Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos (2718 Views)

IPOB: Ohanaeze Writes Tinubu, Pleads For Kanu’s Release / You Must Accept Defeat. PDP To Buhari. / APC Warri Rally: Buhari Has Foreseen His Defeat - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 20, 2019
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu called on Igbos to support the APC ahead of the elections

The APC chieftain expressed confidence that the APC was geared towards winning the elections
- Tinubu also called for peace and urged voters to shun violence
National leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Wednesday appealed to Igbos in Lagos State to vote the candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the February and March elections.
Tinubu made the appeal in Ikeja while addressing party faithful at a stakeholders meeting.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the meeting was called to perfect the party’s preparedness for the rescheduled elections on Feb. 23 and March 9 in the state.

The party leader said the APC government never discriminated against people from the South East and others in the state in the delivery of democratic dividends.
Tinubu said the state government had provided equal opportunities to all residents irrespective of whether they were from the state or elsewhere.
The party leader said that the APC government had provided the environment for the people of the South East to conduct their businesses and succeed in the state.
He said the party expected them to support its candidates at the polls for progress.
“We appeal to our Igbo brothers from the east, this is the state where you conduct your businesses, your children are in our schools, we don’t discriminate against them in our WAEC fees.
“We don’t discriminate against them for NECO fees. We don’t discriminate against them for JAMB fees. Even in our universities, they take the benefit of our tuition and allowances and all that.
“Now this time, we say, help us, we say vote for us and our candidates,” he said.
Tinubu said he had to intervene when the popular ASPAMDA market and other markets dominated by the Igbos were faced with threats of demolition.
The party leader said he took the step to save the markets to protect the interests of the traders who are mainly from the South East.
Tinubu said the party would be monitoring election results from Igbo-dominated areas like Amuwo-Odofin, Ojo, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, and Surulere in anticipation of votes for APC by the people of the South East in the state.
Recall that in the 2015 elections, the APC lost some legislative seats to the PDP in the areas mentioned, though some of the winners later defected to the APC.
On the Presidential and National Assembly elections on Saturday, the party leader said he was confident that the APC would emerge victorious.
He said it was not possible for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to defeat APC as they do not have the strength of the ruling party in all parts of the country.
Tinubu urged party members to work hard to make the victory a resounding one for the party on Saturday.
“We will beat PDP on Saturday. They don’t have our strength in the North West, in the South West and even in the Middle Belt. So how do they want to win? We will beat them.
“But I urge you our dear party members, you need to make the victory a resounding one. You must work hard and mobilise everyone to vote for our candidates,” he said.
He urged members, particularly women, to embark on door-to-door campaigns in their neighbourhoods to canvass votes for the party.
Tinubu warned members against violence but urged them to protect their votes to ensure victory.
On the rescheduled polls, he said the party had put the disappointment behind it and was working hard to record victory on Saturday.
He said the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had the backing of law to reschedule elections if the need arises.
Tinubu said the party hoped that the rescheduled elections would be conducted successfully.
“INEC has the rule and the law on their side. They have postponed the elections; we believe anybody can run into crisis.
“When a plane gets into turbulence, sometimes the passengers shake, the plane shakes and the pilots shake.
“They eventually steady the plane. The prayer is that they should land safely and happily. We pray that INEC will land safely with the elections and APC will win,” he said.
Tinubu urged Nigerians to turn out en masse to vote President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday for the continued progress of the country.
NAN reports that prominent personalities at the meeting include Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode, his deputy, Dr Idiat Adebule, APC governorship candidate, Mr Babajide Sanwoolu and his running mate, Dr Obafemi Hamzat, and the APC chairman in the state, Alhaji Tunde Balogun.
The South West Woman Leader, Mrs Kemi Nelson and the state Woman Leader, Mrs Jumoke Okoya-Thomas were also among hundreds of party faithful at the meeting.

https://www.legit.ng/1223209-3-days-election-tinubu-sends-important-message-igbos.html?fbclid=IwAR02FJdZhYfZxlTJBAWsyz8kpkKjICRcErr5tTvjawnW1aJzncqnZS9fdoA
Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by dokie: 9:00pm On Feb 20, 2019
You must be joking.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by MagGuy: 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2019
The Drug BaRON must be joking grin grin grin

The Okoros like you referred to them, would be doing the exact opposite

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Jayslicky: 9:06pm On Feb 20, 2019
I thought they said igbos are irrevelant in the election, it's suprising seeing the leader of the west pleading but he should not disturb himself because the intelligent igbos will never vote for a dullard as president.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by OBoy50: 9:08pm On Feb 20, 2019
Awon okoros grin

4 Likes

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 20, 2019
Tinubu the jagaban we have heard.

We will humbly reply u by Saturday.

Thank u.

16 Likes

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by globemoney: 9:10pm On Feb 20, 2019
Sanwolu looks like a decent guy, I would vote for him if I was in Lagos... He's far better than the fat tribalist called Ambode who has been chased back to his native ondo state

2 Likes

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by slivertongue: 9:10pm On Feb 20, 2019
impossible

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2019
grin nothing can stop Igbo 15 million votes for obi their son

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Tinubu the jagaban we have heard.

