Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,540 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory (50087 Views)

Anap Polls Predict Victory For Sanwo-olu, Siminalayi Fubara / Bwala: Polls Giving Obi Victory Are "419 Polls" / 2023: Fresh Nextier Poll Projects Peter Obi’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by rexwalters: 7:06pm On Feb 22, 2019
discusant:

Looters have since left PDP, joined APC, embraced Buhari - ask the last former governor of Akwa Ibom state
Udom will join apc after akpabio returns to pdp but President Buhari remains.

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by Goke7: 7:07pm On Feb 22, 2019
Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by globemoney: 7:08pm On Feb 22, 2019
These clowns gave pdp 90% in Anambra lol

1 Like

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by AllenSpencer: 7:08pm On Feb 22, 2019
[s]Many signs are pointing to an impending victory for the PDP Presidential Candidate Atiku Abubakar and his running mate Peter Obi; from focus group studies carried out by mainstream media and international research organisations to social media and online polls; the feedback has positive towards the ability of Atiku and Obi to deliver growth, provide jobs and began the urgent task of lifting a large number of Nigerians out of poverty.

In October 2018, The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), the research unit of The Economist Magazine, predicted that the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will defeat the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate in the upcoming 2019 presidential election. According to the magazine “The 2019 elections will be a close contest between the ruling APC and the PDP. We expect the PDP presidential candidate to win" “The next government is likely to be led by the PDP, the main opposition, potentially in a coalition with smaller parties".

Supporting this premise, Williams and Associates, the United States-based polling firm which predicted victory for Muhammadu Buhari in 2015 also predicted victory for Atiku Abubakar in the forthcoming presidential polls. The polling firm had arrived at its conclusion working with data collected across Nigeria by its operatives through face to face interviews and using multi-stage stratification proportionate to the population sample responders who were interviewed on their preferences in English and local dialects as appropriate.

These analyses and predictions have been received with a growing sense of optimism by Nigerians both home and abroad, swelling the support base of the former Vice-President who as the the head of the economy under the Obasanjo administration had been responsible for far-reaching economic reforms that lifted over 13 million Nigerians out of poverty and led to the opening up of other sectors of Nigeria's economy; especially banking and telecommunications.

As Nigerians go to the polls tomorrow, their sense of resolve to cast their votes for Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi of the PDP come with a sense of duty; that with their votes, they would be doing their part to lift Nigeria out of the doldrums and set it on a path where it once again becomes an enviable member of the comity of nations. By Sunday, when all polls would have been casted, counted and announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Nigerians are certain that they would have cause to dance and smile once more, as a new government that is equipped to bring Nigeria out of darkness would have been elected.

Driving by a petrol station in the country's economic capital, Lagos, this writer passed a commercial motorcycle (Okada) rider wearing a T-shirt with the inscription "Atiku Means Jobs"; for him and many Nigerian youths who have been without gainful employment, the promise of an Atiku presidency was an emotional and pragmatic one. And who would not agree with them?[/s]

1 Like

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 7:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
TechCapon:
Elections are not won by polls. The polls gave Hillary Clinton victory and deceived tb Joshua to issue prophecy that made him a laughing stock At the end Donald trump became president

Trump lost popular vote but won through electoral college. Do we have electoral college in Nigeria

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by rexwalters: 7:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
Obi1kenobi:
Internet polling is useless in Nigerian politics. It disproportionately captures demographics that are more inclined to vote Atiku. Younger, more educated, more Southern-based, more Christian, more internet savvy Nigerians will tend to vote Atiku over Buhari and these are what are disproportionately captured in digital/internet polls because these demographies have greater representation in cyberspace and social media. On Nairaland for example, there are probably more Anambra or Ogun posters than all 13 NW and NE states combined. Using polling data sampling the Nairaland population would be a silly way of predicting Nigerian elections. So a Nairaland poll that shows Atiku getting more "likes" than Buhari's "shares" would indicate nothing about the primacy of Kano, Kaduna and Katsina votes over Nairaland noisemakers.
Mr Jedi say no more,your thesis is spot on,your PHD is on it's way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by Adefemiaderoju1: 7:11pm On Feb 22, 2019
I will prefer buhari to win rather than atiku

