Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,315 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It (14435 Views)

Nigerian Twitter Account Needed / Five People Whose Absence Will Make Nigerian Twitter Boring – Add Yours / "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by maclatunji: 2:41pm On Feb 19, 2019
Last Friday, we received the news that some Nigerian Twitter influencer accounts including:

Badmus Hakeem (Tweets @Bhadoosky), Jokunle (@Jokunle), Ani Nomso (@ani_nomso), Shawnife (@Shawnife_), Official Bmax (@OfficialBmax), Uche Kush (@UcheKush_), Lazy Writa (@LazyWrita), Rouvafe (@Rouvafe), Abdulaxis (@iam_abdulaxis), Switchme, Enekem Greg (@EnekemGreg) had been suspended by Twitter and have remained so.

For a few years, these individuals have managed to gain a sizeable following on the microblogging platform and used it to promote products, services, #tags as well as events and politicians. They obviously formed a clique and sometimes boasted of their influence.

So, how can you avoid falling into this situation of losing a huge following and influence on Twitter? The first thing is to understand why Twitter sometimes suspends accounts. The company has its official reasons. They are:

Spam: Most of the accounts we suspend are suspended because they are spammy, or just plain fake, and they introduce security risks for Twitter and all of our users. These types of accounts are against our Twitter Rules. Unfortunately, sometimes a real person’s account gets suspended by mistake, and in those cases we’ll work with the person to make sure the account is unsuspended.

Account security at risk: If we suspect an account has been hacked or compromised, we may suspend it until it can be secured and restored to the account owner in order to reduce potentially malicious activity caused by the compromise.

Abusive Tweets or behavior: We may suspend an account if it has been reported to us as violating our Rules surrounding abuse. When an account engages in abusive behavior, like sending threats to others or impersonating other accounts, we may suspend it temporarily or, in some cases, permanently.
These reasons are valid but there are also some reasons that we may term 'unofficial', they include:

Using Your Twitter Account to Promote Paid Content Too Many Times: This might seem had to believe but the essence of Twitter is for you to share interests with other users. Where you turn your account to a promotional tool, the company would definitely notice the trend and might decide it wants advertisers to do business with it directly.

Using Your Twitter Account to Try to Swing Elections: Following the Cambridge Analytica scandal pertaining to the 2015 presidential election in Nigeria, the top three Social Media companies, Facebook, Google and Twitter came under a lot of public scrutiny, this seems to have been why the Nigerian Twitter influencers had their accounts suspended. They were beginning to channel the discourse on the platform into anything anybody willing to pay them would wanted. This is now seen as election manipulation, because a party can just pay its way into confusing voters to vote for it with fake news and misinformation.

So if you don't want Twitter to suspend your account, build your following organically and probably channel them to a blog if you want to commercialize your following safely. Japhet Omojuwa has done this and managed to get the Twitter hammer fall on him.

Source: http://www.coolstuff49ja.com/2019/02/why-nigerian-twitter-influencers.html
Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by tommykiwi(m): 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2019
Thanx for the info!
But less I forget, hope you guys are still Atikulated-Obi.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2019
noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by NIGHTMARE0O7: 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by letout: 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2019
Ok
Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by Baddiezz(f): 6:03pm On Feb 19, 2019
I'm not on Twitter

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by jasmine1600: 6:03pm On Feb 19, 2019
Each time I remember I voted for this scammer Buhari, I find it difficult to forgive my self.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by Teewhy2: 6:04pm On Feb 19, 2019
Social media is a very good tool to make the lives of people better which it has really done to people but it has also destroyed the lives of so many people as well. it is like a coin so depending on which sides you prefer to view from.

Are you planning to do a roof parapet?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/11

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by reechest: 6:04pm On Feb 19, 2019
grin
Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by Catastrophe1: 6:04pm On Feb 19, 2019
Good stuff
Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by lordparcel: 6:05pm On Feb 19, 2019
Good
Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by Demiladedemzy(m): 6:06pm On Feb 19, 2019
good one....meanwhile Buhari must go!
Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by adedehinbo(m): 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2019
Baddiezz:
I'm not on Twitter
I don't even know what its all about,if you are with me signify
Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2019
Bullshît
Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by Drsmith01(m): 6:12pm On Feb 19, 2019
These yeye people i begged to help me been harrased by SARS officials trend wey dem no gree

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 19, 2019
I remember the company i work for trying to advertise on a certain celebrity twitter handle, only for the yeyebrity to insist on 750,000 for the twitter advert sad shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by CheapDataGuy: 6:13pm On Feb 19, 2019
How pastorOla managed to escape Twitter suspension is still beyound me

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by PresidoAtikuGcf: 6:14pm On Feb 19, 2019
I have said it time and time again if Nigeria misses this opportunity to remove this bigot and half integrity backward thinking man Buhari, it will take us more than 20years to recover.

