Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing (22310 Views)

Sheikh Goni Aisami: Army Dismisses Two Officers Over murder Of Yobe Cleric / Five People Arrested Over The Death Of Four Officers In Calabar / Soldiers Threaten To Shoot RRS Officers Over Covered Number Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by mascot345: 7:16am On Feb 20, 2019
I watched the video. The custom officer should be dealt with.
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by IMASTEX: 7:16am On Feb 20, 2019
Sentence the man that pulled the trigger to death by burning. Then send the video to all security agencies.
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by bejeria101(m): 7:19am On Feb 20, 2019
Naija and their drama! What is accidental about killing a human being in cold blood?
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by wink2015(m): 7:21am On Feb 20, 2019
BananaTree:
The case is a murder case and should be with the Police. NCS does not have the jurisdiction to investigate or try the case. This is how they mutilate justice.

You have mentioned a key point. I agree with you that the case should be investigated by the Nigeria Police instead of the Nigeria customs as directed by Col. Ahmed Ali (Rtd ) This is to avoid tampering with justice and the Nigeria Customs do not have the jurisdiction.

Col Ahmed Ali (Rtd ) is exhibiting the soldier man mentality as equally found in President Muhammadu Buhari his boss and ex-military collegues.

When the senate and house of representatives mandated Col Ahmed Ali ( Rtd ) to wear custom uniform as Comptroller General he stood his ground with the support of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Now Col. Ahmed Ali is diverting investigation into the matter of the murder to the Nigeria customs instead of the Nigeria police.

This is the same customs that he derided by refusing to wear the customs uniform when mandated.

1 Like

Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by Offpoint: 7:22am On Feb 20, 2019
ednut1:
The gun was corked in the video. Nothing accidental here. Bt all this benin abroad returnees why una no dey enta plane to benin self
I wonder what they always mean by "Accidental discharge" when there's safety mode on guns... abi they accidentally côck a gun and still accidentally pull the trigger too?

Do they really Nigerians are daft or what?

1 Like

Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by balbayaaniy: 7:24am On Feb 20, 2019
he was medically discharged after medical treatment when he was arreined by robbers.
I'm very sure the custom was Tested and okay before going on patrol, and he has pulled the trigger aggressively all for the sum of #5000 and the opposition died.
this is my judgment;
I hereby judge the custom officer to be fired till death and recorded by video to play for others to learn. this is corruption and injustice to Nigeria coat of arm forces.
court..
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by fapcrook(m): 7:25am On Feb 20, 2019
BananaTree:
The case is a murder case and should be with the Police. NCS does not have the jurisdiction to investigate or try the case. This is how they mutilate justice.
please put graphic in that picture
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by drmikeadams(m): 7:26am On Feb 20, 2019
Offpoint:

I wonder what they always mean by "Accidental discharge" when there's safety mode on guns... abi they accidentally côck a gun and still accidentally pull the trigger too?

Do they really Nigerians are daft or what?
grin Nigerians RE daft jare....haiti,Venezuela,sudan are on d streets protesting against bad leadership grin we dey wait for God as usual grin

1 Like

Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by HardBishop: 7:27am On Feb 20, 2019
the black race has a problem.. we operate as if we re under a curse.
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by kunmiiii: 7:29am On Feb 20, 2019
There was absolutely nothing accidental about that discharge, Nada! Zilch!! That was first degree murder and maximum sentence should be Death!! I'm still wondering how a supposed "Friend" of the customs ended up at the end of the barrel.
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 20, 2019
The average mentality of a Nigerian in the jungle.

I will deal with you, I will show you, Do you know who I am ?

Okay, it's like the guy snatched Ballot Box. No wonder, shoot at sight order.

1 Like

Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by eightsin(m): 7:37am On Feb 20, 2019
This Joseph Attah is a mad man and needs to be relieved of that PRO post after the rubbish he realised at first.

