Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Letter From Grandma - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Letter From Grandma (2377 Views)

Help...my Friend Grandma Love Mrcock..(pix Of Grand Ma) / Grandma In Bikini! / A Letter From Grandma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter From Grandma by InkedNerd(f): 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2010
This is my first post on this section of the forum and I know this is long, so please bare with me  embarassed
This a joke I saw online years ago when I was about 12 or 13 yrs old

Letter from Grandma:

The other day I went up to a local Christian bookstore and saw a honk if you love Jesus bumper sticker.
I was feeling particularly sassy that day because I had just come from a thrilling choir performance, followed by a thunderous prayer meeting, so I bought the sticker and put in on my bumper. I was stopped at a red light at a busy intersection, just lost in thought about the Lord and how good He is and I didn't notice that the light had changed. It is a good thing someone else loves Jesus because if he hadn't honked, I'd never have noticed. I found that LOTS of people love Jesus. Why, while I was sitting there, the guy behind started honking like crazy, and when he leaned out of his window and screamed, "for the love of God, GO! GO!" What an exuberant cheerleader he was for Jesus. Everyone started honking! I just leaned out of my window and started waving and smiling at all these loving people. I even honked my horn a few times to share in the love. There must have been a man from Florida back there because I heard him yelling something about a sunny beach, I saw another guy waving in a funny way with only his middle finger stuck up in the air. When I asked my teenage grandson in the back seat what that meant, he said that it was probably a Hawaiian good luck sign or something. Well, I've never met anyone from Hawaii, so I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign back. My grandson burst out laughing, why even he was enjoying this religious experience. A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they got out of their cars and started walking towards me. I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended, but this is when I noticed the light had changed. So, I waved to all my sisters and brothers grinning, and drove on through the intersection.
I noticed I was the only car that got through the intersection before the light changed again and I felt kind of sad that I had to leave them after all the love we had shared, so I slowed the car down, leaned out of the window and gave them all the Hawaiian good luck sign one last time as I drove away.
Praise the Lord for such wonderful folks!
Re: Letter From Grandma by blacksta(m): 2:43pm On Aug 26, 2010
grin

Welcome
Re: Letter From Grandma by InkedNerd(f): 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2010
Thanks. I finally took a look at some of the stuff in the section. Seems a lot calmer than the romance section.
Re: Letter From Grandma by blacksta(m): 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Thanks. I finally took a look at some of the stuff in the section. Seems a lot calmer than the romance section.

Like we discussed - Hopefully u will be able to keep up with the demand for more jokes grin
Re: Letter From Grandma by ElementG(m): 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2010
@ poster
now dat really made me laugh, nice one grin grin grin
Re: Letter From Grandma by InkedNerd(f): 2:58pm On Aug 26, 2010
blacksta:

Like we discussed - Hopefully u will be able to keep up with the demand for more jokes grin

I hope so too smiley

Element G:

@ poster
now dat really made me laugh, nice one grin grin grin
Thanks  grin
Re: Letter From Grandma by sledge406: 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Calmer

Anyway, wetin una dey find for romance section wen nor even dey romantic. Only complains upon complains dat happen to make NL homepage angry
Re: Letter From Grandma by skyndyp(f): 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2010
Nice one Inked. So blackie u've been following and discussing with her? U are so dead angry
Re: Letter From Grandma by InkedNerd(f): 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2010
skyndyp:

Nice one Inked. So blackie u've been following and discussing with her? U are so dead angry

Thanks. lol, he was just encouraging me to come check it out grin

sledge406:

Calmer

Anyway, wetin una dey find for romance section wen nor even dey romantic. Only complains upon complains dat happen to make NL homepage  angry

Yes, calmer. Aside from the ladies and gents disagreeing about stuff on the female bashing thread, I didn't seen anything wrong. What I was trying to say is it seems friendlier than the romance section  grin
Re: Letter From Grandma by blacksta(m): 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2010
skyndyp:

baby - I just tell am say make she post joke - nothin more nuthing less. Ask am whether i am toast -

nuthin dey between me and Inked

Oya Inked - please talk now - I toast u before?

grin grin
Re: Letter From Grandma by skyndyp(f): 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2010
Begone from me now or i'll be forced to give you the Hawaiin good luck sign angry
Re: Letter From Grandma by InkedNerd(f): 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2010
blacksta:

baby  - I just tell am say make she post joke  - nothin more nuthing less.  Ask am whether i am toast  -

nuthin dey between me and Inked

Oya Inked  - please talk now  - I toast u before?

grin grin

Nope, he no dey toast me lipsrsealed grin

skyndyp:

Begone from me now or i'll be forced to give you the Hawaiin good luck sign angry

Hehehe
Re: Letter From Grandma by StudioCFR(m): 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2010
Why una dey turn jokes section to toasting section?

