Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:55 AM

[special Report] Election Deferral: Lagos Residents Lament Loss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [special Report] Election Deferral: Lagos Residents Lament Loss (184 Views)

Rivers PDP Faults EU Report: Election Went Well, Wike Allowed Level Playing Grou / INEC and NCC releases Hotlines to report Election matters / Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[special Report] Election Deferral: Lagos Residents Lament Loss by splendid22(m): 4:17pm On Feb 21, 2019
Many Nigerians were shocked last Saturday when they woke up to the news that the general elections had been postponed.
TheNewGuru recalls that the Independent National Electoral in the early hours of the day when the presidential, Senate and House of Representatives membership elections were to hold, announced the postponement of the exercise by one week – a postponement from February 16 to February 23.

An array of Lagos residents told TheNewsGuru on Wednesday that the election postponement had destabilised them because it has clashed with their earlier schedules and made them lose money.

A photographer and digital media expert, Odunola Abayomi said she was supposed to have a couple of photo shoots, but the botched election has affected the shoots, adding that it has also affected her income.
“I was supposed to have a couple of photo shoots on the 26th of February but had to postpone some to the next Saturday because of the election. Now with the election postponement, those photo shoots will be affected; it has inadvertently affected my anticipated financial gains for these couple of weeks. We hope and pray that there won’t be a reoccurrence”.

Lamenting also, Mr Wale Sarumi, a sound engineer said it affected him immensely. He added that he was supposed to render his service at a wedding ceremony but the unexpected postponement affected his pay.
“It affected me because I was meant to render my service at a wedding ceremony. I had already budgeted how I intended to spend the money. We were also meant to have a job on the 23rd of February now the election postponement has affected it. It has also affected a loan I am meant to pay. It’s a sad situation”, he told TheNewsGuru.

https://www.thenewsguru.com/news/nigeria-news/article/special-report-election-deferral-lagos-residents-lament-loss/

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Urges Nigerians To "Go Out And Vote" / Chris Sylva Foundation Has Started Its Philanthropy / OFFICIAL: Ekiti Gone To Buhari :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.