Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Ordinary Differential Equation Another Name 4 Elementary Differential Equations? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ordinary Differential Equation Another Name 4 Elementary Differential Equations? (503 Views)

US After School Satan Club Up For Vote At Elementary School (Pix) / Please I Need Help In Balancing These Equations / How To Solve Any Quadratic Equation Using The "Almighty" Formula (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ordinary Differential Equation Another Name 4 Elementary Differential Equations? by ihollarmide(m): 6:26pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hello Guys. I study Computer Science in a private University in Nigeria and as such, I offer mathematical courses. The Lecturer in charge of the Maths method really didn't do a good job and it all looked like magic because my calculus game was weak and I barely passed it in 100 level. I was finally able to fall in love with Maths method as a result of enough preparation via Professor Leonard Calculus Videos on YouTube. I also used YouTube a lot for Numerical Analysis and Linear Algebra and they proved very useful. We just ended the semester today and I already got the courses I am to offer next semester and one among them is Elementary Differential Equation. The issue is that the channel I love on YouTube that really improved my Calculus game has a full video playlist on Ordinary Differential Equations and as a result; I want to confirm if they are both the same thing before I proceed. Mathematicians in the house; Please help. Thank you
Re: Ordinary Differential Equation Another Name 4 Elementary Differential Equations? by Ocheinstein(m): 3:23am On Feb 23, 2019
Differential equations can be divided into Ordinary and partial Differential equations. The basic difference is
For the first one
y=F(x)
For the second one,
y=F(x,y,z,...)
Hence the ways of solving differs a bit. Yet, your basic knowledge will help you. Proceed
Re: Ordinary Differential Equation Another Name 4 Elementary Differential Equations? by ihollarmide(m): 6:38am On Feb 23, 2019
Ocheinstein:
Differential equations can be divided into Ordinary and partial Differential equations. The basic difference is
For the first one
y=F(x)
For the second one,
y=F(x,y,z,...)
Hence the ways of solving differs a bit. Yet, your basic knowledge will help you. Proceed
Thank you so much. I really appreciate this

1 Like

Re: Ordinary Differential Equation Another Name 4 Elementary Differential Equations? by Ocheinstein(m): 4:48am On Feb 24, 2019
ihollarmide:

Thank you so much. I really appreciate this
God bless you brother

1 Like

Re: Ordinary Differential Equation Another Name 4 Elementary Differential Equations? by Martinez39(m): 6:02am On Feb 24, 2019
Yes, they are the same smiley. The ordinary differential equations I know :

1) First Order Separable Differential Equation.

This equation is of the form M(x) dx + N(y) dy = 0 where M(x) is a continuous function of x and N(y) is a continuous function of y . It is solved by separation of variables.

2) First Order Linear Differential Equation.

This equation has the standard form (dy/dx) + P(x) y = Q(x) , where P(x) and Q(x) are continous functions of x .

3) Bernoulli Equation.

This equation has the standard form (dy/dx) + P(x) y = Q(x) y^n , where n ≠ 1 & n ≠ 0 . It can be reduced to the a first order linear differential equation by an appropriate substitution. P(x) and Q(x) are continous functions of x .

4) Homogeneous Differential Equation.

This equation has the standard form M(x, y) dx + N(x, y) dy = 0 , where M(x, y) and N(x, y) are homogeneous functions of the same degree. You can solve this by using the substitution y = vx to make it separable. v is a differentiable function of x .

wink wink wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ordinary Differential Equation Another Name 4 Elementary Differential Equations? by ihollarmide(m): 7:48am On Feb 24, 2019
Martinez39:
Yes, they are the same smiley. The ordinary differential equations I know :

wink wink wink

Great mathematician
Re: Ordinary Differential Equation Another Name 4 Elementary Differential Equations? by jesmond3945: 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2019
I love mathematics,

(1) (Reply)

WAEC SSCE May June Timetable 2019 Download / Win #200 Airtime By Answer Just One Question / UNIUYO Basic Studies Admission Form For 2019/2020 Academic Session Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.