Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,642 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Five Feared Dead As APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Feared Dead As APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Kano (607 Views)

Lagos APC Primaries; Supporters Clash As Tinubu Drops Money In Alausa. Photos / Osun Election: PDP Supporters Blame Omisore For Giving APC Advantage / Osun Election: PDP Supporters Celebrating At INEC Office In Osogbo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Feared Dead As APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Kano by smog2500: 6:22am On Feb 22, 2019
Five persons are feared to have lost their lives following a clash between supporters of
the All Progressives Congress and those of the Peoples Democratic Party in Kofa Village
of the Bebeji Local Government Area of the state on Thursday.
The PDP supporters who were said to be loyalists of a former governor of the state ,
Rabiu Kwankwaso took on their APC counterparts said to be loyalists of a former
chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Appropriations , Abdulmumin
Jibril, in the bloody clash which also left many injured and some houses burnt .
There were two separate accounts of what happened . One account said Jibril’ s supporters , who are
members of the ruling APC , were holding a prayer session for the peaceful conduct of Saturday ’ s presidential and National Assembly elections when the PDP supporters who were on their way from a rally attacked them. Jibril is a native of Kofa village .
Another account said supporters of the APC blocked the road where the PDP campaign train was passing
through and this resulted in a clash .
In the fight which ensued, five persons were said to have lost their lives while several
others were left with injuries .
An eyewitness , who spoke on condition of anonimity , said , “ The fight was bloody ,
several houses and vehicles were burnt . At least five dead bodies were taken away by
the police . ”
The Kano State Government said members of the PDP , specifically the Kwankwasiyya
group , should be held responsible for the clash .
A statement by the state Commissioner of Information , Youth and Culture , Mallam
Mohammed Garba , said , “ The Kwankwassiyya group has continued to brazenly attack
members and supporters of the All Progressive Congress .
“ The latest just happened on Thursday when they attacked our members during a
special prayer session for the peaceful conduct of the general elections , leaving some
party members dead and others with injuries . ”
However , the state Chairman of the PDP , Alhaji Rabiu Bichi , said , “ We went for a scheduled campaign but we were attacked by thugs . As we speak, we don ’ t know the whereabouts of one of our female members , Binta, whose vehicle was also burnt . ”
When contacted, the state Commissioner of Police , Mr Wakili Mohammed said , “ I have not been briefed. For now , I cannot tell you what I don ’ t know . ”

Re: Five Feared Dead As APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Kano by yerokunphilips: 6:24am On Feb 22, 2019
smog2500:
Five persons are feared to have lost their lives following a clash between supporters of
the All Progressives Congress and those of the Peoples Democratic Party in Kofa Village
of the Bebeji Local Government Area of the state on Thursday.
The PDP supporters who were said to be loyalists of a former governor of the state ,
Rabiu Kwankwaso took on their APC counterparts said to be loyalists of a former
chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Appropriations , Abdulmumin
Jibril, in the bloody clash which also left many injured and some houses burnt .
There were two separate accounts of what happened . One account said Jibril’ s supporters , who are
members of the ruling APC , were holding a prayer session for the peaceful conduct of Saturday ’ s presidential and National Assembly elections when the PDP supporters who were on their way from a rally attacked them. Jibril is a native of Kofa village .
Another account said supporters of the APC blocked the road where the PDP campaign train was passing
through and this resulted in a clash .
In the fight which ensued, five persons were said to have lost their lives while several
others were left with injuries .
An eyewitness , who spoke on condition of anonimity , said , “ The fight was bloody ,
several houses and vehicles were burnt . At least five dead bodies were taken away by
the police . ”
The Kano State Government said members of the PDP , specifically the Kwankwasiyya
group , should be held responsible for the clash .
A statement by the state Commissioner of Information , Youth and Culture , Mallam
Mohammed Garba , said , “ The Kwankwassiyya group has continued to brazenly attack
members and supporters of the All Progressive Congress .
“ The latest just happened on Thursday when they attacked our members during a
special prayer session for the peaceful conduct of the general elections , leaving some
party members dead and others with injuries . ”
However , the state Chairman of the PDP , Alhaji Rabiu Bichi , said , “ We went for a scheduled campaign but we were attacked by thugs . As we speak, we don ’ t know the whereabouts of one of our female members , Binta, whose vehicle was also burnt . ”
When contacted, the state Commissioner of Police , Mr Wakili Mohammed said , “ I have not been briefed. For now , I cannot tell you what I don ’ t know . ”
Re: Five Feared Dead As APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Kano by Deomovies: 6:29am On Feb 22, 2019
I do not know the gain of those people behind the fights. Just wasting lives. Meanwhile, you can get Latest and Top Rated hundreds of Movies and Series in HD quality into your External drives and PCs at affordable prices. Lagosians, please help a bro today by patronizing, that's the best gift for Movies Junkies.
Re: Five Feared Dead As APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Kano by braveboy64(m): 6:30am On Feb 22, 2019
What will they tell God?
Re: Five Feared Dead As APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Kano by Nackzy: 6:32am On Feb 22, 2019
Buhari order for shoot at sight jare
Re: Five Feared Dead As APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Kano by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 22, 2019
I thought they said Buhari owns kano and he would get 5 million votes as promised grandollar. If that's so true then why are they fighting? People predicting the outcome of elections on the social media are the real demons grin the outcome of tomorrow's election would shock many as it would put a seal on the mouth of all the gullible minds.
Re: Five Feared Dead As APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Kano by dollytino4real(f): 7:02am On Feb 22, 2019
n.a. dem dem
Re: Five Feared Dead As APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Kano by Preshy561(f): 7:05am On Feb 22, 2019
The death toll on kano from tomorrow will be massive.
Senseless people fighting for politicians that has kept you like you are while their children are outside the country.
Re: Five Feared Dead As APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Kano by jakandeola(m): 9:09am On Feb 22, 2019
Preshy561:
The death toll on kano from tomorrow will be massive.
Senseless people fighting for politicians that has kept you like you are while their children are outside the country.
dont say DAT dear let pray for peace.good morning
Re: Five Feared Dead As APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Kano by Preshy561(f): 9:21am On Feb 22, 2019
jakandeola:
dont say DAT dear let pray for peace.good morning
North doesn't know anything called peace oo
Re: Five Feared Dead As APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Kano by jakandeola(m): 9:38am On Feb 22, 2019
Preshy561:

North doesn't know anything called peace oo
dats sad but election is not war I pray d tin do come and go cos did d time hatred and killing pass. why shd we kill oursef wen all thier children is abroad. I hate Hausa for DAT.dont worry dear it is well

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Trust Me, You Don't Want To See Next Level / Ngige Threatens To Sue INEC Over Buhari’s Defeat In Anambra / Buhari Leading With 18 States + FCT Results Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.