Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant (12028 Views)

Ibeto Cement Firm Set For Listing In US Stock Market / Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal / Dangote Considers Bid For South African Cement Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 21, 2019
Caseless:
importers of generator like Atiku who brings most of the mikano generator won't help us to achieve power independence.
Do you have prove for this assertion?
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by blackgold2018(m): 7:52am On Feb 21, 2019
michlins:
Please how do they recoup their investment in the power sector. Since they would be supplying to the national grid
Its for their own personal use for operations and not for the national grid. Read again.. if you still don't understand the article nor my comment. Ask me to break the article down for you.
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by Ak47young(m): 7:52am On Feb 21, 2019
Humblega:
#11b power plant.......

Meanwhile some of our yeye politicians have thrown multiple of such into bin in the name of campaign funds and voters mobilization.....

This is Nigeria, where politics is a business

Did you read this, Ashaka cement are building their private power plant, what's baba's own again. You have no idea how bad Nepa is and the constant power outage we get there (Serving in the company)
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by Sirjamo: 7:53am On Feb 21, 2019
While Obasanjo and his miserable PDP built 0MW with $16 billion
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by mastasam(m): 7:58am On Feb 21, 2019
#44 billion only
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by blackgold2018(m): 7:58am On Feb 21, 2019
Caseless:
cool

The good policies of this administration are creating good grounds for investors.

My only problem is that, you'll generate electricity, send it to national grid before the locals can use it. 16 MW of power can take care of Gombe.

Sai Baba
If you don't understand the article just shut up.
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by princefunmmy(m): 8:06am On Feb 21, 2019
what kind of power plant will cost 11billion for I just 16MW that's too too expensive.. what!! I gas power plant will cost less than a billion and will generate Luke 45 MW like the ones at Dangote factory in Obajana... 11Billion Nooo!! too expensive
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by michlins(m): 8:08am On Feb 21, 2019
It's not my fault you can't understand a thing
blackgold2018:
Its for their own personal use for operations and not for the national grid. Read again.. if you still don't understand the article nor my comment. Ask me to break the article down for you.
So, we are helping to remove ourselves from the demand for energy, and providing our own solution, which means a minimum of 16 megawatts of electricity, will now become available to the public grid for the people in the region to enjoy from.

1 Like

Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by michlins(m): 8:09am On Feb 21, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

they are pulling out from the grid, meaning you have more electricity to use. PHCN looses a paying customer.
they said something about supplying to the national grid

1 Like

Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by blackgold2018(m): 8:10am On Feb 21, 2019
michlins:
It's not my fault you can't understand a thing[b]So, we are helping to remove ourselves from the demand for energy, and providing our own solution, which means a minimum of 16 megawatts of electricity, will now become available to the public grid for the people in the region to enjoy from.[/b]
Very good.. now you have understood the article.
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:10am On Feb 21, 2019
michlins:
they said something about supplying to the national grid

I saw it too. Very confusing.

Modified: the will not be supplying, but leaving the grid

. He said the power plant, would not only release additional megawatts to the national grid,

1 Like

Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 21, 2019
Cybertext:
Yea I'm at Ashaka and I can attest to the fact that the coal power plant is at 80% completion....
Though the firm and it's neighbouring community enjoys at least 23hrs power daily as of now from PHCN.
how much do they pay for the light
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by michlins(m): 8:12am On Feb 21, 2019
blackgold2018:
mumu. They are supplying to the national grid. You said it's for personal use. I don't know why you dumb people full nairaland
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by blackgold2018(m): 8:14am On Feb 21, 2019
Ak47young:

Did you read this, Ashaka cement are building their private power plant, what's baba's own again. You have no idea how bad Nepa is and the constant power outage we get there (Serving in the company)
I served at Dangote Cement Plant 2017. How many production lines ashaka have? N please break down for me hw they run their Corpers service program?
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by bongolistik(m): 8:19am On Feb 21, 2019
blackgold2018:
You are telling people to shut up if they don't understand the article but to be honest it seems you are the one that is completely lost on the article.. So explain this " He said the power plant, would not only release additional megawatts to the national grid..."
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by Parada: 8:20am On Feb 21, 2019
How muchin dollars did PDP throw into bush
Humblega:
#11b power plant.......

Meanwhile some of our yeye politicians have thrown multiple of such into bin in the name of campaign funds and voters mobilization.....

