Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ (34809 Views)

Atiku Insists That The Declaration Of Tinubu As President Illegal / Sanusi Knocks NNPC, Says Fuel Consumption Figures Unbelievable / 2023: There Is No Division In PDP, Atiku Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by femtex007(m): 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2019
TruthinAction:
I thought the sale is subject to two third vote from the Senate? Can he do it unilaterally? Pls educate me.
he will bribe them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by justtoodark: 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
femtex007:
he will bribe them

ofcourse....

bribe them with our own money the same way jonathan did....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by CioAngels(f): 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
Always selling, all the ones you people sold during your time with pa Iyabo, what has happened to them. Nigeria-Re was one of them, Jimoh Ibrahim ran to London after refusing to pay retiree he induced, ten year on. Very sure you are one of the people that bought PHCN that is giving the poor masses fictitious bills for no light/service. Killing the masses gradually. You have openly said you will favour your family and friends when you are voted in, yet we are campaigning for you, we should have a rethink. When you come in you will sell us to the French people for recolonisation. Politicians are not be trusted. As for pa Buhari, he is campaigning for the cabals that are ruling and not for himself.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 20, 2019
ManirBK:
Ask Atiku the gains of selling NITEL? If Atiku does not know, the sales of NITEL led to lost of job by many Nigerians. The sales also collapsed the utilization of landlines in Nigeria. It also saw the death of M-tel the GSM sector of NITEL. If not for the coming of private investors who invested their private funds to provide GSM telecommunication in Nigeria, before privatization of the telecom sector 2 years after. Nigeria today would be out of telecom, just as Trascop which bought NITEL has reduced it to just landed assets

Nitel was sold for the betterment of Nigeria and Nigerians. It is very painful that core telecom professionals have no time to educate Nigerians on the great benefit of selling Nitel. Nitel frustrated development and stagnated technological development . Nitel can only survived on Monopoly. As at 1998, it cost =N145,000 to get a Multilink CDMA line that works only in some part of Lagos. Intercellular CDMA line cost =N=125,000. It works in Lagos only. It takes a minimum of 4 weeks to get these lines after full payment. When Nitel was sold, these lines were sold on the street at 3K.

Nitel analogue mobile line 090 can only be purchased through 3rd party company. It cost more than =N=200K to have a Nitel 090 line in Lagos. Internet penetration was less than 1% in Nigeria. Nitel controls internet gateway. The explosion of technology has liberated Nigerians and created jobs in virtually every sector of Nigeria. With Nitel line, it has taken me one week to call PortHarcourt from Lagos. Each trial I got all trunk lines are busy.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by whatofyou: 7:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
The problem with N.N.P.C. is the same problem with our country. Does it mean that Atiku will also privatise Nigeria because She is not working? We should start practising HONESTOCRACY. If I were the president, all the privatised parastatals will be overturned. Honesty! It's even in our pledge. I will rather Buhari continues since both have proven and are proving to be the two sides to the the same coin.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Adetunji109: 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2019
Sell everything o, in fact sell Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by shugabasbn: 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2019
From reliable source those that sponsoring Atiku are those that want to buy our refinery and the same people that used Atiku to make Obj signed agreement blindly with Cameroon to ceded Bakasi peninsula to Cameroon and France is one of them. So don't be surprised if Atiku sell out the whole of ND area

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Darlenelove: 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2019
In honest, NNPC has remained the most corrupt government institution.

I was privileged to do my industrial training at NAPIMS, Ikoyi Lagos. I spent only 6 months but i can't finish to say what I saw with my eyes.

Our money is being embezzled morning, afternoon and night over there.

Every contract is hyped 10x. They do it without recourse for Nigeria.

Nigeria money is finished there. You won't understand the level of corruption I'm talking about until you spend just a week over there.

