Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman (47760 Views)

Updates From Ondo State APC Primaries / Gunmen Assassinate Chief Abiodun Folarin In Ogun / Unknown Gunmen Assassinate Gbenga Ogbara (APC Chairman) In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by Truckpusher(m): 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2019
This is an internal hit
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by antidote06: 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
PresidentAtiku:
Atiku needs to start preparing his acceptance speech and forming his cabinet, there is no time to waste. We don't have the luxury of the 6 months these hardship merchants in power spent been confused
u ppl ar so annoying,who told u dat atiku is a magician n dat he givs a Bleep abt u?dont u thnk he wil try 2 recover al his money he has spent in this election b4 anythng?
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by dlondonbadboy: 3:54pm On Feb 20, 2019
B1ak3:

Wow the way you spinned this story is simply amazing. May God save Nigeria. People will say anything these days just to get cheap likes on nairaland

I'm simply amazing. cool
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by B1ak3: 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2019
candlewax:
politics aside, the person assassinated is someone else's father, husband, brother and bread winner. Politics isn't a do or die but unfortunately the C in C doesn't agree with me

After saying let's leave politics aside you still managed to politicise the whole thing undecided smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by wink2015(m): 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2019
Gunmen have assassinated chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) chairman in Logara/Umuohiagu Ward in Ngor Okpala Council Area of Imo state, Ifeanyi Ozoemena.

He was murdered on Tuesday night shortly after presiding over a meeting of the party in the ward.

The development sparked off fear in the state ahead of Saturday’s rescheduled presidential and National Assembly election.

The suspected hired assassins were said to have murdered him in his house right before his family members.

A community leader, Chief Martin Opara, who confirmed the killing to our correspondent, said the community had been thrown into panic and mourning.

Read Also: Gunmen abduct two saw millers
According to him, the community had never witnessed such political killing, urging security agencies to fish out the killers of the APC chieftain without any delay.

Opara said the Eze-in-Council in conjunction with the community’s town union had met and sent a delegation to Divisional Police Officer requesting masterminds of the dastardly act should be arrested without any hesitation.

He said: “This killing is strange to our community. Report says that he was shot severally in his house until he died.

“We have met with the Eze-in-council and have sent a delegation to the DPO requesting that the killers should be arrested immediately.

“Logara community is known for peace and we won’t jeopardise peace among us.

“The deceased finished hosting a meeting of APC members in his ward after which gunmen operating in a jeep came and requested to see him. On sighting him, they shot him severally before they left.”

Commissioner of Police Dasuki Galadanchi confirmed the killing to our correspondent in a telephone conversation.

He said the police have evacuated the corpse.

According to the CP, the gunmen who killed the APC chieftain operated in an SUV jeep.

https://www.google.com/amp/thenationonlineng.net/breaking-gunmen-assassinate-imo-apc-chairman/amp/

THIS IS A SAD DEVELOPMENT FOR NIGERIA POLITICS?

Politics of do or die.
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by Firefire(m): 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
Chukwurah003:

Shut up ignoramus

pele ti ooo
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by B1ak3: 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
dlondonbadboy:

I'm simply amazing. cool

I'm glad you understood the sarcasm
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by wink2015(m): 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
wink2015:

Gunmen have assassinated chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) chairman in Logara/Umuohiagu Ward in Ngor Okpala Council Area of Imo state, Ifeanyi Ozoemena.

He was murdered on Tuesday night shortly after presiding over a meeting of the party in the ward.

The development sparked off fear in the state ahead of Saturday’s rescheduled presidential and National Assembly election.

The suspected hired assassins were said to have murdered him in his house right before his family members.

A community leader, Chief Martin Opara, who confirmed the killing to our correspondent, said the community had been thrown into panic and mourning.

Read Also: Gunmen abduct two saw millers
According to him, the community had never witnessed such political killing, urging security agencies to fish out the killers of the APC chieftain without any delay.

Opara said the Eze-in-Council in conjunction with the community’s town union had met and sent a delegation to Divisional Police Officer requesting masterminds of the dastardly act should be arrested without any hesitation.

He said: “This killing is strange to our community. Report says that he was shot severally in his house until he died.

“We have met with the Eze-in-council and have sent a delegation to the DPO requesting that the killers should be arrested immediately.

“Logara community is known for peace and we won’t jeopardise peace among us.

“The deceased finished hosting a meeting of APC members in his ward after which gunmen operating in a jeep came and requested to see him. On sighting him, they shot him severally before they left.”

Commissioner of Police Dasuki Galadanchi confirmed the killing to our correspondent in a telephone conversation.

He said the police have evacuated the corpse.

According to the CP, the gunmen who killed the APC chieftain operated in an SUV jeep.

https://www.google.com/amp/thenationonlineng.net/breaking-gunmen-assassinate-imo-apc-chairman/amp/

THIS IS A SAD DEVELOPMENT FOR NIGERIA POLITICS?