We will humbly reply u by Saturday.

Thank u.
grin I tried campaigning to igbos in my area to vote Atiku, they said it was them that suppose to be begging the Benins to support them.

That since 1960, this is their first chance

6 Likes

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by magoo10(m): 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
Impossible tinubu must be high on osogbo weed.

Unfortunately the igbos will deal buhari the final blow that will send him back to daura.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by BuhariAdvocate: 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
Fake news besides Igbo's are Nigerians also not every Igbo gonna vote criminal.
Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by puzzlegate(m): 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
why will a normal Igbo man vote buhari ? just tell me why .

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
You're mad , Jagaban

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by kernel001: 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
The sons of fallen demons, where art thou? Two-faced clan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Isobug: 9:14pm On Feb 20, 2019
We don't discriminate them for WAEC.
We don't discriminate them for NECO.

What rubbish is that. Who told you Ibos don't have money for their wards examination registeration

I pity the poor hungry and lazy igbos that were the present. Igbos are know for fighting for their own not relying on one rubbish free WAEC and NECO

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by kernel001: 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

So... We should vote a demented fellow?
No!

We don't want a being that prefer Cow to Human beings.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
I so much like igbos because of their cooperation, I swear this election will surprise many people.

Tinubu knows his tribesmen can't be trusted and will never give bloc votes because of their dividness

No wonder buhari is busy begging igbos up and down. It too late

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Slynation(m): 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2019
Hmmm.... This is critically critical We the Igbos are allergic to poverty biko....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2019
puzzlegate:
why will a normal Igbo man vote buhari ? just tell me why .
just ask any APC supporters why someone from south south should vote buhari, they can't give you a single reason

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by BuhariAdvocate: 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2019
shocked who's demented? Oponu
kernel001:

So... We should vote a demented fellow?
No!

We don't want a being that prefer Cow to Human beings.
Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Viergeachar: 9:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
globemoney:
Sanwolu looks like a decent guy, I would vote for him if I was in Lagos... He's far better than the fat tribalist called Ambode who has been chased back to his native ondo state

Ambode was even less ruthless than Fashola who deported Igbos twice.

I hope Sanwo Olu won't be like Ambode. He won't!

And no area in Lagos is Igbo dominated. Otherwise, let APGA candidates win elections in those areas.

Nonsense!!
Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
Excaperx:
grin I tried campaigning to igbos in my area to vote Atiku, they said it was them that suppose to be begging the Benins to support them.

That since 1960, this is their first chance

Smilling......

That's true....we are pleading on th great Benin empire not to let us down......

One good turn deserves another......

We can do it.....

2 Likes

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Slynation(m): 9:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
And we ain't gonna vote a man that will cut off our neck...
Beside this is more of blackmail than pleading for votes

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Richardonald(m): 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2019
u mean we 5% people., to vote for buhari again the thunder wey go fire you still dey play bet9ja.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2019
Excaperx:
I so much like igbos because of their cooperation, I swear this election will surprise many people.

Tinubu knows his tribesmen can't be trusted and will never give bloc votes because of their dividness

No wonder buhari is busy begging igbos up and down. It too late

Remain bless.

Affliction shall not arise the second time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by ManirBK: 9:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
I am warning you don't snatch ballot box, if you snatch it you deserve Cutlass because you are thief!
Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by APCsupporter: 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2019
Tinubu i am disappointed in this statement. Let them give atiku 100%. We don't need their votes

1 Like

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by kernel001: 9:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
shocked who's demented? Oponu

The terrorist is demented, I didn't mean to slight you.

3 Likes

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by globemoney: 9:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
Viergeachar:

Ambode was even less ruthless than Fashola who deported Igbos twice.

I hope Sanwo Olu won't be like Ambode. He won't!

And no area in Lagos is Igbo dominated. Otherwise, let APGA candidates win elections in those areas.

Nonsense!!
Imagine arguing about Lagos with someone from Osun.. Go and ask your governor to pay your parents first

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Viergeachar: 9:34pm On Feb 20, 2019
globemoney:

Imagine arguing about Lagos with someone from Osun.. Go and ask your governor to pay your parents first

Olodo!

I am not from Osun and I don't stay in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Election 2019: Help Us To Defeat PDP - Tinubu Pleads With Igbos by Racoon(m): 9:35pm On Feb 20, 2019
shocked grin grin grin cheesy So the hour of decision have come and the "awon Okoros" cum "5%ters" are now invaluable right?

Meanwhile NL mummified zombies have masturbated themselves to stupor over this same contribution of my
umunne'm to the political equation of Lagos/Nigeria. Meanwhile, ka ara gbagbue gi there.Ano ofia.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Wins Sokoto, Defeats PDP With 138,729 Votes / Dele Momodu Poses With A Lion Inside Zoo In Mauritius / Fela Kuti,Sowore And Nnamdi Kanu Only Nigerians Brave To Confront Buhari Tyranny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.