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by winj: 7:13pm On Feb 22, 2019
Oya conduct pools on whether Buhari will rig the elections and see.
Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by rexwalters: 7:15pm On Feb 22, 2019
BIAFRONIGERIAN:

Trump lost popular vote but won through electoral college. Do we have electoral college in Nigeria
Yep just like the Americans two third of two third,Nigeria's presidential system is based on the electoral collage system,whichever political party wins the most sits in the National Assembly controls the presidency,that is why I know President Buhari is coming back,most of the apc senators and house of representative members that defected to pdp are not coming back to abuja. e.g. Dino Melaye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by Justpd: 7:15pm On Feb 22, 2019
Wizklynd23:
cheesy
Fake prediction..
Tomorrow we will settle this matter
Once & for all..
#SaiBABa
#saiNEXTLEVEL
#saiAPC
4+4 insha Allah

Thunder fire you idiot

1 Like

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by NwokoloOwa: 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2019
Iya! Buhari will win with 55% of votes cast. We won't even wait till Tuesday. The results that will be in by Monday will be enough for PMB.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by GoldHorse(m): 7:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
landmark86:
Even here on Nairaland is clearly confirmed

Likes for Atiku
Share for Buhari

Pele o Returning Officer, INEC, Nairaland State.
Go and announce the result na. undecided undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by gare(f): 7:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
Wizklynd23:
cheesy
Fake prediction..
Once & for all..
#SaiBABa
#saiNEXTLEVEL
#saiAPC
4+4 insha Allah

Please send painkillers to this guy he is in severe pain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by aibinuomooluk: 7:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
It is so clear that even the blind can see that Buhari can not win in a free and fair election tomorrow.

Buhari is a goner!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by Kylekent59: 7:19pm On Feb 22, 2019
I just watched AIT not quite long and the program is still on.

There would be various polls and not more than a thousands, more reason we have, apo1, apo2, apo 3 for each polling unit .

Atiku is gonna win, hands down. Even securities are prepared.

I can bet all my life savings and investments that Atiku is winning.

More reason APC is angry with foreign observers interfering in free and credible elections.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by michoim(m): 7:19pm On Feb 22, 2019
Nonsense...Fake
Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by pocohantas(f): 7:19pm On Feb 22, 2019
I pray Buhari doesn't rig this election as usual.
Because I believe no sane human being would vote him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by rexwalters: 7:22pm On Feb 22, 2019
aibinuomooluk:
It is so clear that even the blind can see that Buhari can not win in a free and fair election tomorrow.

Buhari is a goner!
Please explain free and fair in Nigerian politics,you get electricity for house abi na generator?Mr free and fair,keep dreaming,next thing you will be asking for snow.
Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by therealsaheed: 7:23pm On Feb 22, 2019
The same way it was predicted in favour of Jonathan? Please learn, online polls don't determine the real winner most of the times.

Chikiletta:

https://thepunditng.com/multiple-polls-predict-a-definite-atiku-obi-victory/

1 Like

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 22, 2019
landmark86:

Likes for Atiku
Share for Buhari

Same you did in Anambra, Edo, Ekiti, Ondo, Osun etc, you won nothing

Elections are not won on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by Ishilove: 7:25pm On Feb 22, 2019
pocohantas:
100% rigging in his favor

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by asawanathegreat(m): 7:25pm On Feb 22, 2019
The people will decide Atiku and Buhari's fate tomorrow
Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 7:26pm On Feb 22, 2019
rexwalters:
Yep just like the Americans two third of two third,Nigeria's presidential system is based on the electoral collage system,whichever political party wins the most sits in the National Assembly controls the presidency,that is why I know President Buhari is coming back,most of the apc senators and house of representative members that defected to pdp are not coming back to abuja. e.g. Dino Melaye.

