Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:16 AM

Falae Formally Resigns As SDP Chair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falae Formally Resigns As SDP Chair (322 Views)

PDP's Control Shaky, As SDP Set To Create Upset In Bayelsa, Rivers And Delta / Olu Falae Resigns As SDP Chairman, Quits Politics / Just In: Court Declares Donald Duke As SDP Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falae Formally Resigns As SDP Chair by JosEast(m): 8:34pm On Feb 21, 2019
Chief Olu Falae has formally resigned as the National Chairman of the Social Democratic Party (SDP).

In a letter dated February 19, 2019 and addressed to the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Mahmood Yakubu, the former Secretary to the Government of Federation (SGF) said Prof. Tunde Adeniran would act as SDP national chairman for the rest of his tenure which expired in March, 2020.

The letter personally signed by Chief Falae read, “I write to inform you that I have retired voluntarily from active partisan politics with effect from Friday 8th February, 2019, and therefore ceased to be the Chairman of the Social Democratic Party from that date.

“In accordance with the provision of Section 13.2 (ii) of our Party constitution, Professor Tunde Adeniran, the Deputy National Chairman 1 from the Chairman’s Zone assumes the post of National Chairman in acting capacity for the rest of my tenure which expires in March, 2020.

“I wish to thank you, your fellow commissioners and other staff for the courtesies you always extended to me while I served as the National Chairman of the Social Democratic Party.”

On Wednesday, the SDP national leadership threatened to press criminal charges against Prof. Jerry Gana and the expelled factional National Chairman of the party, Chief Supo Shonibare.

The SDP Director of Media and Publicity, Hon. Yemi Akinbode, gave the warning to sue the two key political figures in a statement issued shortly after the media briefing by Chief Shonibare where he asked the electorate to come out en masse on Saturday and vote out the APC government contrary to the position of Prof.Tunde Adeniran-led party leadership that backed President Muhammadu Buhari.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/falae-formally-resigns-as-sdp-chair.html
Re: Falae Formally Resigns As SDP Chair by yomi961: 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2019
That baba should go and rest, he has tried,
He should get ready to atikulate, in other to get Nigeria working again.
Watch zombies invade this thread to spill their hate all over
Re: Falae Formally Resigns As SDP Chair by Salvador1: 9:00pm On Feb 21, 2019
yomi961:
That baba should go and rest, he has tried,
He should get ready to atikulate, in other to get Nigeria working again.
Watch zombies invade this thread to spill their hate all over
he is already atikulating
Re: Falae Formally Resigns As SDP Chair by BuhariLooter(m): 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2019
WE ARE truly alarmed that any right-thinking, sane human being would actually want Buhari to continue to mis -govern Nigeria for another four years on the spurious claims that he has integrity and he is fighting corruption.
His deranged apologists have even peddled the insane point that he was sent by God to teach us how to live within our means.
Some have even gone to the ridiculous & preposterous extent to say since the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ruled for 16 years which they have tagged as “waste” years, the APC must also rule for 16 years, or even more, irrespective of whether the party has proved to be a complete and unmitigated failure or not.
Re: Falae Formally Resigns As SDP Chair by Aimwest(m): 9:18pm On Feb 21, 2019
Time for baba to rest

(1) (Reply)

Electoral Officials in Ekiti Are On Ground But Still Sorting Election Material / Share Photos Of The Election In Your Area / Presidential Candiate Atiku Abubakar,wife Vote In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.