Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Am I An Introvert - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I An Introvert (1014 Views)

Am I An Underachiever / If You Were Once An Introvert How Did You Change? / 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I An Introvert by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 20, 2019
There comes a time in our lives that we become self-conscious and self-aware. We were not like this when we were younger, but as we grow older, it is normal to know why we are who we are.

Why do I react this way in this type of situation? Why can’t I be like those guys? Why can’t I act like them? Why do I find it difficult to express myself? Why do I feel like I have to be a hundred percent knowledgeable in something before I feel I know anything about it? Why am I such a perfectionist? Then you head off to the internet, searching for answers.

It is quite good that you want answers to your questions because that is how to gain more knowledge concerning various aspects of life- finding answers.

Most introverts are aware of their personality type. But for some, they still find it hard to tell with certainty. Anyways, if it’s hard to decide if you are really an introvert, here are some basic things about introverts which may relate to your attitude:

Dislikes conflict

Check the president or ruler of a peaceful country, he or she is most likely an introvert. Conflict is something introverts avoid except it threatens their lives or those of their loved ones. Or perhaps if it is something that has to do with what they stand against. But you will hardly find an introvert who will fight because over a cheating boyfriend/man or girlfriend/wife, argue to the point of exchanging blows, etc.

For some people, it may seem like cowardice, but introverts choose their battle wisely. If it’s important, then you would have the opportunity of seeing them turn into a roaring lion to defend their rights or thoughts, and they hardly ever lose.

Calmness is one of the qualities of introverts, and this is because they are sensitive and have developed the act of empathy to be able to feel the pains of others and sympathize easily with them. For example, if an introvert was a customer service personnel and an angry customer works in and starts shouting, the introvert will naturally try to understand why the customer is shouting rather than ignoring or shouting back. Not because it is her duty, but because it is how they are wired. They can calm others down with their calming presence.

However, when they are fighting for their rights which has been trampled upon without apology, you might have to observe closely to see the calmness.

Love for writing

Most introverts practice the art of writing because they find it more comfortable than talking. Do you know all that physical energy that goes into talking? You get to preserve it when writing because you are only using your mental energy.

Introverts love making use of their mental energy which is one of the reasons they prefer listening to talking or thinking before speaking. It is important to process every information in their mind before giving their thoughts.

Writing allows you to process the series of thoughts you have with each passing minute without the pressure of having to say something before completing the process. When writing, you have the time to do your researches, and express yourself without scrutiny from other parties. Introverts dislike direct conflict and will often take to writing if there are issues to address.

Prefer one on one conversation

If you have an extrovert friend, he or she may wonder why you suddenly turned cold when they invited another friend to join your table. It is very easy for an introvert to keep up a meaningful conversation with one person than a group of people. The very reason for this is because introverts feel the energy of people when they converse with them.

The voice tone, gesticulations, facial expression, etc. introverts feel them all. They can manage with one person, but when it becomes two or more, they will certainly feel overwhelmed and unable to cope except they came prepared, i.e. knowing they will be discussing with more than a person.

Loves solitude

Introverts love their company more than that of others. For an introvert, there is a lot to think about which they cannot do if people continuously surround them.

An introvert will not mind if she has not received a phone call in a day, but an extrovert will become paranoid and feel like everyone has forgotten her. Great ideas come from continuous thinking which introverts have the opportunity to do when they are alone.

For an extrovert, being alone means loneliness, but for an introvert, it is a time to write, think, dream, and research without interruption.
Loving solitude is one of the reasons introverts prefer to work alone.

In the words of Albert Einstein, “The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulate a creative mind.” Solitude fuels the creativity of introverts, unlike extroverts who would prefer to be surrounded in the midst of people and probably love listening to music while reading. It is for this reason that introverts do the best work when they are alone with their thoughts and without pressure.

Good listener

When the subject of discussion is of interest to them, introverts will listen to every detail. It could be issues relating to work, education or even relationship. If it’s something they need to know about, they are going to grasp every bit of information they can lay their hands.

But if they are not interested in the topic, then there is a great possibility that they will drift into a daydream two minutes after listening. The bottom line is that introverts are only great listeners to topics that concern them.

Another reason why introverts are good listeners is that they prefer to listen than talk. They would rather that someone did the talking while they listened. And one great thing about them is that they can do other things while listening. This does not necessarily mean multitasking, but they are well in control of their mental strength and can use it as they please including going for a short imaginary trip while the speaker continues to ramble.

Have a small group of friends

A group of young friends sitting outside at a sidewalk
The phrase “three is a crowd” must have been coined by an introvert. One notable trait of an introvert is their inability to keep a large group of friends.

Introverts will prefer quality over quantity, and would not think twice about discontinuing any relationship that feels like a burden rather than...
Continue reading @ http://introvertsrevolution.com/2019/02/19/am-i-an-introvert/

6 Likes

Re: Am I An Introvert by noni14(m): 8:58am On May 15, 2019
nice 1
Re: Am I An Introvert by Stevenbright(m): 9:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
You are spot on and ur flow is great!
Re: Am I An Introvert by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 18, 2019
Spot on �
Re: Am I An Introvert by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 06, 2019
Stevenbright:
You are spot on and ur flow is great!

Thank you
Re: Am I An Introvert by Nobody: 5:20am On Oct 06, 2019
BennieWang:
Spot on �

Thanks
Re: Am I An Introvert by Nobody: 5:20am On Oct 06, 2019
noni14:
nice 1
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Racism: Oyinbo Kid Attacks A Nigerian Girl At A Playground, Her Dad Fights Back / Emotional Dilemma!!! / Good Samaritan Please Help Me With A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.