Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,105 members, 7,842,190 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Can Someone Explain The Nigeria Culture Of Leaving Dead Bodies Outside? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Someone Explain The Nigeria Culture Of Leaving Dead Bodies Outside? (580 Views)

42 Former Obiano's Appointees Die Within 2 Years Of Leaving Office / Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? / Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Explain The Nigeria Culture Of Leaving Dead Bodies Outside? by OruExpress: 10:14pm On Feb 21, 2019
Whenever someone dies in Nigeria everyone leaves the corpse outside, often uncovered and will either gather, take pictures or act like it isn't there on rare cases. There as an attack by Fulani herdsmen in Benue and the bodies were covered. I realized how rare a sight it was to see the bodies covered.

What's that about? I've spent most of my life outside of Nigeria so when I see this custom or behavior it's very strange. Sometimes the body will be there for days. In other environs, the bodies are rushed to a mortuary or hospital. I wonder how many have been fighting for their life and are on the verge of dying only to have people surround and watch them die instead of getting them to a hospital.
Re: Can Someone Explain The Nigeria Culture Of Leaving Dead Bodies Outside? by Arda1000(m): 10:22pm On Feb 21, 2019
OruExpress:
Whenever someone dies in Nigeria everyone leaves the corpse outside, often uncovered and will either gather, take pictures or act like it isn't there on rare cases. There as an attack by Fulani herdsmen in Benue and the bodies were covered. I realized how rare a sight it was to see the bodies covered.

What's that about? I've spent most of my life outside of Nigeria so when I see this custom or behavior it's very strange. Sometimes the body will be there for days. In other environs, the bodies are rushed to a mortuary or hospital. I wonder how many have been fighting for their life and are on the verge of dying only to have people surround and watch them die instead of getting them to a hospital.

for ur information they is nothing like Nigeria culture, if ur tribes leaves their deadbodies uncovered that does not mean my tribe does the same, Nigeria is not a tribe

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain The Nigeria Culture Of Leaving Dead Bodies Outside? by OruExpress: 12:52am On Feb 22, 2019
Arda1000:
for ur information they is nothing like Nigeria culture, if ur tribes leaves their deadbodies uncovered that does not mean my tribe does the same, Nigeria is not a tribe

Very true, but the behavior is everywhere.

(1) (Reply)

2019: Declare IGODOMIGODO Winner Now, Electorates Tells INEC / You Need To See Presidential Election Results So Far(live) / Imo Governorship Election: APC Candidate Hope Uzodinma Heads To Court.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.