Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,860 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Is Computer Engineering Or Science Worth Studying In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Computer Engineering Or Science Worth Studying In Nigeria (736 Views)

Apply For NLNG Prize For Science [worth $100k] / Is Physiotherapy Worth Studying In Nigeria? / Computer Science And Computer Engineering: What Are The Differences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Computer Engineering Or Science Worth Studying In Nigeria by Gameguy900: 7:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
I have also wanted to know is Computer Engineering or Science still worth studying in Nigeria due to the fact that Nigeria university are poorly funded and lack facilities to carry out research and the fact that they also do more theoretical work than practical and the fact that they are less jobs for almost every course in Nigeria. Am also considering writing Sat and toefl to gain scholarship abroad . Pls i need your advice should i study in nigeria or continue with my preparation for Sat. Pls dont insult me for my poor writeup or grammer.
Re: Is Computer Engineering Or Science Worth Studying In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2019
[I have also wanted to know is Computer Engineering or Science still worth studying in Nigeria due to the fact that Nigeria university are poorly funded and lack facilities to carry out research and the fact that they also do more theoretical work than practical and the fact that they are less jobs for almost every course in Nigeria. Am also considering writing Sat and toefl to gain scholarship abroad . Pls i need your advice should i study in nigeria or continue with my preparation for Sat. Pls dont insult me for my poor writeup or grammer.
[/quote]
Nigeria public universities are poorly funded although not all. Please travel abroad as soon as possible.
Re: Is Computer Engineering Or Science Worth Studying In Nigeria by urboyAce(m): 8:48pm On Feb 22, 2019
try and gain admission to study it in NIgeria and at the same time keep trying to study abroad.
the course isn't worth studying in Nigeria except you plan to be an entrepreneur and to do that you'll still have to gain some knowledge by applying for some courses outside school....
Re: Is Computer Engineering Or Science Worth Studying In Nigeria by Gameguy900: 7:15am On Feb 23, 2019
What about FUTA can i study Computer Engineering there??
Re: Is Computer Engineering Or Science Worth Studying In Nigeria by javaRookie: 12:04pm On Feb 23, 2019
Gameguy900:
I have also wanted to know is Computer Engineering or Science still worth studying in Nigeria due to the fact that Nigeria university are poorly funded and lack facilities to carry out research and the fact that they also do more theoretical work than practical and the fact that they are less jobs for almost every course in Nigeria. Am also considering writing Sat and toefl to gain scholarship abroad . Pls i need your advice should i study in nigeria or continue with my preparation for Sat. Pls dont insult me for my poor writeup or grammer.
Bro your destiny is in your own hands. Dont think that studying abroad will make you a better Csc dude. Who go fail go fail. The thing here is find time to learn programming during your holidays or strike, dont ever wait for the lecturer o. I learnt core java at age 16 before entering Uni at 17. And believe me, i smashed A in all my 100l Csc courses. I also have the skills like web designing, graphics etc. So ignore all these Bs about spoilt educational system and apply for a course you fink you are good at, then back it up with praticals on your own. I use Youtube daily and read Pdf. Am not that badass in coding yet but am no dumbass too.
Also be very sure you learn 1 skill at a time. This ish fu.cked me up big time, trying to learn c++ and php at a stretch gave me mind bumps. Funny thing is i neva master either of them.
So use your Head here. Apply for a Csc course and stop laying blames on the country. Noone is going to spoonfeed you, you hustle for dem feeds yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is Computer Engineering Or Science Worth Studying In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 23, 2019
asuustrike1:
[I have also wanted to know is Computer Engineering or Science still worth studying in Nigeria due to the fact that Nigeria university are poorly funded and lack facilities to carry out research and the fact that they also do more theoretical work than practical and the fact that they are less jobs for almost every course in Nigeria. Am also considering writing Sat and toefl to gain scholarship abroad . Pls i need your advice should i study in nigeria or continue with my preparation for Sat. Pls dont insult me for my poor writeup or grammer.

Nigeria public universities are poorly funded although not all. Please travel abroad as soon as possible.
There is nothing wrong with theoretical stuff. You can find a career as a researcher in theoretical computer science. Not everything is about programming.
Re: Is Computer Engineering Or Science Worth Studying In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 23, 2019
Darivie04:

There is nothing wrong with theoretical stuff. You can find a career as a researcher in theoretical computer science. Not everything is about programming.
Even the theoretical stuff taught at our schools, do the lecturers impact, teach,assess and score students on merit except for few?.Haven't you wondered why many of the researches are not implemented in this country?
Re: Is Computer Engineering Or Science Worth Studying In Nigeria by brisstone(m): 9:32pm On Feb 24, 2019
sure you can.

Gameguy900:
What about FUTA can i study Computer Engineering there??

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Slams FG over plan to incoporate lecturers in IPPIS / Can I Still Graduate With A Second Class Upper? / Can I Get Scholarship Or Any Cheap University To Study Medicine Outside Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.