Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) (864 Views)

9ice Calls for Annulment of APC Rep Primaries In Ogbomosho North / Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment / June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Depilot(m): 1:11am On Aug 27, 2010
According the Babangida, the reason for the annulment was because of security threats to the enthronement of a democratic government at the time. This statement is not far from the truth.
In addition to the reason babangida gave, June 12 election was also annulled because of an enormous invisible threats/pressure that Babangida was facing from the current administration.

Threat/pressure: Current administration was ready to get rid of MKO shortly after officially becoming the president of Nigeria and then severely deal with Babangida.

When he (Babangida) got this news, he was very concerned not only for himself, but also sincerely for MKO and the entire democratic government at the time.
At this period, Babangida had very little control because he was (pretty much done)ready to step down; therefore, there was very little he could do to control the show.
Therefore, in order to protect himself, MKO and the security of the country, he quickly pulled the trigger by annulling the election and stepping down.

Looking at it from a military standpoint, this action wasn't totally an error or a bad move, but it was completely miscalculated because MKO ended up dieing during the process.

Please note that this topic is not to support or to go against Babangida, but only to reveal the truth.
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Beaf: 1:18am On Aug 27, 2010
In addition to the reason babangida gave, June 12 election was also annulled because of an enormous invisible threats/pressure that Babangida was facing from the current administration.

Threat/pressure: Current administration was ready to get rid of MKO shortly after officially becoming the president of Nigeria and then severely deal with Babangida.

When he (Babangida) got this news, he was very concerned not only for himself, but also sincerely for MKO and the entire democratic government at the time.

So the "reliable" source claims he basically sacrificed MKO and Nigeria, just to save his own skin?!  shocked
Damn!
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Depilot(m): 1:27am On Aug 27, 2010
Again, the move was miscalculated.
His intention was to protect:
1. Himself
2. MKO and
3. The security of the country

Babangida may not be saying everything because of his military background and the military regime that was in place during this period, but this is the honest truth.
He thought he was doing the right thing to the best of his ability at this particular time.
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Beaf: 1:34am On Aug 27, 2010
^
So all the resultant rioting, burning by the masses and the cold blooded shooting of protesters by the govt was to save the country? Very interesting! Very very interesting!
Save Nigerians by shooting them and save MKO by actions that lead directly to his death? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Miracles indeed happen! Damn!

No wonder Nigerians hate IBB.
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Depilot(m): 1:37am On Aug 27, 2010
In fact, it was also revealed that indirectly he tried his best to fight in order for the election result to remain the same, but the pressure was too overwhelming. Again, Babangida may not be saying much because of his military back ground.

Babangida was the one that implemented this election from A to Z; and till today, it was still the best election ever held in this country.
I think we should also be asking ourselves that if Babangida didn't want MKO as our president how come he went out of his way  and allocated enough resources to ensure a peaceful and accurate election?
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by bkbabe97y(m): 1:40am On Aug 27, 2010
Depilot:

In fact, it was also revealed that indirectly he tried his best to fight in order for the election result to remain the same, but the pressure was too overwhelming. Again, Babangida may not be saying much because of his military back ground.

Babangida was the one that implemented this election from A to Z; and till today, it was still the best election ever held in this country.
I think we should also be asking ourselves that if Babangida didn't want MKO as our president how come he went out of his way  and allocated enough resources to ensure a peaceful and accurate election?

Dude, I'm also trying to get high tommorow, u know, to kick-off the weekend. . . . could You, em. . . er. . . hook me up with ur "supplier"?!?
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Beaf: 1:42am On Aug 27, 2010
Depilot:

Are you saying he is a coward? Or a rogue, cos the bolded bits directly contradict each other.
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Depilot(m): 1:49am On Aug 27, 2010
bk.babe97y, I can not blame you at all.
The problem is: our ignorance is first class, and this is why these politicians continue to take advantage of us.
You don't have to believe my post, but I can assure you that you will never come closer to what really went down than what I have presented

So, keep on reading Nigeria newspaper, may be you will get lucky some day.
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by koruji(m): 2:28am On Aug 27, 2010
@Depilot
You and IBB are too clever by half. Of course he was told to step down - that was not in question. Why? Now that is the question - a question to which we will never have the answer.