Selling it is the best option, because it will become a privately owned business and sanity will com in. It will be like a bank and you know how bank strict is and how every staffs behave.
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Turboking(m): 8:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
Androidking:
I dont know why people are lamentiy , from my understanding the refineries are not working, it's not as if he is selling something that is pumping money to country as before , even before the crude era Nigeria was doing fine , selling it or not doesn't change anything and it will not bring up high price of petrol as u think , privatizing assest doesn't mean that Government won't put mouth in to it when the prices gets too much ,

5 years ago fuel was 85 naira this year #145 , so what are u people blabbing about , ,,,,

My concern is for him to amend the constitution for Christ sake , when we have a democratic constitution , where by the president and governors won't have immunity protecting Dem any more ,

Another thing is the mind set of the individual , if Atiku can surely win with Vote without rigging or paying any one for it , trust me his first 4years will be better than Good luck Jonathan Era.

Check every record of governors who entered the seat via proper counting of votes , they do their best to please the people , if we don't vote and make him buy his votes ,he will not remember Nigerians but if we come out in Mass and Vote ,u will see true change .

Behind him is an intelligent Man Peter Obi , some one ,who understands what we are passing through someone who wants to make people happy ,

I strongly think this is evolution of Youth coming to power ,it's a gradual process ,but the worst thing u can do is voting Buhari again , I[img][/img] prefer having corruption than voting Buhari again
[b][/b] your mama gave birth to a ffffoooll

1 Like

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by supereagle(m): 8:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
Atiku should tell us what happened to the N7.5B failed Chochi Dam project which he brought the contractor & supervised the project. What happenedto the Jada Federal Government communication project awarded by Obasanjo under his supervision which N4.5 Billion went into a failed project.Tell Nigerians how you took a loan from Bank PHB in 1998 of N300 Million to run for Governorship of Adamawa, when you were controversiallydeclared the winner and after becoming the Vice President the bank cancelled the loan. We have documented evidence of this loan...When you took this loan Bamanga Tukur was one ofthe richest people in the North East with two shipping vessels on the high seas, but just after 8 years as VP you not only became the richest in Adamawa and one of the richest in Nigeria but you built 158 mansions in the country.And 42 Mosques in Christian dominated areas of Adamawa State the citing and construction of someof these mosques created several crisis killing thousands of people and dethroning a First Class king.As a show of good faith, sir, can you please explain to Nigerians how you... A retired Customs officer & VP, got the millions of Dollars, without a bank loan, you paid to the American University in Washington DC for a direct license to use the franchise of the university? We know that your estimated $25 million worth of University in Yola was not just because you were resourcefulSiemens of Germany wired $1.7M of bribe money ofNigerian Govt officials to the account of one of your wives in the US, Jennifer. The same Jennifer & University of America told US investigators that all wire transfers of over $40 million that both of them received from offshore companies..Thatthey did not know came from Atiku at a time you were Nigeria's Vice President.What is the source of the inexplicable reason for your increased wealth after 8years as VP? Accept my apologies sir, but can you explain to Nigerians the source of hundreds of multi-million Naira mansions? What of the $125m you diverted from the Petroleum Trust Development Fund (PTDF)? Can you please, sir; explain to Nigerians how you managed to command controlling shares in Bank PHB, controlling shares in Intel, and oil services companies operating in many African countries?Atiku, sir, your ambition, therefore, deserves to be killed now. It is time for you to retire from public life,disappear from Twitter, political screens, and sight somewhere far away Sir, when you drive around the hills and valleys of Adamawa Highland, are you not worried and ashamed about the difference between your fortunes and that of the poor masses you claim to represent?

©CHURCHILL OKONKWOVia @GbolahanOsoneye

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by shugabasbn: 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2019
That is why I like Atiku, sell it off and use to build private universities.
I was told that NUC just grant him request to build French international University where we will pay in Franc cef
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by papiwyte(m): 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
Atiku

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by ejimatic: 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
chilltoo:

I can tell u with facts, Atiku owns Eko Electricity Distribution company while Obasanjo owns Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company and the likes
selling Nigeria for their benefit..
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by greenguy: 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
You're sick man! You created a post and won't even allow other people comment. Filling the whole thread with your comment will not change the mind of people voting against Buhari.