Politics of do or die.

Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by Electricwiring2(m): 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2019

Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by Evercurious(f): 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
Chukwurah003:

Shut up ignoramus

But it's the truth
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by wink2015(m): 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2019
cool
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 20, 2019
i didn't accuse any party of being behind the assassination so how could I have possibly politicised the situation. I meant the president doesn't share same view as me. There is no link
B1ak3:

After saying let's leave aside you still managed to politicise the whole thing undecided smh
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
dlondonbadboy:

The people you guys kill on your rallies is okay abi? The fights are normal abi? Sorry for you..
THERE u go again. What do u mean by "people you guys kill on you rallies". Are u aware that people died in a stampede when jonathan visited rivers for campaign. Thats by the way self. If there are factions in apc its because of their disagreement on whom to present in state an national level..i dont believe they'll vote against buhari. Thats why sister parties formed 4rm apc in imo and ogun endorsed buhari..
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by stanliwise(m): 4:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
dlondonbadboy:
Jesus. Yesterday it was APC chairman of Benue..
Today its IMO ApC chairman.

This is a fight within the house. Buhari is such a divisive leader. Too bad..

Common to manage your party, you can't effectively do it. How can you effectively manage Nigeria?
You only thrive where there is division and divisiveness. God forbid..
How did you know this?? I guess there something you're not telling us
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by dlondonbadboy: 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
B1ak3:

I'm glad you understood the sarcasm

Go and play with your mates
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by mightyhazel: 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
dlondonbadboy:

I must always speak the truth even if it breaks your heart honey. Mr President is a divisive leader. He divided his party for his selfish reasons. And these fights and killings we are witnessing between APC members is his fault and he should bear the blame.
BTW, i don't care about likes, what is likes? Does it translate to money?
dats ommenka aka corrintians ur calling honey? cheesy
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by dlondonbadboy: 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
stanliwise:
How did you know this?? I guess there something you're not telling us

Go and play with your fellow almajiri
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by openmine(m): 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2019
salykely:
PDP in action. This was how rivers of death started under Woke. The Wike strategy
bro
You should not always use the death of people to play politics
have you bothered to consider whether this death was done in-house?
Remember that there is an existing faction in imo state apc...dont you think this may have been caused by the other factions?
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by dlondonbadboy: 4:06pm On Feb 20, 2019
mightyhazel:
dats ommenka aka corrintians ur calling honey? cheesy

Jesus! Tufiakwa. Why would a zombie use the female symbol? Omeneka i bind you in jesus name...tufiakwa!
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2019
My pple I keep saying , Las Las nothing de for fish head..
God is the pure and sure thing this period

RIP Maxi APC
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by echodrum(m): 4:08pm On Feb 20, 2019
salykely:
PDP in action. This was how rivers of death started under Woke. The Wike strategy
Are you alright? If PDP kills APC chairman what would the gain from that? Why can't you use your brain correctly?.
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by stanliwise(m): 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2019
dlondonbadboy:

Go and play with your fellow almajiri
I expected this response since I already know you're clueless.
People like you wouldn't live long if they deduct lifespan for every false rumor propagated.
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by mightyhazel: 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2019
dlondonbadboy:

Jesus! Tufiakwa. Why would a zombie use the female symbol? Omeneka i bind you in jesus name...tufiakwa!
lol,but thats how dubious elements roll.. its called trademark
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by mechanics(m): 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
Imo state want to take over from Rivers State, the governor must wake up to his responsibilities.
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by Olawalesmarter(m): 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2019
I don't know what is really with South East and politics Assasination.
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by Lovemaester: 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2019
Runaway:
The rate of assassinations in this government shows how desperate they are in seeking power. This did not happen in GEJ time. The blood of these Nigerians will be on this government and their supporters....

am not sure u were alive gej era, it is clear Nigerians have short term memory for you to be typing rubbish, do you know hw many people were assassinated in abia, rivers, delta, ekiti, just shut up if you don't have better thing to post
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by Benosky1(m): 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2019
PresidentAtiku:
Atiku needs to start preparing his acceptance speech and forming his cabinet, there is no time to waste. We don't have the luxury of the 6 months these hardship merchants in power spent been confused

Atiku we know
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by Enimoney3: 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2019
Atiku will lose! By this time on Saturday Buhari would celebrate.
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by brownemmanuel43(m): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2019
PresidentAtiku:
bros ur blood dey damn hot ohhh
Re: Ifeanyi Ozoemena Is Dead! Gunmen Assassinate Imo State APC Chairman by akintunde63: 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2019
Akachukwuroland:

PDP in action! If vote PDP , u vote violence, strife and political killings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( / Labour Party Rejects Collation Of Results Of Presidential Election / Adorable Photo Of Former Pres. Jonathan's Grand Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.