Academy and the school league team. He also had a stint with the German International School Sharjah UAE in 2017.

The manager, whose role model is Marcelo Lippi has now become the first Nigerian to be appointed as a coach at the Arsenal Soccer School in Dubai.

He was also an assistant coach for Imo State at the Sports Festival in Port Harcourt in 2011, and a close friend to the manager reveals he was excited with his new job.

"I am very excited to be part of the Arsenal Soccer school as a coach, it feels good to have been chosen to impact my knowledge on the team .

"I am ready to train,teach and tell the young lads about the philosophy of Arsenal football club "

The Imo State Indigene also revealed that he will like to contribute to the development of football in Nigeria at the youth level.

"With the experience and exposure i have gained over the years in grassroot football, I can take Nigeria to the next level ".

Anyanwu holds International coaching certificate from the English FA and the Italian FA after first obtaining a Diploma Certificate in Nigeria.

Meanwhile, Arsenal Striker Danny Welbeck was at the Arsenal Soccer School and met with Anyanwu and the players to inspire them to keep working hard to fulfil their Dreams.

The England striker who has scored 16 goals in 88 appearances for the Gunners also told the players to be open to learning and to always listen to their coaches.

https://www.042cobed.com/sports/top-nigerian-coach-lands-coaching-job-at-arsenal-football-club/
Read More Above

(1) (Reply)

2019 AFCONQ Roster: Iheanacho Must Take Rohr's Snub As Wake-up Call / Zidane Reappointment Spells Doom For Bale / Free 2 Odds, Best Free Sport Predictions.. The Best In Sport Predictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.