Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Can You Dump A Professional Course To Venture Into Internet Marketing? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Dump A Professional Course To Venture Into Internet Marketing? (478 Views)

Professional Course In International Relations / Is Business Analysis A Good Course Or Career To Venture Into As A Post Graduate. / I Was Warned Not To Venture Into VTU Business- I Refused To Listen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Dump A Professional Course To Venture Into Internet Marketing? by Prolificdeman: 9:09pm On Feb 21, 2019
I am a student Architect who is more passionate about business but ended up in a discipline I have always struggled to pass some prerequisite courses.

So late last year, l was introduced into Mini Importation Business through a friend.

The business was moving quite well not till I committed a marketing blunder that sinked my profits.

Fast forward to late last year, I went for compulsory Student's Industrial training in a construction company. I managed some token to start afresh.

I have bought some couple of courses and went for training. And I think I can do better therein.

Just few weeks ago, I have been lackadaisical in going to Construction sites due my constant learning and practice with PC. I never knew my Boss has been observing.

Today,he invited me to his office and questioned me. I simply told me I currently learning Internet Marketing for the time being.

He laughed rigorously, on to tell me that I am wasting my time. I should better focus on my profession before I realized it's too late.

I quietly left his office with utter shame and dismay.
I am totally depressed and kept asking myself whether I have actually discovered myself or still confused?

Pls Matured folks who have been in similar condition should help with their suggestions...
Re: Can You Dump A Professional Course To Venture Into Internet Marketing? by dgbanj: 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
you can combine both of them.
Re: Can You Dump A Professional Course To Venture Into Internet Marketing? by hinere(m): 10:09pm On Feb 21, 2019
My brother. The world requires diversification. The Nigeria today has evolved. In Nigeria today, Professionals are diversifying. Some have dropped their professional certifications to venture into what will put food on their table.
Business is your passion. Follow your passion but also put effort and concentrate on your degree as well.
You can be learning and doing the internet marketing little by little while you study. Everything requires planning. When you finally graduate you can now venture out and follow your heart. I won't want you to loose on both ends.
Just don't listen to negative opinions of people and the sky would be your limit. Have a great night rest.
By the way, I also want to venture into internet marketing. If you have any info, kindly PM. Thanks
(Check my signature.)
Re: Can You Dump A Professional Course To Venture Into Internet Marketing? by Prolificdeman: 4:13am On Feb 22, 2019
hinere:
My brother. The world requires diversification. The Nigeria today has evolved. In Nigeria today, Professionals are diversifying. Some have dropped their professional certifications to venture into what will put food on their table.
Business is your passion. Follow your passion but also put effort and concentrate on your degree as well.
You can be learning and doing the internet marketing little by little while you study. Everything requires planning. When you finally graduate you can now venture out and follow your heart. I won't want you to loose on both ends.
Just don't listen to negative opinions of people and the sky would be your limit. Have a great night rest.
By the way, I also want to venture into internet marketing. If you have any info, kindly PM. Thanks
(Check my signature.)

Thanks brotherly.I PM you on WhatsApp.
Re: Can You Dump A Professional Course To Venture Into Internet Marketing? by Godmother(f): 8:17am On Feb 22, 2019
Your professor is partly right; internet marketing is not as easy as those training you for it make it out to seem. I know a guy that's been into it for 11 years and still struggles to make ends meet let alone feed his family.

My advice to you would be to suspend the internet marketing training for now. Stick to your professional course and finish it then you can pick up the IM training. That way, you can combine both and have multiple streams of income.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ten Ways People Will Hold You Back -- If You Let Them / Bet9ja Sure Game / Excel Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.