Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? (1123 Views)

President Barack Obama Arrives Ethiopia (Photos) / President Barack Obama Stops Wind Blowing Up Michelle’s Skirt (PHOTOS) / President Barack Obama's Daughters at the Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by efoghorjos: 10:33pm On Aug 26, 2010
Americans and indeed the whole world watched with keen interest as Barak Obama and Hilary Clinton tried frantically to emerge as the Democratic Party’s flag bearer in the 2008 presidential election. The popularity of the two candidates was put to the test; it was a time for Americans to choose between two choices that were both challenging and record-creating.

First, one of the choices would lead to the emergence of the first African-American president (Black president), and the second choice would lead to the emergence of their first female president. Either of the two candidates was almost sure of getting into the White House because the Republican Party was fast losing its popularity as a result of the circumstances of the time. Obama eventually got the better vote because he was no doubt the more popular of the two candidates. He became a history-maker, as he became the first Black to rule the country after over 200 years of independence.

Everywhere one went then, one was greeted with Obamamania – Obama ‘T’ shirts, fez caps, belts, trousers, key holders, notebooks, balloons, wrist watches, eye glasses, car stickers, etc. But the enthusiasm that greeted his election and eventual swearing-in as America’s 44th president began to die down sooner than later. He began to lose his rating and popularity clearly because of some controversial and hasty decisions that he made. When these mistakes were repeated from time to time and in different areas, Americans and indeed the world began to have a rethink; and started to nurse the fear that all that glitters may after all not be gold.

What has reduced his popularity?
Some of the decisions President Barak Obama made that have seen his popularity nose dive include:
1. Discrimination against Nigeria: On assumption of office, the president made his first official familiarization visit to the continent of Africa, his root. He accorded respect and recognition to countries like Ghana, Egypt, Kenya, South Africa, etc by paying them a visit: but he shunned Africa’s most populous and most influential nation, Nigeria, and treated her like a leper. Nigeria may be having her own challenges and going through her wilderness experience; one thing remains very clear, she is clearly the most influential voice in the continent – ask the UN Security Council, ECOMOG, Common Wealth of Nations, AU, FIFA, CAF, etc and they would tell you the undiluted truth. She remains Africa’s biggest philanthropist, defender of the smaller countries, and the Sub region’s leader.
2. HealthCare Reform Bill: The healthcare reform bill became the first litmus test that his government was subjected to. His reform bill was greeted with criticism and suspicion by both the Republicans and some Democrats. The bill eventually got passed into law; but so many people had lost their faith in him as they could not be convinced the bill meant well for the poor masses.
3. Bail-out loans for Chrysler: The effect of the world economic recession was so biting that Chrysler Motors had to request for some bail-out loans from the government to enable them save thousands of jobs for their employees. This was handled with levity; and today, we all know the outcome of government’s refusal to come to the aid of the auto company.
4. War in Afghanistan and Iraq: This was one of the reasons Americans refused to vote for the Republicans: a lot of soldiers were losing their precious lives in these countries. So, they hoped the new president would stop this trend by withdrawing their children, brothers, husbands and fathers from these wars that had consumed much of their resources. However, today, the country has lost over 4,000 military personnel in these countries, and they continue to lose their able-bodied soldiers daily. This continual loss of their dear ones has made the people to lose their hope in the government.
5. Resignation of key ministers: Since this administration came into power, some ministers and some other persons appointed into key positions have voluntarily resigned from office. Why? I leave that to you to guess. Recently the defense minister, Robert Gates announced he’s going to resign from the government in 2011. This decision was said to have shocked the president beyond words.
6. Listing Nigeria as a terrorist country: A young Nigerian who never grew up in Nigeria and never understood the cultural values of his people, made an attempt to bomb an American airline on 25th December 2009; a move which was vehemently condemned by all Nigerians. Surprisingly, President Barak Obama immediately placed Nigeria on the terror watch list. This was at a time Nigeria needed understanding from the International Community because her president was on a sick bed in Saudi Arabia. That decision further reduced the respect that Nigerians, nay, Africans had for the American president.