ManirBK:
Do you know the new Yoruba name for ballot box? It is called "APOTI IKU" box of death,snatch and die ...one bullet pere!
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by vanthoffz(m): 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
Gforce2019:
Atiku the prodigal son...
First sell all your property and your family join....leave Nigeria property and inheritance alone...
Wetin u inherit..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by ejimatic: 8:16pm On Feb 20, 2019
chilltoo:

I can tell u with facts, Atiku owns Eko Electricity Distribution company while Obasanjo owns Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company and the likes
selling Nigeria for their benefit
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Buharimustgo16F: 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2019
Gforce2019:
Atiku the prodigal son...
First sell all your property and your family join....leave Nigeria property and inheritance alone...
Better than ur killer Mumusident Buhari in Aso Rock and ur full Family.....fool like u are the reason why Nigeria remain where they are today. Idiot from above
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by ganie(m): 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2019
chilltoo:

Little wonder a house with 5 rooms is billed 21k every month by EKEDC
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by eliash11: 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
ManirBK:
Ask Atiku the gains of selling NITEL? If Atiku does not know, the sales of NITEL led to lost of job by many Nigerians. The sales also collapsed the utilization of landlines in Nigeria. It also saw the death of M-tel the GSM sector of NITEL. If not for the coming of private investors who invested their private funds to provide GSM telecommunication in Nigeria, before privatization of the telecom sector 2 years after. Nigeria today would be out of telecom, just as Trascop which bought NITEL has reduced it to just landed assets
so you agree the sale of nitel brought about improvement on that sector
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Realist2: 8:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
ManirBK:
Do you know the new Yoruba name for ballot box? It is called "APOTI IKU" box of death,snatch and die ...one bullet pere!

Do you know that NNPC account has not been audited for over 20years,
Do you know that current NNPC is paying subsidy of 2.3 billion Naira everyday?
Do you know that NNPC is not operating treasury single account?
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by AllenSpencer: 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2019
ManirBK:

You are brilliant!
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Madas1986(m): 8:31pm On Feb 20, 2019
mycar:
What is there in nnpc to sell? The refineries are not working. So, what's the big deal, the longer the equipment remain there, the lesser their values become.
Anyways, I know that he will need the Senate approval, they know the best.
Am sure you are not from Nigeria is possible you ate from Mali to say Senate knows best
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by AllenSpencer: 8:31pm On Feb 20, 2019
chilltoo:

You sabi

All those discos are own by PDP members

Same with Nitel
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by SillyMods: 8:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
Millz404:
No sentiment.... At least he is not lying about 1naira = 1dollar

A 2 year old is smarter than you. If not, you wouldn’t believe that nonsense of 1 naira to 1 dollar without any proof of it being said by anyone.
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by erico2k2(m): 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2019
mycar:
What is there in nnpc to sell? The refineries are not working. So, what's the big deal, the longer the equipment remain there, the lesser their values become.
Anyways, I know that he will need the Senate approval, they know the best.
They are not working at full capacity, reasons the CABALS who are the importers are making sure the NNPC do not work. If sold the buyers must make a profit
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by erico2k2(m): 8:40pm On Feb 20, 2019
SillyMods:

A 2 year old is smarter than you. If not, you wouldn’t believe that nonsense of 1 naira to 1 dollar without any proof of it being said by anyone.
And the statement of BH finished in 6 months? or the Electricity problem was not rocket science?
Please stop making excuses for these good 4 nothing leaders in Nigeria!
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Gforce2019: 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2019
Buharimustgo16F:
Better than ur killer Mumusident Buhari in Aso Rock and ur full Family.....fool like u are the reason why Nigeria remain where they are today. Idiot from above

Your madness is beyond sedative injections....
So, corruption and looting is nothing to you...