Its either you are lying intentionally or you are wrongly informed. PDP is clinching majority seat in the national assembly. (Rivers state with 3APC senators is down already).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by rexwalters: 7:28pm On Feb 22, 2019
pocohantas:
Welcome to Nigeria,where you have the richest pastors and biggest churches in the world with the poorest congregation via tithes,by Monday you will find out that you are from a minority tribe of bakassi now in Cameroon and not a Nigerian because President Buhari will win with an enormous landslide victory.
Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by Kylekent59: 7:28pm On Feb 22, 2019
pocohantas:

I did a random asking to people about 50 to be precise, 47 told me they are voting PDP, 1 said he is voting sowore and the other 2 said APC.

Individually, people wanna vote PDP, but when vote buying take place, there the problem comes.

I called one of my friend that resides in Kastina, she said APC and PDP are 50:50 here.

I have a cousin whose mother resides in Adamawa(yola to be precise), I called her to know people's minds or echos, she said Atiku is sure of 85%

I called another of my team mate who is now residing in Kano, all he kept saying was kwankwoso, that he pulls many crowd that on his behalf Atiku is sure of 68%.

Remember this is a battle between two northerners.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by BoboKush(m): 7:30pm On Feb 22, 2019
Wizklynd23:
cheesy
Fake prediction..
Once & for all..
#SaiBABa
#saiNEXTLEVEL
#saiAPC
4+4 insha Allah
Modified: For those mentioning me in pains & fear of defeat ..
I dedicate this FTC to you..no
We will stand with integrity to the finishing line..
Walahi Sai Next Level No shaking cheesy

Zombie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by mexbee1(m): 7:31pm On Feb 22, 2019
humblespirit:
PDP will always win online because my pple in North West ,NE ,SW & NC don't browse they only vote

U r an idiot to think people in d NE nd SW dont browse what an insult to these region anyone who tells u d polls online eouldnt translate to votes tomorrow u r on a long tin my dear better Atikulate before its too late

Vote ATIKU Abubakar for President Federal republic of Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by SlimBaron: 7:33pm On Feb 22, 2019
Chikiletta:

https://thepunditng.com/multiple-polls-predict-a-definite-atiku-obi-victory/
Please people how true is it that the Dollar just crashed to 184 naira few hours to election. Any verified source? Because it is on Google's front page and www.abokifx.com is down.
Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by rexwalters: 7:35pm On Feb 22, 2019
BIAFRONIGERIAN:

Its either you are lying intentionally or you are wrongly informed. PDP is clinching majority seat in the national assembly. (Rivers state with 3APC senators is down already).
If you claim to know the answer why did you ask the question,fear fear rabbit?,you will witness an electoral tsunami tomorrow that even the Supreme Court of Nigeria will not even waste it's time entertaining pdp's wailing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by Xxxylxxx: 7:36pm On Feb 22, 2019
landmark86:

Likes for Atiku
Share for Buhari

Yes Atiku will be your president here not Nigerian president. You go know each way tomorrow ok keep your sweat for now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by AbdulCLO: 7:36pm On Feb 22, 2019
we heard this nonsense during osun state and ekiti..... when the same nairaland polls were giving us rubbish anyway YOU GUYS WILL BE SHOCK tomorrow must of the PDP online chest beating warriors don't even have PVC. anyway when the result start coming in I will be here to start seeing post as fraud etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multiple Polls Predict A Definite Atiku/obi Victory by rexwalters: 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2019
mexbee1:

U r an idiot to think people in d NE nd SW dont browse what an insult to these region anyone who tells u d polls online eouldnt translate to votes tomorrow u r on a long tin my dear better Atikulate before its too late

Vote ATIKU Abubakar for President Federal republic of Nigeria
Failure since 1999,atiku has nothing to offer you,from pdp to acn,back to pdp,then to apc,and back to pdp,confused Goat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Military Invades Shangev-Tiev, Benue, Kills 30 Villagers, Burns 200 Houses - SR / APC Rejects Saraki, Dogara As Senate President, Speaker / "Call Me A Hypocritical Idiot If Buhari Returns Today" - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.