To read the rest part of this article and make your comments, visit http://politcalfield..com; you may also subscribe to get my free periodic publications posted to your mailbox.
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by na2day(m): 11:47am On Aug 30, 2010
And you forgot to mention the numerous vacations his family had in the course of a year, any problem gettin out of hand, obama imediately goes on vacations, recently the wife went to spain on airforce2 and the bills she racked up for the taxpayers made the press to liken her to mary antoinette!
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by 4Play(m): 1:34pm On Aug 30, 2010
na2day!:

And you forgot to mention the numerous vacations his family had in the course of a year, any problem gettin out of hand, obama imediately goes on vacations, recently the wife went to spain on airforce2 and the bills she racked up for the taxpayers made the press to liken her to mary antoinette!

There's nothing wrong with the vacations. I don't believe he's taken more vacations than Bush at the same point in his Presidency. I'm not surprised he's lost his popularity. The challenges facing the US, both economic and foreign policy, are overwhelming for a neophyte politician whose special qualities are reading off a teleprompter and a relatively unique life story.
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by JeSoul(f): 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2010
I agree with 4Play, there's nuthin wrong with Obama and Michelle taking time off. However . . .

the problem is that this is a very different economic climate from when Bush and other presidents took theirs. Many American's are in dire straits, many of them unemployed and struggling to pay bills. Hence any activity (that would otherwise be seen as harmless under different circumstances) suddenly seem lavish and wasteful.

I remember sometime last year Deval Patrick our gov here in Mass, took a week-long vacation to the Bahamas. Unfortunately for him, it coincided with the same time scores of jobs (including teachers, cops, fire fighters etc) were being cut from the state. It was not wrong for him to take a vacation, but it certainly was bad judgement and a lack of foresight on how it would rub the people the wrong way.
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by montelik(m): 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2010
4 Play:

There's nothing wrong with the vacations. I don't believe he's taken more vacations than Bush at the same point in his Presidency. I'm not surprised he's lost his popularity. The challenges facing the US, both economic and foreign policy, are overwhelming for a neophyte politician whose special qualities are reading off a teleprompter and a relatively unique life story.

DAMN. O boy take it easy. I know what you said is true but softly, softly. There are many people who after voting for "hope and change" will only accept the truth if you give it to them softly. Anyway I see nothing wrong in the vacations, the guy need to be rested cos it isn't an easy job and he isn't a god. But considering that GW Bush had his a** chewed by critics and press every time he went back to Crawford (even during better economic times) and every time he dared play a round or two of golf. Obama is simply being held to Bush standard.
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by preselect(m): 11:26pm On Aug 30, 2010
His problem started when his popularity got into hid head. He probably thought he could unite washington democrats and republicans. Something historically impossible. He thought he was christ or something close. He played to the right to get their support.
Refused to see the handwriting on the wall that those folks want only one thong from him-His downfall. Which they will get at all cost. He seemed to forget his base. With 60 votes on the senate ge couldn't coerce the democrats to pass real health reform, then they lost the 60th seat. Stupid wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, weak, perhaps stupid wall street "reform". Don't ask don't tell, ,.stalemate. Immigration, uhm, over the bar( the Latinos practically gave him Florida in 2008)
his base is disappointed, independents don't care, he can't even be going to church on Sundays, he looks cocky, delved into new York mosque debate and then backtracked, at least apparently. Supports the wrong candidates in primaries where he should at most be neutral. His press secretary mr Gibbs takes a jab at progressives, what is he doing? After mrs Lincoln won Arkansas primaries some dude in his administration said the unions just wasted $10m. Insult upon injury. No respect. Easily approves the firing of mrs sherrod over what fox news said. I don't know who Obama works for now. How can he be popular?