Una dey dull me abeg.

Dating and meetup zone dey dia yet una carry una shamelesness come here dey make everywhere dull for us.

Where una sense of humour dey sef? Under slippon?
Re: Letter From Grandma by blacksta(m): 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2010
Studio CFR:

Why una dey turn jokes section to toasting section?

Una dey dull me abeg.

Dating and meetup zone dey dia yet una carry una shamelesness come here dey make everywhere dull for us.

Where una sense of humour dey sef? Under slippon?

Haba what a shame - Post Joke or sharrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp dia
Re: Letter From Grandma by jokingmary(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2010
Nice joke poster wink
Re: Letter From Grandma by StudioCFR(m): 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2010
Ode oshi ni'e walahi.
Re: Letter From Grandma by Vic2k3(m): 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2010
Poster welcome 2 da jokes or rather yokes section. I love ur joke. About ur comment about this section been calm is becos we don't hve the crazy lots of 190,omolola,mr. Cork,dobodobo and the rest (and we don't need them) . But i fink u're going to rethink about ur earlier statement when the wee hours reach. All the same welcome moreover i prefer this inkerd 2 crazy romance sec inkerd(no offence meant)
Re: Letter From Grandma by blacksta(m): 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2010
Studio CFR:

Ode oshi ni'e walahi.

back to sender x 100 grin
Re: Letter From Grandma by Vic2k3(m): 4:13pm On Aug 26, 2010
Wait wait wait. 2 fighting. Where dat my Mr, Do good
Re: Letter From Grandma by StudioCFR(m): 4:16pm On Aug 26, 2010
I don sho*ve am down his throat
Re: Letter From Grandma by InkedNerd(f): 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2010
Vic2k3:

Poster welcome 2 da jokes or rather yokes section. I love your joke. About your comment about this section been calm is becos we don't hve the crazy lots of 190,omolola,mr. Cork,dobodobo and the rest (and we don't need them) . But i fink u're going to rethink about your earlier statement when the wee hours reach. All the same welcome moreover i prefer this inkerd 2 crazy romance sec inkerd(no offence meant)

Thanks, I guess undecided. You think I'm crazy?

jokingmary:

Nice joke poster wink

Thanks grin
Re: Letter From Grandma by Vic2k3(m): 4:59pm On Aug 26, 2010
Erm i jxt said i meant no offence. To put a kybosh 2 the ur impending anger or rather brewing anger u look beautiful. I hope that calms the storm.
Re: Letter From Grandma by InkedNerd(f): 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2010
lol, there was no impending or brewing anger but thanks for the compliment  wink
Re: Letter From Grandma by blacksta(m): 5:41pm On Aug 26, 2010
@Inked

I am happy u dey enjoy yourself grin
Re: Letter From Grandma by Vic2k3(m): 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2010
Smh. number 1 spoilsport don show
Re: Letter From Grandma by blacksta(m): 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2010
Vic2k3:

your loss bro - ol boy bridge don close na dead end -lol
Re: Letter From Grandma by Vic2k3(m): 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2010
inked na true?
Re: Letter From Grandma by InkedNerd(f): 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2010
blacksta:

@Inked

I am happy u dey enjoy yourself   grin

Thanks. I'll be posting here more often.

Vic2k3:

lol

Vic2k3:

inked na true?

Is what true?
Re: Letter From Grandma by Vic2k3(m): 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2010
What my friend blackie jxt said
Re: Letter From Grandma by InkedNerd(f): 5:57pm On Aug 26, 2010
Hmmm, what did he say? Didn't quite understand.
Re: Letter From Grandma by Vic2k3(m): 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2010
Neva mind dats irrelevant now. So whatsup with the romance sec?
Re: Letter From Grandma by InkedNerd(f): 6:12pm On Aug 26, 2010
Tons of arguing and infidelity. Its like watching a soap opera lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Vex Anytime When. . . / Balls Are Made To Be Kicked (hilarious Pix) / Funny Caption Of Yoruba Boys. (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.