I have my explanation, which is probably closer to the truth than the lie IBB is giving you people to sell to us. The problem IBB and his bootlickers face is that there is NO EXPLANATION GOOD ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN what happened to June 12 and wash his head clean of the blood of the innocent. How so? You are right that what you wrote below is the best explanation IBB can come up with, except the truth of course wink Even with this BEST EXPLANATION, all it says is that [size=15pt]IBB is a BIG COWARD[/size]!

All his bootlickers tell us how he is the most influential politician in Nigeria today. There is one thread now on NL that proclaims IBB as the god of Yoruba political ascendancy - and the writer, who deserves a wicked curse on his head, even drags the dignity of Pa Awolowo and his lifelong service to Nigeria and the Yorubas in the mud for that purpose! Yet, here you are telling us basically that at the most crucial moment in Nigerian history, perhaps since the civil war, [size=15pt]IBB FLEE FROM THE FIGHT FOR NIGERIA'S FUTURE[/size]. The fact is that he wasn't fighting for Nigeria - he was in it for himself, and once his fellow thieves decided he has had more than his share of the loot they call Nigeria they put the boot on his behind.

If you don't realize you have been sold a lie (or may be you are the one smoking something) go back and ask IBB what security problems were responsible for all the banning and unbanning, all the cancelling that he did before June 12. It is the same reason he cancelled June 12 - that is the entire explanation. You got one other thing right - on June 12 he made a big [size=15pt]MISCALCULATION[/size].

Depilot:

According the Babangida, the reason for the annulment was because of security threats to the enthronement of a democratic government at the time. This statement is not far from the truth.

At this period, Babangida had very little control because he was (pretty much done)ready to step down; therefore, there was very little he could do to control the show.
Therefore, in order to protect himself, MKO and the security of the country, he quickly pulled the trigger by annulling the election and stepping down.

Looking at it from a military standpoint, this action wasn't totally an error or a bad move, but it was completely miscalculated because MKO ended up dieing during the process.

Please note that this topic is not to support or to go against Babangida, but only to reveal the truth.
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Depilot(m): 3:03am On Aug 27, 2010
Again, this topic is not to support or to go against Babangida.
I will never support any politician in this country; I've seen and know enough to know better. Nigerian politicians can all kiss my black a@s.

If you ask 10 Nigerians what was behind June 12, you will get 20 stories; 2 stories per person. Everybody seems to have story that justifies their action or that sends them to bed in peace.

What I have posted is the honest truth; of course, it may be deeper, but the main intention was to protect HIMSELF, MKO and SECURITY.
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by koruji(m): 3:23am On Aug 27, 2010
@Depilot
Well, it may be the honest truth of what you were told. However, that it is not the truth of what happened, whether you are supporting him or not, is that out of the 3 things IBB was purportedly protecting ONLY ONE ACTUALLY GOT PROTECTION. Guess what? It was only HIMSELF - IBB.

Both MKO and NIGERIAN SECURITY DIED in the process.

Depilot:

What I have posted is the honest truth; of course, it may be deeper, but the main intention was to protect HIMSELF, MKO and SECURITY.
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by cre8tivity(f): 3:49am On Aug 27, 2010
Hmnnn
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Becomrich0: 4:08am On Aug 27, 2010
The main reason for annulment was that IBB wanted to be Nigeria life president. He conducted several poll and cancel and continue to lie to nigerian for years. He use the same trick Gowon use to remain in power. One thing about IBB is that he knows that Nigerian do not like the truth, so IBB tells them lies all the time. Because nigerian hate the truth. They want people who decieve them. IBB knew this. ANd he kept on telling nigerian lies all the time. And that was how IBB remain in power. Nigerian loves people who tell them lies.

THe claim that IBB is going to use 1 term. I hope IBB read this. It is a lie. IBB lie alot because if he tell them the truth. Nigerian prefer the lies. so the man just decided to continue to lie to them.

In nigeria when IBB says good morning, they joke that you must go out side and check if really it is morning.  IBB is not scared to tell you to your face that he lies. Read about him. he is a very clever man. He is the most clever man that ever rule nigeria. you can never see IBB get upset. NEVER , He smiles all the time and laugh, even when he is about to kill you.  This is what war do to people.

You see, while preaching, when I tell people the truth, most time, they never speak to me. But you see those pastor that lie to them, nigerian loves them. 

IBB can tell you to your face, he is telling you a lie. He does not care and he would be laughing why he does that.