His base is not moved at all. His
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by JeSoul(f): 4:05pm On Aug 31, 2010
^^Abeg stop talking about my president like that  angry  angry  grin  grin

In the remixed words of three 6 mafia-
You know its hard out here for a piemp prez
when he's trying to fix the mortgage and the banks
for the afghanistan, iraq money spent
now the democrats have started jumping ship
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by preselect(m): 9:40pm On Aug 31, 2010
what i said is exactly how i feel about him. in the last 2 weeks alone, i have recieved no less than 15 e-mails from moveon.org this is the bedrock of obama's political base. these are the people that organised the political foot soldiers who did the groundwork in battle ground states like ohio and florida. the e-mails echo the sentiments i made in that post. if obama does not feel it, then i can say he is out of touch with his base.
my annoyance is that the november elections is the democrats loss, and not really the republicans gains. the republican party has no solution to the crisis other than the failed bush policies, but the democrats, under the distinguished(positively or negatively) leadership of the obama white house look like a bunch of weaklings.

all ''recruitment'' e-mails from moveon.org et al will have only one solution=delete

until we have a real democrat.
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by redsun(m): 2:43pm On Sep 01, 2010
Average americans are fundamentally set in their ways,hard to please and very adamant to universal adaptations.In so many ways similar to the talibans who they love to hate.

Obama can only do so much giving the world economic climate(ECONOMIC POWER SHIFT FROM EAST TO WEST) and the disastrous situation he inherited from george bush.The people attacking obama ie,palin and FOX crew are not doing so because he is not trying his best as an administrator but because he is black and assumed moslem,even if he lick their red asse-s,they will still be bitter because they are programmed to hate and despise whatever is not their own kind.
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by TayoD1(m): 12:51am On Sep 02, 2010
@topic,

I no fit shout.  I remember after the election of the one who must not be antagonised - Obama, all the left-leaning goons were shouting over each other's heads to declare that the Republican Party has finally been laid to rest.  To think they will now be crying out for pity on nairaland just a few months down the road.

As for the issue of the vacation or numerous vacations, I am of the opinion that the President should have led by example.  This is the person who has been telling us to tighten our belt and make sacrifices and we see no hint that he is doing the same.  Love or hate Bush, he led by example.  He totally gave up golfing in honor of the troops that were dying in Iraq.  Obama would not have invited such critism if he demonstrates that he makes sacrifices like the rest of us.

To see Michelin go to Spain and spend so much money abroad when our own economy will be helped by such spending just shows how much they are out of touch.  Why didn't she go to the Gulf to spend the money on that battered economy?  These are the same people who went on national TV to invite the rest of us to the Gulf while they headed to Spain.  Like their own left-leaning stations declared, the "optics" of the visit is totally bad, and for once, I agree with them.

As for Obama's popularity, how can he be popular when he has consistently taken positions that majority of Americans are totally against? From the health care bill to illegal immigration, from the proposed ground zero mosque to deficit spending, this is a President who is clearly not on the same page with the people who sent him to the WH.  The fact that he is a lousy administrator hasn't helped either!
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by preselect(m): 5:53am On Sep 02, 2010
@tayoD
long time. How you doing?

Why I don't want to debate you now is bc it will make me look like I'm defending Obama, the last thing I want to do now. But let me say two things,
1. The obamas also vacationed in the gulf and while his wife's Spanish holiday doesn't look good, there's absolutely nothing wrong with her honoring an invitation from the king and queen of Spain. Bad optics though- politically speaking

2. Obamas is disappointing the majority of Americans bc people like you would blame him even if God performed miracles through him and people like me who would have supported him, he has disregarded, taken our support for granted and seems , (I'll rather not say what is in my mind now) . Anyway, I've resigned from politics till further notice. But this is my opinion, obama sold the left. Not all liberals may agree with me but one evidence stands out, lack of enthusiasm on the left.
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by davidif: 7:15am On Sep 02, 2010
WHEN THE ECONOMY GETS BETTER.
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 02, 2010
You cant blame Obama, he has faced many difficult challenges since the inception of the administration

Afghanistan
Banking
Economy
Oil Spill
Very uncooperative Congress (always painting the picture of his administration as anti people,

He has also being forced into totally reactive on most issues. The economy was in dire straits when he took over and he was forced to deal with it.,

and in large part he was bound into the stimulus spending strategy that Bush's administration had embarked on. Afghanistan and Iraq, he was

similarly bound to what his predecessor had started until there were was an opportunity to change the strategy. The spill in the Gulf is similarly

something that was largely out of his hands: we don't realize there's an issue until something catastrophic happens.

and haters i.e the media wont let him rest (birth controversy, being muslim and the rest. Just too much distractions for him.