Just keep watching your back because you are part of the Atiku thugs and scallywag that the military boiz will send to grave this Saturday ...
Looters and ballot box snatcher Crew
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Dino98: 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2019
Firefire:
Ok noted.

Th scammer also planned to sell. In fact everything

What people fail to realize is that selling is the best option.

Now NITEL sale might not have gone well but it is a lesson learnt.

Right now NNPC
1) is full of looters...whoever they they put in charge including the board steal and loot a huge portion of the revenue...

2) all the money put in there for revamping the refineries...they have been eating it. So the refineries are still the way they are.

3) under Mr INTEGRITY, How far?? Is the NNPC better??

Imagine we still can't refine enough crude for our population. Its embarrassing na

But if privatization is done right,

1) the government goes into agreement with the organization as to how much is paid into the federal account monthly...it becomes a fixed amount(depending on the price of crude)

2) now the private organization will work twice as hard to.make sure the refineries are at optimal performance, becos they have to make money for FG and themselves.

3) we can begin to produce enough products for our consumption...no longer importing....which in turn will reduce the price of petrol at d stations.

There are actually alot of benefits of privatization...if its done properly and genuinely.

The refineries are just wasting away and money just disappearing....but this way we get a fixed
Revenue, paid straight into the Federal account.

But again if it must be done, it has to be a genuine process...no hidden agenda

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by olatunji0607: 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2019
The only way he can recover what he has spent on campaign is by selling NNPC to himself and his friends. Why can't you sell it when you are VP
Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by Firefire(m): 8:42pm On Feb 20, 2019
Dino98:

What people fail to realize is that selling is the best option.

Now NITEL sale might not have gone well but it is a lesson learnt.

Right now NNPC
1) is full of looters...whoever they they put in charge including the board steal and loot a huge portion of the revenue...

2) all the money put in there for revamping the refineries...they have been eating it. So the refineries are still the way they are.

3) under Mr INTEGRITY, How far?? Is the NNPC better??

Imagine we still can't refine enough crude for our population. Its embarrassing na

But if privatization is done right,

1) the government goes into agreement with the organization as to how much is paid into the federal account monthly...it becomes a fixed amount(depending on the price of crude)

2) now the private organization will work twice as hard to.make sure the refineries are at optimal performance, becos they have to make money for FG and themselves.

3) we can begin to produce enough products for our consumption...no longer importing....which in turn will reduce the price of petrol at d stations.

There are actually alot of benefits of privatization...if its done properly and genuinely.

The refineries are just wasting away and money just disappearing....but this way we get a fixed
Revenue, paid straight into the Federal account.

But again if it must be done, it has to be a genuine process...no hidden agenda

Absolutely correct.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ by HabaHaba: 8:45pm On Feb 20, 2019
briefness:

How is it that some Nigerians cannot glaringly see that we can not afford to pay the bills of the crop of politicians in PDP? It just cannot be PDP. Who will NNPC be sold to? Atiku's friends? No wonder he made a lot of new friends including those that vowed not to forgive him. DPR, NPDC, NGC and all NNPC SBU's will be sold as well. If the owners of NNPC tells us that crude oil production is at 50,000 barrels for instance, that is what we get paid.

The build up to Election 2019 has shown that the elites control a section of the masses. They sway our emotions and influences greatly how we think. Even initiatives for the masses are regarded as vote buying. How could they have sold this to us so soon to have forgotten the past and we now want to atikulate? The elites sure understand us very well and knows the right buttons to press and at the right time. The very reason we are willing and ready to hand back the treasury to them and we are also doing that happily as well.

Well, Oga u forgot that Hunger can easily make a very intelligent man forget what he knew vividly so easily, therefore his SURVIVAL INSTINCTS takes over him.

Hunger is bad my brother.
Nigerians just want to eat first before any other English that well-fed people like speak.

#StomachInfrastructureCodeActivated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Attends Juma'at Prayer At The New Mosque In Dumurkul, Kastina(pics) / Atiku Heads To Supreme Court Over INEC Server / The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.