The truth is nigeria is a society where truth do not sell, and IBB knows this. And IBB is not ready to be a saint in Nigeria. IBB did not come to nigeria to sell kunu. That why you find the media houses shout IBB, they want IBB to bribe them.  The only truth is IBB would not win. And they would have stole the little money IBB saved. Jonathan would never allow IBB to rig him out.

ibb  is the most clever man that ever rule nigeria. he is a very smart man. IBB is the smartest man that ever rule nigeria.
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by koruji(m): 4:11am On Aug 27, 2010
@cre8tivity
Don't argue the impossible - otherwise you end-up wrapping yourself up. Why should IBB want MKO as President? Wasn't it supposed to be an election?

Besides, who knows why IBB does and does not do things. Like I said, once you find out the real reason IBB banned and unbanned, created and uncreated, etc before June 12, you will have your answer to the why of what he did with June 12.

Do you know what is funny about people coming here to defend IBB? - it is an impossible task. The reason is that out of the "truth" in his head he has given us multiple reasons as to why he cancelled June 12. In those multiple reasons you will find that he has already, at some point, contradicted the logic behind [size=15pt]ANY [/size] other reason.

In your case, you just argued that the election was [size=15pt]PEACEFUL AND ACCURATE[/size]. The problem is that one of the reasons IBB gave in the past was that the election was marred by rigging and that our court system stand to be ridiculed!

cre8tivity:

Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by OAM4J: 4:25am On Aug 27, 2010
Depilot:

Again, this topic is not to support or to go against Babangida.
I will never support any politician in this country; I've seen and know enough to know better. Nigerian politicians can all kiss my black a@s.

If you ask 10 Nigerians what was behind June 12, you will get 20 stories; 2 stories per person. Everybody seems to have story that justifies their action or that sends them to bed in peace.

What I have posted is the honest truth; of course, it may be deeper, but the main intention was to protect [b]HIMSELF, MKO and SECURITY.[/b]

Protect himself, MKO and National Security from who? Abacha? IBB is a bloody coward
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Beaf: 4:27am On Aug 27, 2010
I'm slowly coming round to believing that there's something genetically wrong with IBB supporters.
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Pukkah: 8:27am On Aug 27, 2010
Beaf:

I'm slowly coming round to believing that there's something genetically wrong with IBB supporters.

In fact, it's a tiring experience telling them over and over again that the product they are marketing is defective. Isn't Nigeria a peculiar country? Babangida!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by stormm: 9:00am On Aug 27, 2010
@ OP

Cannot honestly understand why u're posting this trash. Read what u posted, does it make any sense? Is it not contracdictory? Do you cut your nose to spite your face? My guy, look into the mirror and convince yourself. Stupid
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Lanrefemi: 11:41am On Aug 27, 2010
@ Depilot
Please i want you to answer some questions on behalf of babangida (it seems u know alot about him).

First question: Can babangida or you name the people that were threatning his life and MKO's life?

second question: At what point do this people start threatning his and MKO's life? is it before or after the election?

third question: if it was before the election why did he continue to waste nigerians money, energy and time when he knew pretty well he might still cancel the election?

The reason i'm asking this question is that the reasons babangida (from your reliable source) made for annuling the election is very ridiculous! because according to you: babangida is claiming he annuled it because of risk to MKO's life but MKO, MKO's wife, pa rewani, ken sarowiwa and the ogoni 9 with thousands of other nigerians lost their life as a result of the annulment! so who was he protecting?!

Cancelling that june 12 election is what brought about the problem of zoning we are facing today with lots of other problems, because no region wants to trust each other again. even now the young northern politicians are distancing themselves from him. babangida should be condemned to the past.

PLS DEPILOT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR REPLY.
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 27, 2010
Depilot:

Please just go back and confirm from your reliable source if '' BABANGIDA WOULD HAVE CANCELLED THE ELECTION IF TOFA,A NORTHERNER HAD WON THE ELECTION,imprison him and cause his death ?
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by desgiezd(m): 12:00pm On Aug 27, 2010
Are we now saying that IBB could not retire a lot of these soldiers before handing over to MKO? If he hands over to MKO and MKO was toppled within two months, who would blame him? Didnt we all see how OBJ left behind his NSA and advised Yar Adua to retain him in order to stabilise the government? Does it mean that IBB is so foolish that he could not do a thing like this? Why did IBB leave Abacha behind even when it was obvious that Abacha was over ambitious and while IBB was still the president, Abacha was being referred to as Khalifa meaning successor?

