Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Are Gaming Laptops Generally Better Than Regular Laptops? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Are Gaming Laptops Generally Better Than Regular Laptops? (993 Views)

Why Is A 128GB SSD Better Than A 1TB Hard Disk? / What Are The Advantages Of Using A Chromebook Over A Regular Laptop? / Is Your Desktop Screen Better Than Mine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Gaming Laptops Generally Better Than Regular Laptops? by CapedBaldy: 2:45pm On Feb 21, 2019
are gaming laptops better than regular laptops since they are able to run very heavy games and programmes can't. Also would it then be ideal for one to put for gaming laptops instead of regular laptops?
Re: Are Gaming Laptops Generally Better Than Regular Laptops? by Dami12345: 2:54pm On Feb 21, 2019
Yes far better.
Better yet you could customize it to how you want.

1 Like

Re: Are Gaming Laptops Generally Better Than Regular Laptops? by naijasensei: 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2019
CapedBaldy:
are gaming laptops better than regular laptops since they are able to run very heavy games and programmes can't. Also would it then be ideal for one to put for gaming laptops instead of regular laptops?

It depends on what you want. Note that gaming laptops are generally bigger, run hotter, are noisier, and are generally more expensive than regular laptops. If you are not into gaming, or video editing; you might be better off with a regular laptop or an ultraportable (for extended battery usage, and portability).

1 Like

Re: Are Gaming Laptops Generally Better Than Regular Laptops? by MASTERMIND04(m): 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2019
naijasensei:

It depends on what you want. Note that gaming laptops are generally bigger, run hotter, are noisier, and are generally more expensive than regular laptops. If you are not into gaming, or video editing; you might be better off with a regular laptop or an ultraportable (for extended battery usage, and portability).
Please can I use a laptop with 1gb Nvidia dedicated for Video editing?
If no, please which spec is best for Vidoe Editing?
Can I get a good laptop for video editing for like 100-120k?
Thanks
Re: Are Gaming Laptops Generally Better Than Regular Laptops? by Patrick33(m): 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2019
MASTERMIND04:

Thanks
Yes..if you look in the section you'll see a Hp star wars with nvidia Geforce going for bout 140..The Geforce is suitable for Designs and editing..not as powerful as the GTx but cheaper and it'll mostly get the job done.
Re: Are Gaming Laptops Generally Better Than Regular Laptops? by MASTERMIND04(m): 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2019
Patrick33:
Yes..if you look in the section you'll see a Hp star wars with nvidia Geforce going for bout 140..The Geforce is suitable for Designs and editing..not as powerful as the GTx but cheaper and it'll mostly get the job done.
OK
Thanks boss
Re: Are Gaming Laptops Generally Better Than Regular Laptops? by naijasensei: 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2019
MASTERMIND04:

Thanks

Yes, you can use a laptop with 1GB dedicated Video RAM for video editing.
You can get a good laptop for video editing in the 100k - 120k price range. If you can, go for a third generation or later core i series CPU (core i5, core i7, or core i3 if you are cash strapped), with 4GB RAM minimum and you should be good to go.
Re: Are Gaming Laptops Generally Better Than Regular Laptops? by MASTERMIND04(m): 8:20pm On Mar 02, 2019
naijasensei:

Yes, you can use a laptop with 1GB dedicated Video RAM for video editing.
You can get a good laptop for video editing in the 100k - 120k price range. If you can, go for a third generation or later core i series CPU (core i5, core i7, or core i3 if you are cash strapped), with 4GB RAM minimum and you should be good to go.
Thanks a million bro.
I really appreciate it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Suggest An ISP With Good Fibre Optic Service / Brand New Msi Nvidia Geforce Gtx1050ti For Quick Sale / Dell Latitude E7270 Ultrabook, Core I7, 256GB/8GB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.