Apart from all these,

I think he handled the Oil Spill in a disastrous way - Tell the truth that it would take months and not downplay the effects of the spill,

Blaming BP - which was correct but getting into a pissing match instead of laying out the truth was terrible Leadership. And there are some issues he should

just have kept his mouth shut, that he seems to be busy talking about.

The people need actions that are directed to their problems not mere heating up the politics.

But i think with time, he will get his acts right.

Doing well in the middle east presently, and i wish something strategic would come out of this so that atleast we remember him for something,
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by EMANY01(m): 11:33pm On Sep 02, 2010
Do not  talk  about  the  media .A  wide  swath  no  scratch that : 70 % of  the   media  did  their best  and  went  beyond  reasonable  lengths to  ensure his  presidency  and project   what   ever  positive  news  they  could  scrounge   about   him. Many issues concerning  his   background  which  could  have   given  the  voters   pause to  think   were  surprisingly  kept  out  of  the   news and  as  we  all  know  it   is  what   the   media   gives   life   that  becomes   public   discourse and   so   he  became  the  44th.     Not  letting   up   the   media    was   always  decidedly   sided with   him   for   most  if  not  all  of   the   policies and   even  carried out  the  hatchet job for  the would  be/present   administration . Individuals  who  dissented  suddenly found  them selves labeled   anti-Obama  on  a racist  basis and  there is  nothing  more   poisonous  to  public  reputation   than  the   tag  “racist” so  they  beat  it. Fox  news  was  the  only   major  media    to  consistently  call   his  administration  on  issues  relating  to  his   policies  but  that  was  no  skin –pain   for   the   “messiah”. The  problem  as  we  all  know   was   that   the   guy  refused  to  realize  he  had   won  the election  and   therefore  time  to   do  the   job…; no sir   he   was   still on  campaign  mode  giving  speeches   here  and  there and  people  still  bought  it  …, for  a  while .Its  obvious    they  are  awake   now   so   the   promises  and   speeches  and  slogans  are   wearing  out  on  the  people.
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by jba203: 7:59am On Sep 03, 2010
He is Popular already. What is being popular?
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by Ibime(m): 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2010
When you lose everything till you have nothing to lose, YOU LOSE IT!

That's why people are mad right now, and Obama must take the blame as the public face of govt. It will only stop when people stop losing their homes and jobs
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by JeSoul(f): 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2010
Ibime:

When you lose everything till you have nothing to lose, YOU LOSE IT!

That's why people are mad right now, and Obama must take the blame as the public face of govt. It will only stop when people stop losing their homes and jobs
Truth. A relative informed me just last night that they're cutting jobs at the state hospital where he works by 40%. Na prayer mode everybody dey now that they be spared. He followed that annoucement by saying "thank you Obama". This coming from a fervent supporter of his. Its really tough out there . . .   cry

mdsocks:
He has also being[b] forced [/b] into totally reactive on most issues. The economy was in dire straits when he took over and he was forced to deal with it.
  What is this you're saying mr stockings? Obama was "forced" to deal with it? he was forced to be "reactive" on those sensitive issues? what? is he not his own man? does he not have control over his own voice? did anybody force him to run for president? do you think being the president of the USA would be a walk in the park?

and in large part he was bound into the stimulus spending strategy that Bush's administration had embarked on.Afghanistan and Iraq, he was similarly bound to what his predecessor had started until there were was an opportunity to change the strategy. The spill in the Gulf is similarly
Again, he was "bound" to continue in stimulus spending? Did anyone put a gun to his head when he was pressuring congress to approve his 1 trilla stimulus bill?

