Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

An Open Letter To The Sultan Of Sokoto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To The Sultan Of Sokoto (616 Views)

Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? / APC Planning To Depose Sultan Of Sokoto, Emir Of Kano — CUPP / Atiku Visits The Sultan Of Sokoto's Palace (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To The Sultan Of Sokoto by debaj10: 2:12pm On Feb 22, 2019
Dear sir,
TGIF.
I hope today meets you well.
I'll be brief.
We, citizens of Nigeria are once again at a crossroads.
As the highest Islamic authority in Nigeria, I beg you to urgently call ur faithful subjects to order.
Between a governor running his mouth, spewing threats, bandying unverified news and making borderline hate speech;
And a head of state who, contrary to the esteem of his office, is ordering citizens to be killed:
It's high time you spoke up to let all Nigerians know the position of Islam on the words spoken by these men.
It's time to let the world know what instructions you're giving to your subjects on their conduct in the next few days and weeks to come.
I know that you have the power to issue edicts that compel your subjects to act in a certain manner.
Why you've refused to do so in these troubled times is a matter for another day's discourse.
Yes, I fully expect some blowhards to take umbrage at my 'audacity'.
But I firmly believe that leaders must be held accountable for the actions of those whom they lead.
So for now-
Whatever you tell them regarding their votes;
Whatever their imams instruct them concerning the elections;
We, as a people within the borders of this nation-
We need you to speak out for all to hear.
One way or another.
Thank you, sir.
Re: An Open Letter To The Sultan Of Sokoto by ticon4life(m): 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2019
Good one.
Re: An Open Letter To The Sultan Of Sokoto by debaj10: 6:34pm On Feb 22, 2019
ticon4life:
Good one.
anyone who knows som1 who knows som1 who knows him shld help us tell him.

na my own b dat.
Re: An Open Letter To The Sultan Of Sokoto by debaj10: 11:53am On Feb 23, 2019
share this letter, till it reaches the sultan.
prevent post election violence.
u have been warned.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Vs Yoruba / 2019 Senatorial Election Results Only / Can Someone, Anyone Tell Me Why Northerners Are Celebrating Pmb's Victory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.