Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

I Was The Husband And The Other Man - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Was The Husband And The Other Man (757 Views)

Trashed Husband And Unfaithful Wife - Feather's Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was The Husband And The Other Man by Omalee(f): 2:32pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hello everyone,
My name is Chioma owner at omaleeblog.com,I'm a writer,,making a debut on this section. my stories are usually drawn from true life experiences ,my personal experience and other people's experiences as well as events in my immediate environment,
I write for adults and this story is one of such.I hope you will enjoy this,you can visit my blog for more stories.

------------------------
I work in a construction firm ,as a consultant, at the end of every month my take home package is about one million Naira including allowances, I also engage in other personal businesses which fetches me some money, at the end I would say end of the month doesn't come with any pressure as I always have enough to take care of my family.

My wife of about five years works in the general hospital ,we have two beautiful children, a boy and a girl.

My wife told me her salary was seventy five thousand Naira,

I don't bother asking my wife about her salary,at the end of every month, I make provisions for the house upkeep,I made sure my wife and kids have enough to be comfortable with.

My wife has worked in the hospital for seven years, she was working there even before we got married, I didn't mean that I met her during my visit in the teaching hospital, one of our priceless clients had visited the firm to negotiate for a shopping complex he was proposing to build, he needed to take quotations and also take a look at the various samples of designs in our proposal to know the design he'd want, in the process of checking out these designs which were neatly stacked up in the factory warehouse, he steppe on a nail, the nail pierced his sandals and went inside his foot through the opening, blood gushed profusely out of his legs,

I quickly called the driver and together we rushed him to the general hospital few meters away from the firm,

We received immediate attention and mr Francis was well treated,it was in the process of the running around trying to see the doctor on duty that I met my wife Beatrice who worked at the hospital's laboratory as a lab scientist .

So I wanted to know the reason why she has never gotten a pay rise ,she informed me twice in the last four years about her promotions but didn't mention anything about a rise in her salary.

My wife dismissed my worries,she said there has been promises of increment, few weeks after I spoke out about what I called a "miserable pay package" she came home with an envelope and showed me the letter of increment, her salary was increased to one hundred thousand naira. she said they made some noise about resigning and the management had to top up their take home packages and promised to do more

I was still not comfortable, my wife had a master's degree in laboratory science ,to be earning so little after almost 10 years of work experience didn't make any sense to me.

I made attempts to get in touch with one of the hospital directors who has been my friend since that mr Francis's accident to ask some questions, my interest was to make sure my wife gets what is due to her, not for any other reason.

I stopped by the mall one Saturday evening to buy beverages for my kids, done with picking up stuff, I headed to the cashier's desk to pay, I was at the counter waiting for my turn then I felt a hand touch me, I turned and it was Phina my wife's cousin, she was excited to see me, it has been so long ago I saw her, she was pushing her way to where I I stood so I stepped out of the queue to make it easier, I stretched out my hands and she rushed into my spread hands, Phina has been a very jovial and friendly in -law,she has spent times with my family severally, she graduated from the federal university in the city and left to live in another city.

Phina wouldn't let me say anything, her excitement was extreme, I managed to ask after her welfare, her immediate family and her Job , by these time we were seated, we located an empty seat at a corner and sat down, Phina asked me about my lovely kids and her cousin ,my wife,then she said "I'm so happy with the success you and my cousin have recorded! the house in town is exceptional, I heard the one in the city is almost completed, you guys are too much",

For almost 3 minutes I didn't talk, Phina's comment threw me off balance, she was too excited to notice my confused self, I managed to smile and carried on the conversation.

We finally got done with our conversation, Phina promised to visit my family soon, I paid for her shopping and mine and headed out to the parking lot to put my bags into the car.

I was confused the house in the town and the city belonged to who? I didn't have any ongoing project, I completed the house I built in my village few months to my wedding! I was still planning to go into building business,like I plan to start building houses and selling them upon completion, I carried my wife along in these plan.

I went underground and began digging ,it took me two months to get a clue and finally a hold on everything that has been happening around me, it was too heavy for my heart to bear and my shoulders to carry.

My wife wasn't just lying to me about her salary, She lied to me about the good morning she said to me every day.

She was a landlady,she owned a pharmaceutical complex and had a lover she was sincere to.

3 Likes

Re: I Was The Husband And The Other Man by Sukakma(m): 3:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
Nice!! Keep it up

1 Like

Re: I Was The Husband And The Other Man by Jentle244: 4:03pm On Feb 22, 2019
This betrayal is too much to carry. But why would a woman want to have her own separate property, I mean since she is married and marriage is a life time commitment I see no reason she would want a property of her own after all her husband's property is hers

Op carry on. Love it wink

1 Like

Re: I Was The Husband And The Other Man by Omalee(f): 4:09pm On Feb 22, 2019
Jentle244:
This betrayal is too much to carry. But why would a woman want to have her own separate property, I mean since she is married and marriage is a life time commitment I see no reason she would want a property of her own after all her husband's property is hers

Op carry on. Love it wink
Thank you
Its the same reason she's keeping a lover outside her home,maybe her marrying the man was just a cover,she has a man she loved that's not her husband.
Re: I Was The Husband And The Other Man by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
Nice one
Re: I Was The Husband And The Other Man by Mirriamvic(f): 10:34pm On Apr 16, 2019
I LIKE THIS STORY SHAA

(1) (Reply)

A Night In Ubini / How Loom landed me in Doom / Www.mistawrite.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.