On the other hand, here is Atiku they claimed could not visit the US yet he went conquered and came back peacefully.
Here is Atiku they are calling thief meanwhile not even EFCC have summoned him for questioning let alone arraign him court.
The same Atiku Tinubu said was the one that could make life meaningful for Nigerians, the same Atiku APC complemented highly for his benevolence and goodwill towards them that they couldn't find a word to describe him especially after he single-handedly funded Buhari campaign in 2015 that they called him a "true asset". It will be very shameful for the same APC party to call the same asset a thief just because he decided move from darkness(APC) to light(PDP) to resuce his country from misrule and the world's poverty capital tag.

IF BUHARI KNEW WHAT INTEGRITY WAS HE WOULDNT ALLOW A CRIME ORIENTED TINUBU TO GET CLOSE TO HIM LET ALONE BE IN THE SAME PARTY, HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ROTTING IN JAIL BY NOW.

Meanwhile Ganduje of all people is still the same Buhari and APC's choice candidate for Kano Governorship, a thief they publicly and shamefully raised his hand after the viral bribery video involving him, what are we even talking about here??. It is likely that anyone that still claims Buhari has integrity needs to check his IQ level cos if he can fall for this scam he can fall for anything.

From all indications Buhari has little or nothing to offer Nigeria as we have already been told by the wife a while ago when she made the expository statement of two men hijacking his husband's Government. Anyone that is thinking of voting Buhari again is clearly voting in these two men and not Buhari, and may calamity never depart from the life of such a person life from generation to generation, he shall be killed like those innocent farmers and villagers from Benue who have lost their lands and lives in their thousands, also may his children be in however condition Nigeria economy is under this evil administration. Amen!!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by Trapnews: 6:21pm On Feb 19, 2019
PresidoAtikuGcf:
I have said it time and time again if Nigeria misses this opportunity to remove this bigot and half integrity backward thinking man Buhari, it will take us more than 20years to recover.

On the other hand, here is Atiku they claimed could not visit the US yet he went conquered and came back peacefully.
Here is Atiku they are calling thief meanwhile not even EFCC have summoned him for questioning let alone arraign him court.
The same Atiku Tinubu said was the one that could make life meaningful for Nigerians, the same Atiku APC complemented highly for his benevolence and goodwill towards them that they couldn't find a word to describe him especially after he single-handedly funded Buhari campaign in 2015 that they called him a "true asset". It will be very shameful for the same APC party to call the same asset a thief just because he decided move from darkness(APC) to light(PDP) to resuce his country from misrule and the world's poverty capital tag.

IF BUHARI KNEW WHAT INTEGRITY WAS HE WOULDNT ALLOW A CRIME ORIENTED TINUBU TO GET CLOSE TO HIM LET ALONE BE IN THE SAME PARTY, HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ROTTING IN JAIL BY NOW.

Meanwhile Ganduje of all people is still the same Buhari and APC's choice candidate for Kano Governorship, a thief they publicly and shamefully raised his hand after the viral bribery video involving him, what are we even talking about here??. It is likely that anyone that still claims Buhari has integrity needs to check his IQ level cos if he can fall for this scam he can fall for anything.

From all indications Buhari has little or nothing to offer Nigeria as we have already been told by the wife a while ago when she made the expository statement of two men hijacking his husband's Government. Anyone that is thinking of voting Buhari again is clearly voting in these two men and not Buhari, and may calamity never depart from the life of such a person life from generation to generation, he shall be killed like those innocent farmers and villagers from Benue who have lost their lands and lives in their thousands, also may his children be in however condition Nigeria economy is under this evil administration. Amen!!
Is that all? You are one of the problems in this country, why promote Atiku when we have other candidates too. Atiku was the vice president for 8 good years and he was in PDP when oil price was $110 per barrel he never fought poverty, is it now that oil price is $50 per barrel that he will help us? If any one of you feel Buhari has not done enough looking at the damage your ba'stard politicians did to Nigeria, you can go ahead and snatch the ballot on Saturday, we dey wait una. Bast'ards!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 19, 2019
What about those prostitutes selling premium snapchat on Twitter grin that company is biased

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 19, 2019
That's their business
Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by sacajawea: 6:47pm On Feb 19, 2019
Teewhy2:
Social media is a very good tool to make the lives of people better which it has really done to people but it has also destroyed the lives of so many people as well. it is like a coin so depending on which sides you prefer to view from.
It is Doing the Latter in Naija. Period!
Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by Lagbaja01(m): 6:59pm On Feb 19, 2019
Go and do that with your Twitter account
tommykiwi:
Thanx for the info!
Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by NothingDoMe: 7:00pm On Feb 19, 2019
tommykiwi:
Thanx for the info!
Lol
Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by helinues: 7:08pm On Feb 19, 2019
Ok
Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by know: 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2019
Last time I checked, Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iwaela is still on the board of Twitter and Madam is still PDP
Re: Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It by Charlieluvboy(m): 7:15pm On Feb 19, 2019
Please I'm in need of a job. Can anyone help me with one. Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Bought From INITIALIZE" P6000(unboxing And Review) / 250 Million Fake Phones Sold In Nigeria Yearly - NCC / Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.