hmmm please defend him ehn, but take better style do am ehn  smiley
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by JeSoul(f): 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2010
Tayo-D:
As for the issue of the vacation or numerous vacations, I am of the opinion that the President should have led by example.   This is the person who has been telling us to tighten our belt and make sacrifices and we see no hint that he is doing the same.
That's really the bottomline isn't it? leading by example. It wasn't wrong for him or Michelle to take vacations but being a leader means sometimes you make tough sacrifices.
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 03, 2010
JeSoul:

What is this you're saying mr stockings? Obama was "forced" to deal with it? he was forced to be "reactive" on those sensitive issues? what? is he not his own man? does he not have control over his own voice? did anybody force him to run for president? do you think being the president of the USA would be a walk in the park?

You tell me one leader that has had to face such difficulties of this magnitude in this 21st century,

Two wars,
Recession,
Failing industries,
and huge deficit,

What would mccain have done , if he was elected,

That Us is still standing on its feet is worth it,

I dont also like the spending spree Michelle was involved in, but give the guy a break, He is being there for a year and half ,

The fact is, It is not easy to get out a recession, You have to feel the pain

No pain , no gain , Lets see what he will do by the end of his term,
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by thameamead(f): 4:40pm On Sep 03, 2010
pres-elect:

His problem started when his popularity got into hid head. He probably thought he could unite washington democrats and republicans. Something historically impossible. He thought he was christ or something close. He played to the right to get their support.
Refused to see the handwriting on the wall that those folks want only one thong from him-His downfall. Which they will get at all cost. He seemed to forget his base. With 60 votes on the senate ge couldn't coerce the democrats to pass real health reform, then they lost the 60th seat. silly wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, weak, perhaps silly wall street "reform". Don't ask don't tell, ,.stalemate. Immigration, uhm, over the bar( the Latinos practically gave him Florida in 2008)
his base is disappointed, independents don't care, he can't even be going to church on Sundays, he looks cocky, delved into new York mosque debate and then backtracked, at least apparently. Supports the wrong candidates in primaries where he should at most be neutral. His press secretary mr Gibbs takes a jab at progressives, what is he doing? After mrs Lincoln won Arkansas primaries some dude in his administration said the unions just wasted $10m. Insult upon injury. No respect. Easily approves the firing of mrs sherrod over what fox news said. I don't know who Obama works for now. How can he be popular?

His base is not moved at all. His

could not agree more, but he can still turn things round, fingers crossed.
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by JeSoul(f): 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2010
mdsocks:

You tell me one leader that has had to face such difficulties of this magnitude in this 21st century,

Two wars,
Recession,
Failing industries,
and huge deficit, 
  There's no question his job is difficult. But I repeat again Dr.Socks, having a difficult job inherently comes with the territory of being the president of the US - and he chose and fought for that job. There's no crying or whining in Politics jare. Along with the difficulty he also enjoys incredible priviledges 99.99% of us will never know. So by extension, I can think of about 30-50million people in the US that would either love to have his 'difficult' job.

What would mccain have done , if he was elected,
Well, we will never know.

That Us is still standing on its feet is worth it
Hmmm, this is the US of A. To just be "standing on its feet" does not fly as a job very well done.

I dont also like the spending spree Michelle was involved in, but give the guy a break, He is being there for a year and half ,

The fact is, It is not easy to get out a recession, You have to feel the pain

No pain , no gain , Lets see what he will do by the end of his term,
True sha. But like you say, we go see . . .
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by thameamead(f): 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2010
redsun:

Average americans are fundamentally set in their ways,hard to please and very adamant to universal adaptations.In so many ways similar to the talibans who they love to hate.

Obama can only do so much giving the world economic climate(ECONOMIC POWER SHIFT FROM EAST TO WEST) and the disastrous situation he inherited from george bush.The people attacking obama ie,palin and FOX crew are not doing so because he is not trying his best as an administrator but because he is black and assumed moslem,even if he lick their red asse-s,they will still be bitter because they are programmed to hate and despise whatever is not thsmeeir own kind.

