Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Red Alert:climate Change. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Red Alert:climate Change. (320 Views)

Red Alert: The Dangers Of Licking Vagina! (photos+video) / Death Of Iranian General: IGP Puts Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide / Red Alert!! We're Drowning In Dirt! Is Lawma Still In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Red Alert:climate Change. by Nobody: 2:03am On Feb 19, 2019
We have all been consumed by the recent theatrics involving our elections and our lives in general.We barely have the time or the presence of mind to pause and consider our environment.By environment,I meant MOTHER NATURE.Its been on my mind for years to say something and hope my words will touch the heart of someone somewhere to make a change.

Brethren,we have a clear and present problem coming at us with the speed of a dangote trailer with failed brakes.We have a quiet crises that is so insidious you won't even know when it has surrounded you.

I am writing this because I cannot sleep.There is no light and the air is standing still.My body is covered in sweat.Should I start the gen...and add to the neighbourhood choir?At 2 am in the morning?This is just an example of the climate change i am talking about.We have a problem that we can't see but we can feel it
Oh yes we can.

We have destroyed the natural environment because of a myopic hunger to make money.We cut down trees and push back the oceans all in the quest to make useless money
WE DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING.

We go to shopping malls and buy 10 items with 10 plastic bags to carry them.We get home and throw away those plastics in the trash...and lawma comes and takes them away
But there really is no 'away'.The plastic will end up in the rivers and oceans and find their way back to your body in the food you eat.Oh yea.The fish and sea food you eat may be 20% plastic.The remaining floating plastic will strangle and kill marine life...leading to consequences our children and their children will suffer in years to come

We cheerfully destroy other life forms because we believe we are the only ones that deserve the earth
Sorry.We are wrong.Those creatures have a place in this planet and a purpose for existing
For instance..have you noticed that there seems to be more mosquitoes than usual these days?Could it be because their natural predators(natures control system)like bats have been wiped off?When you cut down trees you destroy entire habitats and those animals go into local extinction

(1) (Reply)

FREE Seminar: How To Grow A PROFITABLE Ecommerce Business In Nigeria / Toxic Alcohol Kills 98, Hundreds Hospitalised / Please Nairalander Help To Confirm This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.