Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty (1099 Views)

Sanusi Lamido: No Northern Leader Should Be Happy Today Over Poverty, Insecurity / Dolapo Osinbajo Helping Aisha Buhari With Her Hair Scarf / Bolouere Opukiri: Lady Sacked For Criticising Osinbajo & Aisha Buhari Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by Omooba77: 2:07pm On Feb 22, 2019
Aisha Buhari, the wife of President Muhammadu Buhari has told Nigerians who to vote for in Saturday’s presidential election.

Speaking while presenting empowerment packs to 1,250 women and youths from the six area councils of the Federal Capital Territory in Abuja, Mrs Buhari urged Nigerians to choose between wealth and poverty.

A statement by her media adviser Adebisi, Olumide Ajayi quoted her as saying that “poverty is one of the indices that encourage people to embrace vices like terrorism, kidnapping, and begging.”

Nigerians, in reaction to the statement, said the first lady used the words wealth and poverty to describe the Peoples Democratic Presidential Candidate, PDP, Atiku Abubakar and the president.

Recall that the president’s wife few days ago caused a stir on the social media after she referred to her husband as ‘GMB’ (General Muhammadu Buhari) instead of ‘PMB’ (President Muhammadu Buhari) after the president had said those who steal ballot boxes do so at the risk of their lives.
https://www.olumuyiwa.com.ng/2019/02/22/aisha-buhari-causes-confusion-with-her-proverbial-line-choose-wealth-over-poverty-pic/
Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by abdulazeez1002(m): 2:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
grin

Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by Omooba77: 2:12pm On Feb 22, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
grin
PMB wife self said, there is Poverty

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by abdulazeez1002(m): 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2019
Omooba77:

PMB wife self said, there is Poverty
Are you suffering from it or any of your family members? grin
Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by mosesdejaviano(m): 2:14pm On Feb 22, 2019
Atiku is corrupt and a criminal and he has not been charged for any crime by this administration of integrity.

When he donated to Buhari's campaign in 2014, he is not a criminal. When they used his jet for campaign they eulogised him. They sing praises of his name.

So what happened between then and now that he suddenly becomes a criminal.

I stopped arguing with people since 2017, when I came to know that an average Nigerian has an IQ of 67. That means an average Nigerian is mentally retarded.

Currently 91 million people are living in extreme poverty. 91 million living under $2. $1=365naira, $2x30=$60. $60 x365 =21,900.
There are about 2650 people thrown into poverty line everyday according to statistics. And you still want such administration to continue.
Foreign investors can't come because of those handling the economy of the nation.

Look at the Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed. She holds only BSc in Accounting, She is not even a chartered accountant. She belongs to ANAN.

Look at the economic team of the country been headed by someone who is a professor in law. And we also have three lawyers in our economic team.

Check Obama's council of economic advisers, we have professors of macro economics, micro economics, fiscal policy and planning, Food economics.

Bill Clinton took USA out of recession with a record time of 3 months. He thanked Joseph Stiglitz who was the head of his council of economic advisers. Joseph Stiglitz was the chief economist of World Bank then.

Come to UI, OAU and UNILAG you will see emeritus professors of macro, micro economics. Those who can plan economic policies for the country to follow in the next 100years to come. But they won't use them.

Economy under Buhari administration is in shambles and in comatose state.

N.B :I am not saying Atiku is the messiah but I know he has good economic blueprint. He has experience in managing business. He will fight poverty in the land.

7 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by BuhariLooter(m): 2:14pm On Feb 22, 2019
AISHA BUHARI IS ATIKULATED

SAI ATIKUOBI

SAI BETTER NIGERIA

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by Baawaa(m): 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2019
PDP means
Poverty Developed Program grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by Omooba77: 2:17pm On Feb 22, 2019
From various reports, PMB can only win this election by rigging which will not be easy. He should accept only God gives power.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by Omooba77: 2:17pm On Feb 22, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Are you suffering from it or any of your family members? grin

Truth set free

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by abdulazeez1002(m): 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2019
Omooba77:

Truth set free
Tell me so I'll get to meet somebody suffering from poverty because I haven't seen any
Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by BuhariLooter(m): 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2019
Yoruba interest is not protected in Buhari. Yoruba nation will be disgraced and humiliated in buhari second tenure. Yoruba presidency remain a delusion without support from other southerners. Narrow minded interest is the beginning of failure in national politics. Learn from Awolowo

GOD BLESS NIGERIA...
Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by Omooba77: 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Tell me so I'll get to meet somebody suffering from poverty because I haven't seen any

Ask Rotimi Ameachi
Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by abdulazeez1002(m): 2:27pm On Feb 22, 2019
Omooba77:

Ask Rotimi Ameachi
Pmb have come to stay

Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by Omooba77: 2:31pm On Feb 22, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Pmb have come to stay

Let Nigerians decide that tomorrow, everything is not looking good for PMB. Panick is another word!
Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by Jman06(m): 2:34pm On Feb 22, 2019
The woman has been indirectly trying to caution Nigerians against voting for her husband!

Only the wise will understand her cryptic messages. I wonder how else you people expect her to say it.

Let me help a bit to interpret her message:

Aisha means "vote my husband only if you have not suffered enough in the last three and half years or if you want to continue in poverty, but please vote for Atiku if you want a booming economy that can create wealth for you and your loved ones"
Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by IbyOneGod: 2:40pm On Feb 22, 2019
Thank God ur lifeless husband cannot perform again, He would purnish you with bleeping but check your back cabals are coming ooo.
Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by webtutorr: 2:49pm On Feb 22, 2019
She is referring the present condition of Nigeria as poor and then wants the citizens to choose wealth been the new positive Atiku Obi change.

Vote PDP, Vote for a better Nigeria.
Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by Omooba77: 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2019
Jman06:
The woman has been indirectly trying to caution Nigerians against voting for her husband!

Only the wise will understand her cryptic messages. I wonder how else you people expect her to say it.

Let me help a bit to interpret her message:

Aisha means "vote my husband only if you have not suffered enough in the last three and half years or if you want to continue in poverty, but please vote for Atiku if you want a booming economy that can create wealth for you and your loved ones"

Majority of our people are programmed to reason one way

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by kaypling(m): 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2019
You guys love this woman. Y'all are looking for all ways to adopt her. She said people shouldn't choose poverty that they should basically reject a system that makes the rich, richer and the poor poorer. We know her husband focuses on the poor and the other side are looking for ways to further enrich their already rich friends
Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by Omooba77: 3:11pm On Feb 22, 2019
kaypling:
You guys love this woman. Y'all are looking for all ways to adopt her. She said people shouldn't choose poverty that they should basically reject a system that makes the rich, richer and the poor poorer. We know her husband focuses on the poor and the other side are looking for ways to further enrich their already rich friends

We are free to twist things as they suit us
Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by Omooba77: 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2019
CBN opening vault airborne now
Re: Aisha Buhari Creates Controversy With Her Proverb ” Choose Wealth Over Poverty by Omooba77: 8:06pm On Feb 22, 2019
God I want to prosper ooooo

(1) (Reply)

APC Planning To burn down INEC Rivers Office Tonight / BREAKING: Just Like Buhari, Osinbajo Departs Nigeria / Is This Really Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.