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someone needs to tell him to stop pleasing the right wing scum-bags. he tries too hard to please them, they want him out of the white house as soon as possible, they  believe he's a moslem and was not born in the US, they hate his colour, they thinks he's socialist and they hate the fact he's liked all over the world

2012 will be tough, they will do everything to rig the presidential election,
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 03, 2010
pres-elect:

His problem started when his popularity got into hid head. [/b]He probably thought he could unite washington democrats and republicans. Something [b]historically impossible.

nah, that never happened!

And mind you theres nothing impossible, we have seen die hard enemies working together !

For me, I think there was a lot of expectation for him to radically change society and that expectation is a bit unfair!

Cmon, just a reflection,

Cant you see how Africans were celebrating his emergence, thought he had turn their poor continent into some big thing just because his from here.

Many of them largely disappointed now cheesy
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by montelik(m): 11:14pm On Sep 03, 2010
After reading some of the opinions here, its easy to see why Obama is so unpopular. Some say he's done great as you can't expect any better and the mere fact that union hasn't collapsed is testament to his strong leadership, meanwhile others here bemoan the fact that the guys has spent to much time trying to please the "right wing" (which alternate universe that was happening in I don't know). But the mere fact that opinions are this diverse show why he is in trouble. After all if his agenda was clear, honest and consistent there would not be such a wide variance of views.
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by ayo84(m): 10:01am On Sep 05, 2010
obama can't get as unpopular as a republican,face it
republicans are war mongering monsters who profit from war and famine.
whatever low ends of his presidency,all this noise about his unpopularity is by angry ,disillusioned white racists republicans and their stupid tea parties
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by Kobojunkie: 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2010
EMANY 01:

Do not talk about the media .A wide swath no scratch that : 70 % of the media did their best and went beyond reasonable lengths to ensure his presidency and project what ever positive news they could scrounge about him. Many issues concerning his background which could have given the voters pause to think were surprisingly kept out of the news and as we all know it is what the media gives life that becomes public discourse and so he became the 44th. Not letting up the media was always decidedly sided with him for most if not all of the policies and even carried out the hatchet job for the would be/present administration . Individuals who dissented suddenly found them selves labeled anti-Obama on a racist basis and there is nothing more poisonous to public reputation than the tag “racist” so they beat it.

Up to this point, Welll put!
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Sep 05, 2010
JeSoul:

There's no question his job is difficult. But I repeat again Dr.Socks, having a difficult job inherently comes with the territory of being the president of the US - and he chose and fought for that job. There's no crying or whining in Politics jare. Along with the difficulty he also enjoys incredible priviledges 99.99% of us will never know. So by extension, I can think of about 30-50million people in the US that would either love to have his 'difficult' job.

ABSOLUTELY!!! He knew of the potential difficulty before he fought to get the job. I don't understand folks now CRYING that the job is a difficult one as if all this just dropped out from nowhere on him.
Re: Will President Barack Obama Ever Be Popular Again? by manny4life(m): 4:04am On Sep 06, 2010
I have said it before, all the Anti-Obamas who claim he's done nothing, let us hear your opinion on how to get out of this economic downturn. Anyone can say anything but coming out of a huge recession and handling two wars at same time with $12 trillion deficit isn't a joke. It take at least up to 3 years or even more for an economy to come out of recession and see economic stability and boom. Like Macro economics taught me; unemployment is the last segment of recession to bounce back to normal and as we can see it's gradually slowing down.

Yes Mr. Obama would be popular again, tough he's made so many public blunders and mistakes; at times I wish were was he general counsel and press secretary was when he made public comments that were uncalled for, but he will go down in history as a remarkable president.

(1) (Reply)

See How The Chinese Military Strengthens The Minds Of Their Soldiers / Countries With The Most Debt In The World / President Of Guinea Physically Beats Up Minister For Embezzling COVID Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.