Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Generalised Anxiety Disorder - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Generalised Anxiety Disorder (1235 Views)

Remedies For Anxiety Disorder / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... / Bride-to-be Develops Vitiligo (skin Disorder) Months Before Her Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Generalised Anxiety Disorder by olamideayodeji1: 1:43pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hi people, I am currently suffering from Generalised Anxiety Disorder, is there anyone in the house that has experienced this that could give me information on how to manage it.
Kindly help.

1 Like

Re: Generalised Anxiety Disorder by IghravweIG(m): 12:56pm On Jun 28, 2019
We are in the same boat. I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder and depression last month. I'm on my meds now. But here are the things i do daily.

Exercise. 10 to 15 minutes. Push ups, jogging, skiping etc.
Evening brisk waking. I just take a stroll down my street to the main road and come back.

Good music... I'm almost always on my earpiece listening to cool jams.

Watch comedy and funny videos.

Buy lovely stuff for your self. Could be wristwatch, phone, Etc. I will make you feel good about your self.
Re: Generalised Anxiety Disorder by IghravweIG(m): 10:00am On Jul 02, 2019
olamideayodeji1:
Hi people, I am currently suffering from Generalised Anxiety Disorder, is there anyone in the house that has experienced this that could give me information on how to manage it.
Kindly help.
Hello bro
Re: Generalised Anxiety Disorder by Prettyuche(f): 11:58am On Jul 02, 2019
Suffering same too.how have u been coping?
Re: Generalised Anxiety Disorder by oceanized25(m): 6:30pm On Jul 02, 2019
Well,I actually didn't know this was a thing....though I still feel my doctor got it wrong,I have an illness and I think I know what it is,I googled the symptoms and got a name for it,but I hope it isn't what I am thinking as that issue don't have orthodox cure,infact people are confused how to treat it,no standard treatment.....so I went to the doctor to explain my situation,I never mentioned that stuff to him as I think he won't have heard of it or might just laugh it off.......this doctor listened to me as I went on n on about my symptoms and later told me to go do tests,blood and urine and gave me drugs to go buy,I asked what's happening,why I felt this way n he just said it's anxiety....but after d test we will talk more.....when I took the sheet of paper he prescribed my drugs to the pharmacist,I looked at what he wrote as cause n I saw GENERALISED ANXIETY DISORDER....I don't think it's true,I am taking the meds anyway,but I swear I will take it compared to the Illness I fear I have.
Re: Generalised Anxiety Disorder by Ijebusomaada: 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2019
This may help: Chinese meridian massage(https://www.nairaland.com/5278170/chinese-meridian-massage-centre-lagos)

It's known to relax the body's nervous system and helps you sleep better and a lot of other health benefits, check out the thread.
Re: Generalised Anxiety Disorder by oceanized25(m): 11:22am On Jul 03, 2019
Prettyuche:
Suffering same too.how have u been coping?
tell me please,was there any test done on you to diagnose you with this or u just discussed with your doctor and he told you that?
Re: Generalised Anxiety Disorder by Prettyuche(f): 12:35pm On Jul 03, 2019
oceanized25:
tell me please,was there any test done on you to diagnose you with this or u just discussed with your doctor and he told you that?
Let's talk on whatsapp
Re: Generalised Anxiety Disorder by oceanized25(m): 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2019
Prettyuche:

Let's talk on whatsapp
Re: Generalised Anxiety Disorder by IghravweIG(m): 6:46pm On Jul 27, 2019
Prettyuche:

Let's talk on whatsapp
Hello. Let's talk on WhatsApp.

I really need all the support i can get and i trust you do too.
Re: Generalised Anxiety Disorder by Prettyuche(f): 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2019
IghravweIG:

Hello. Let's talk on WhatsApp.

I really need all the support i can get and i trust you do too.
Huh?
Re: Generalised Anxiety Disorder by IghravweIG(m): 6:29am On Jul 29, 2019
Prettyuche:

Huh?
I'm going through anxiety disorder too.
How long have you been going through yours?
Re: Generalised Anxiety Disorder by Prettyuche(f): 11:05am On Jul 29, 2019
IghravweIG:

I'm going through anxiety disorder too.
How long have you been going through yours?
Almost 2 years.mine was postpartum anxiety.
Re: Generalised Anxiety Disorder by IghravweIG(m): 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
Prettyuche:

Almost 2 years.mine was postpartum anxiety.
Wow.. I had to research about yours and it's really terrible.

I guess you're healed now judging by your use of past tense.

Anxiety in all forms is terrible embarassed and when you explain most people don't seem to understand you.
Re: Generalised Anxiety Disorder by Prettyuche(f): 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2019
IghravweIG:

Wow.. I had to research about yours and it's really terrible.

I guess you're healed now judging by your use of past tense.

Anxiety in all forms is terrible embarassed and when you explain most people don't seem to understand you.
Not healed completely. I have learnt to manage it. What is driving me nuts now,its the crazy palpitations

1 Like

Re: Generalised Anxiety Disorder by Abjinvest: 9:25pm On Oct 03, 2023
IghravweIG:
We are in the same boat. I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder and depression last month. I'm on my meds now. But here are the things i do daily.

Exercise. 10 to 15 minutes. Push ups, jogging, skiping etc.
Evening brisk waking. I just take a stroll down my street to the main road and come back.

Good music... I'm almost always on my earpiece listening to cool jams.

Watch comedy and funny videos.

Buy lovely stuff for your self. Could be wristwatch, phone, Etc. I will make you feel good about your self.

Hello sir, please I am currently suffering the same thing and will want to get in touch with you.

How best may I reach you?

(1) (Reply)

Corona Virus Update Around The World / COVID-19: Here's The Most Creative Naija-made Face Mask (pictures) / Man Makes Face Mask That You Can Eat Through (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.