1 Like

Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 20, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin Nigerians RE daft jare....haiti,Venezuela,sudan are on d streets protesting against bad leadership grin we dey wait for God as usual grin

France is protesting for several weeks now.

The Yellow vest movement.
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by eagleeye2: 7:37am On Feb 20, 2019
Did I read "the actual officer whose riffle accidentally discharged"? The case is already in the bin. They ain't doing any investigation.

3 Likes

Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by morningsta(m): 7:38am On Feb 20, 2019
Even without listening or interrogating the perpetrator the panel has already concluded that it was a case of accidental discharge! What a shame!! The perpetrator clearly stepped back, corked his gun and shot the poor man. Yes, we could hear clearly the corking of the gun in the video without doubt. It is for reasons like this that some Nigerians would rather resort to self help through jungle justice. Rest in peace to the deceased.

quote author=Scandinavian02 post=75913341]Why is the NCS eager to cover up this extra-judicial murder of an innocent Nigerian?

If you watched that video you would see clearly that it was not an accidental discharge. The officer corked his rifle to the hearing of people who watched that video and aimed directly at the guy. It was not a case of accidental discharge at all.

Enough of these killings in Nigeria.

I am mad that that Custom guy was spared cos he should have been burnt alive after he was beaten and made to sit on the ground. Why was he spared? Just get some old tyres and do the needful, let him taste it too![/quote]
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by Inecelection212(m): 7:39am On Feb 20, 2019
Just kill the man already

Check my signature to migrate to Canada
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by ofemigeorge(m): 7:39am On Feb 20, 2019
No wonder(they were coming from Europe) the man videoing the stuff was knowledgeable to video the whole thing and say," I know my right, don't touch my phone"

In this country our civil right should be taught in from primary school.
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by Lush100(m): 7:42am On Feb 20, 2019
haha..dont forget to shoot more people on election day since u now have gun ....u have the go ahead of the presido...who doesn't value human lives.

never heard any hardline remark when pips where killed in benue oh....anyway what do i know..

Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by shadyLP(m): 7:42am On Feb 20, 2019
joeyswift:
Any paramilitary group that carries gun are always trigger happy. The day road safety start carrying gun, we are finished in Nigeria

Any road safety officer clamouring for the use of guns in the agency should be kicked out of the agency

1 Like

Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by islandmoon: 7:57am On Feb 20, 2019
theoldpretender:

What are your qualifications? You cannot be asking for job without posting qualifications

Also check the jobs/vacancies part of this site...click here

anybody that see your comment will not know you are seriously searching for a job also
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by 8stargeneral: 7:58am On Feb 20, 2019
Too bad,tears couldn't allow me to watch d video, no one is save in dis country cry cry.
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by nextnear(m): 8:01am On Feb 20, 2019
GistersNG:
GistMore.com

The Nigeria Customs Service has said that four members of the patrol team involved in the killing of their civilian ‘friend’, Godwin Onoja, have been detained.

It also stated that a panel set up to investigate the killing could not conclude its investigation because the officer, who accidentally shot Onoja, Destiny Onebamho, was receiving medical attention after he was attacked by motorists following the killing.

Onoja was shot by a member of the five-man Customs patrol team while they were trying to allegedly extort N5,000 bribe from a group of travellers coming from Europe at the Sagamu end of the Lagos-Ore-Benin Expressway.

It was gathered that the victim was shot during an altercation between the officers of the Federal Operations Unit of the NCS, Ikeja, Lagos, and the travellers, who boarded an Iyare Motors’ passenger bus travelling to Benin City from Lagos.

A statement from the NCS Public Relations Officer, Joseph Attah, on Tuesday, said Onebamho would be questioned by the panel once fit to enable it conclude its investigation and recommend appropriate actions to be taken against the operatives.

According to the statement, the Comptroller-General of Customs, Col. Hameed Ali (retd.) has directed a thorough investigation into the immediate and remote causes of the incident with a view to ensuring that justice is served.

