Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups (1704 Views)

My Alabai Just Littered 11 Puppies. / My Eskimo Just Littered 9 Pups. / Can I Care For A Pet While Working/living Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by georgepopsii(m): 10:23am On Feb 19, 2019
Hello everyone

Please I need your help on feeding they're just about 2 weeks and 3 days old and feeding is difficult.

Please any suggestions as to what can be fed to help them grow until they start eating can food.

Thank you.
Re: Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by newtral01(f): 10:37am On Feb 19, 2019
What is their breed? Do you have housing for them? Do you have a vet doctor for them? Let's start from there
Re: Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 19, 2019
if na Chihuahua, gimme one make i take care of am.

1 Like

Re: Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by okwabayi(m): 10:56am On Feb 19, 2019
I thought this thing happened to only humans.
Lol.
Re: Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by showstopperss(m): 11:09am On Feb 19, 2019
It depends. How often do you take them to the vet? Do you have a good housing for them and their feed? I dont mind if you can dash me one
Re: Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by kobosmart(m): 11:24am On Feb 19, 2019
georgepopsii:
Hello everyone

Please I need your help on feeding they're just about 2 weeks and 3 days old and feeding is difficult.

Please any suggestions as to what can be fed to help them grow until they start eating can food.

Thank you.
grin give your mother to breast feed
Re: Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by showstopperss(m): 11:40am On Feb 19, 2019
kobosmart:

grin give your mother to breast feed

1 Like

Re: Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by Kurtis02(m): 11:41am On Feb 19, 2019
ikunle oo!
just get a vet and provide them with a good space to keep dem warm.
Re: Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by frowland(m): 12:51pm On Feb 19, 2019
Hi bro, I once went through your situation. It is not uncommon. Infact, the mother died few days after delivery. All I did was to continue the feeding procedures initially with syringe then I upgraded to feeding bottles. After few weeks they were ready to eat canned food and the rest was history. In your own case, your puppies are weeks old, then you can introduce can food and sometimes golden mourn & powdered milk. You should be good. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by adisabarber(m): 1:24pm On Feb 19, 2019
georgepopsii:
Hello everyone

Thank you.

At 2 weeks you have done well so far. Get puppy milk and use pipette to feed them. U can gradually start making the milk thicker.

1 Like

Re: Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by Ofuks(m): 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2019
Sorry bro!

My Mastiff dog littered on 18-01-2019 and refused to feed the puppies so I have been bottle feeding the ten puppies for over 4 weeks now and they are doing just fine. The first two weeks, I fed them NAN 1 and then on the 3rd week I graduated to PEAK 213. I just introduced them to semi solid food of mashed noodles mixed with eggs and milk and they are growing really healthy and fast. It has been quite challenging but I am loving every minute of it.

Get the following items from a baby shop and you are good to go.

1. Two feeding bottles for new born babies
2. A can of NAN 1 (if you cannot find puppy formula)
3. A box of surgical gloves

Follow the instructions on the can to mix the milk with previously boiled and cooled clean water and make sure you wash your hands very well and put on the gloves before feeding the puppies.

You can message me on whatsapp (07035111668) for more clarification.

Goodluck!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by Kseafresh: 2:08pm On Feb 19, 2019
georgepopsii:
Hello everyone

Thank you.
So sorry to Hear that , Give me one so as to reduce ur burden...I promise to take care of it like my child
Re: Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by Kseafresh: 2:10pm On Feb 19, 2019
Ofuks:
Sorry bro!
I have been bottle feeding my ten Mastiff puppies for over 4 weeks now and they are doing just fine. However, in my own case , their mum littered and refused to breastfeed them.

Follow the instructions on the can to mix the milk with previously boiled and cooled clean water and make sure you wash your hands very well and put on the gloves before feeding the puppies.

Goodluck!
Make una give ur fellow human bieng one puppy abeg...Just one even if its the runt of d litter

1 Like

Re: Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by femsfarm: 9:51am On Feb 20, 2019
Ofuks:
Sorry bro!

My Mastiff dog littered on 18-01-2019 and refused to feed the puppies so I have been bottle feeding the ten puppies for over 4 weeks now and they are doing just fine. The first two weeks, I fed them NAN 1 and then on the 3rd week I graduated to PEAK 213. I just introduced them to semi solid food of mashed noodles mixed with eggs and milk and they are growing really healthy and fast. It has been quite challenging but I am loving every minute of it.

Goodluck!

Hello, learnt a lot from ur comment. I have a bullmastiff.

Did u cross ur mastiff on her 1st or 2nd heat?
Re: Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
Ofuks:
Sorry bro!

Goodluck!
This is cool
Re: Emergency: My Dog Littered And Died How Do I Care For Her Pups by Ofuks(m): 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2019
femsfarm:

Hello, learnt a lot from ur comment. I have a bullmastiff.

Did u cross ur mastiff on her 1st or 2nd heat?

No I did not cross her on her first heat but I did on the second heat and it did not work well at all. She got pregnant and littered four puppies but she lost all of them within the first 3 days due to her immaturity and carelessness (she stepped on them, laid on them and even ate three of them). It takes a matured Bullmastiff dam to raise a litter. I was disappointed, horrified and broken for a long time. Allow your dog to grow up a little bit more and you'll be just fine. It is well.

(1) (Reply)

Caucasian Shepherd For Sale / Solid Male NEAPOLITAN MASTIFF / Parvo Causes, Symptoms And Treatments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.