The direct consequence of the June 12 annulment is the deaths of MKO, Kudirat Abiola, Alfred Rewane, Musa Yar Adua, Alhaja Suliat Adedeji and many, many more. This is aside the people that had to flee from this country and became refugees in other lands such as  Wole Soyinka, Tinubu, Dele Momodu, Gen. Alani Akinrinade and so many others.

I refused to be convinced. IBB is a cheat, deceit runs in his blood.
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Pukkah: 12:51pm On Aug 27, 2010
Lanrefemi:

@ Depilot
Please i want you to answer some questions on behalf of babangida (it seems u know alot about him).

First question: Can babangida or you name the people that were threatning his life and MKO's life?

second question: At what point do this people start threatning his and MKO's life? is it before or after the election?

third question: if it was before the election why did he continue to waste nigerians money, energy and time when he knew pretty well he might still cancel the election?

The reason i'm asking this question is that the reasons babangida (from your reliable source) made for annuling the election is very ridiculous! because according to you: babangida is claiming he annuled it because of risk to MKO's life but MKO, MKO's wife, pa rewani, ken sarowiwa and the ogoni 9 with thousands of other nigerians lost their life as a result of the annulment! so who was he protecting?!

Cancelling that june 12 election is what brought about the problem of zoning we are facing today with lots of other problems, because no region wants to trust each other again. even now the young northern politicians are distancing themselves from him. babangida should be condemned to the past.

PLS DEPILOT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR REPLY.

Nigeria (through Mr Babangida) frittered away the opportunity which June 12 offered to unite the country. It is hard to believe that in this same country, Nigerians voted overwhelmingly for a Muslim-Muslim ticket which is almost impossible now to conceive for a political party. MKO won in Tofa's home state of Kano and in so many places in the North. The turnout was impressive and Nigerians were determined to make the Nigeria project work.

Yet, someone from the blues kicked the elections into the trash bin without batting an eyelid, handed over to an unstable government which was thrown out by another beastly regime. Ah, this country has passed through so much.

Isn't it rather strange and worrisome that some people are supporting the man that was responsible for that needless trauma?
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Lanrefemi: 12:56pm On Aug 27, 2010
@desgiezd
My brother true talk, i don't even think we need to be wasting our energy joining issues with all these pro babangida losers, but sometimes one just needs to put them in their place.

I strongly believe babangida is suffering from guilty conscience, he's realising that people don't regard him anymore as they regard people like gowon, obj and buhari, he's only trying to warm his way back to nigerians' heart but no way.

He's realised that even though money is good but it's not always the solution to everything. when i read about the death of his wife(mariam) i felt sorry for him, he was even beside her when she died in one of the best hospitals in America, but he (babangida) couldn't save her! I personally took this as a lesson, and it should be a lesson to all our leaders that even though money is very essential it's not everything.    The best thing  humans can do in life is to help and make each other happy.

king solomom was the richest man that ever lived ( he's worths around 500 billion dollars in todays money), but when he wanted to die he said: 'VANITY UPON VANITY, ALL IS VANITY'

'LET BABANGIDA GO AND ROTT WITH HIS STOLEN BILLIONS'
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2010
Diplot and the other Bababgida apologists.

It bad enough that IBB is dreaming of coming to rule this country he discreated once, it worse when you guys are trying to twist a very very recent history.

I can still recollect the old fool boasting on TV that "we are not only in government but we are also in power". if he was really in power as he claimed then, who are then the poeple he was afraid of??.

I can only advise you and your ilk to find better day time jobs to engage yourself in and quit this dead on-arrival project.

Nigerians are looking beyond an IBB come to 2011.
Re: The Main Reason For The Annulment (from a reliable source) by desgiezd(m): 2:10pm On Aug 27, 2010
ilugunboy:

I can still recollect the old fool boasting on TV that "we are not only in government but we are also in power". if he was really in power as he claimed then, who are then the poeple he was afraid of??.

GBAM! GBAM!!

IBB or his apologists should provide an answer to this!

(1) (Reply)

Revelation Linking Ibb To Mko Abiola & Abacha's Death / Alamieyeseigha Begs For Presidential Pardon, Lobby's Jonathan / What Is Good About Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.