Attah stated, “Following the unfortunate incident of Sunday, February 17, 2019, at the Sagamu interchange involving operatives of the Federal Operations Unit, Zone ‘A’, which led to the death of a fellow citizen, Mr Godwin Onoja, the Nigeria Customs Service has continued to maintain close contact with the bereaved family.

“We are pained by this sad development and share the grief of losing a fellow compatriot in a seemingly avoidable circumstance. We will continue to take every necessary step to cushion the pain associated with losing a dear one.

“In line with this directive, the investigation panel headed by the Zonal Coordinator, Zone ‘A’, ACG Kaycee Ekekezie, has interrogated and detained four members of the patrol team.

“The panel could not immediately conclude the investigation because the actual officer, ASCI Destiny Onebamho, whose rifle accidentally discharged and killed Onoja, is presently receiving medical attention following the attack on him owing to the unfortunate incident. He will face the panel as soon as he is fit to do so to enable the panel conclude investigation and recommend appropriate actions.”

Attah added that the ongoing investigation would be holistic and would involve looking at the weapon handling skills of the operatives and actions that must be taken by the service to prevent future occurrences.

See more here - http://gistmore.com/customs-detain-four-officers-over-civilian-friends-killing
they are supposed to be detained by the police, not the customs, the crazy officer shot and killed a civilian, and should be trialled at a civilian court as well, so why should they be in custom detention, and they should just stop claiming he victim was a custom's friend or so, av seen the video, it was a deliberate shot directly at the victim, not a stray bullet, or an accidental stuff, do they think we are all stupid, what a country sha.
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by sunbilor(m): 8:02am On Feb 20, 2019
ednut1:
The gun was corked in the video. Nothing accidental here. Bt all this benin abroad returnees why una no dey enta plane to benin self
They are already used to flying. So they want to explore other means of transport. grin
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by donskin101: 8:03am On Feb 20, 2019
Untrained officers, who don't know how to handle guns at such occasion like that. These was how a police officer mistakenly shot an S.A to the governor. Untrained and mentally derange officers
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by OTayobami(m): 8:05am On Feb 20, 2019
eightsin:
This Joseph Attah is a mad man and needs to be relieved of that PRO post after the rubbish he realised at first.

This one is here fooling himself, he thinks it's still the age that something will happen and they will twist the story and no one will know what really happened, he doesn't know that as buhari himself have watched the whole clip so as one of my fellow citizen in the deepest village in zamfara too
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by odogwueast: 8:05am On Feb 20, 2019
It's a pites to our Nigeria custom wasted life becoues of 5000 he will surely pay for it
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by Isoduwa(m): 8:06am On Feb 20, 2019
kiltoko1:
Their was a country

And the country were were were were zoo police �� and political life
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by Amumaigwe: 8:10am On Feb 20, 2019
olufalaye:
Extra judicial killings in Nigeria is becoming rampant in Nigeria.
An innocent life is gone

And it is about to get worse. #ballotsnatchers #shootonsite
Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by davillian(m): 8:13am On Feb 20, 2019
There is nothing like accidental discharge here
The custom officer turned around took a nice position corked the gun, pointed it and pulled the trigger.
His final looks said it all that this nigger is up to no good.

Re: Customs Detain Four Officers Over Civilian Friend’s Killing by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:24am On Feb 20, 2019
chukwugoziegi:
I saw the video and the way the gun went off though.

Shoot me, shoot me."
Paa
"Custom don kill person

I had to ask the person beside me if it was real as the whole thing didn't even take long.

so sudden, even the shooter was surprised. He corked but was not ready to shoot, it was his village people that pulled the trigger.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Feared Gang Leader Was Beaten To Death Over Iphone 6 In Delta. / 4 Children Of One Family Who Died One Day In Abia Set For Burial Today (Pix) / Chukwuka Utazi Says There Are 60 Police Checkpoints Between Lagos And Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.