This is Nigeria, where politics is a business

Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by blackgold2018(m): 8:25am On Feb 21, 2019
michlins:
mumu. They are supplying to the national grid. You said it's for personal use. I don't know why you dumb people full nairaland
Fool. The power plant it's only for their cement plant operations.(personal use). Thereby saving d national grid 16megawatts energy.
Now listen who told you the power saved will surely be distributed or given out to the communities. This is Nigeria bro. While I served in Dangote Cement Plant Obajana.. the company have their own power plant already.
Either NEPA or Dangote power plant gives the community light. Obajana is in total darkness regardless of the power plant in their land.
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by bugsy80(m): 8:32am On Feb 21, 2019
princefunmmy:
what kind of power plant will cost 11billion for I just 16MW that's too too expensive.. what!! I gas power plant will cost less than a billion and will generate Luke 45 MW like the ones at Dangote factory in Obajana... 11Billion Nooo!! too expensive
cost to produce 1MW of power internationally is between $1-$5million depending on source needed to power it. so between $16million to $80 million is world accepted costing. convert that to naira using CBN or parallel rate.
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by Cybertext(m): 9:01am On Feb 21, 2019
krattoss:
how much do they pay for the light

It's an industrial line and charges are been paid based on negotiated rates.
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by slimfit1(m): 9:37am On Feb 21, 2019
9japrof:
Well fingers crossed... Nigeria went down so bad, that we celebrate 16 MW, an amount that's not even enough for a section of Lagos..

Naija finally finally cast, if you see legit way, jakpa commot for here

It's better than nothing at all.
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by slimfit1(m): 9:41am On Feb 21, 2019
Whichever way they go it will reduce the pressure on national grid.
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by jomoh: 9:49am On Feb 21, 2019
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by berbs: 10:05am On Feb 21, 2019
jesmond3945:
16 mw for 11 billion? Hmmm

You sef tire for the matter!!! grin
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by berbs: 10:09am On Feb 21, 2019
Rgade:

N28.8trillion .

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by yaki84: 10:30am On Feb 21, 2019
Pamtoye:
Ok... Guys... Let's do simple mathematics... If for a private firm.. a 16mw power plant costs #11b and it is projected that Nigeria needs over 50,000mw in order 2 have stable electricity... Nigeria currently generates 7,500mw...
So in short... Nigeria still needs 2 generate over 42,000 mw in order 2 have stable electricity
Now d questions
1)In a simply explained mathematical solution... Calculate how much Nigeria needs 2 invest in d power sector in order to have stable electricity supply (consider d fact that it's a government project.. Therefore tends to cost more than when carried out by a private firm)
N. B... (10 minutes examination) smiley smiley wink
nigeria needs mor than 30trillion naira to build power plants that will generate 42000mw power.
this is based on the 16mw at 11billion nairA
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by Caseless: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2019
asuustrike1:

Do you have prove for this assertion?
it's a known fact.
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by Caseless: 10:46am On Feb 21, 2019
kunmiiii:

Caseless, I know bro...we don talk am tire, and that's the same person some people are clamoring for. angry

Your truth will now be misconstrued as campaigning against the thieves that has held us back from tangible and meaningful development as a nation.
Don't mind them. Let them say what they like. That's the fact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 21, 2019
Caseless:
it's a known fact.
It is not a known fact. It is mere speculations that hasn't be proven
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by Buffalowings3(m): 11:31am On Feb 21, 2019
Mrbigman1:
Na this Kind good news Person need to dey read about nija at least once in 6 months not nonsense all year round.
I tell you..
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by terryflexy: 12:09pm On Feb 21, 2019
We need actions like this from major companies
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by yemi15(m): 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2019
ritababe:
Whatever happened to mambilla power plant?

Contract overinflated as usual, white elephant project, Lifeless FC looking for more loans to plunge Nigerians and her future generations into debt and poverty smh.
Re: Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant by yemi15(m): 12:41pm On Feb 21, 2019
Pamtoye:
Ok... Guys... Let's do simple mathematics... If for a private firm.. a 16mw power plant costs #11b and it is projected that Nigeria needs over 50,000mw in order 2 have stable electricity... Nigeria currently generates 7,500mw...
So in short... Nigeria still needs 2 generate over 42,000 mw in order 2 have stable electricity
Now d questions
1)In a simply explained mathematical solution... Calculate how much Nigeria needs 2 invest in d power sector in order to have stable electricity supply (consider d fact that it's a government project.. Therefore tends to cost more than when carried out by a private firm)
N. B... (10 minutes examination) smiley smiley wink

42500 divided by 16 times 11billion = 29 219 billion naira = 29.219 trillion naira = approximately 30 trillion naira

You are welcome bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ten Banks Pay 143 Directors N7.6bn In 2015 / Access Loan For Personal/buisness / Harvard Business Article Praising Dangote's Oil Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.