Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers (407 Views)

Mahmood Yakubu Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatchers / We Are Battle Ready For Ballot Box Snatchers, Army Says / Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers by droptrend205: 7:46am On Feb 23, 2019
A coalition of human rights groups based in the south eastern parts of Nigeria have condemned the acceptance of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai to carry out the shoot on sight order of ballot box snatchers, by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The group, under the aegis of Southeast Based Coalition of Human Rights & Democracy Organisations (a coalition of 22 human rights & democracy organisations) said it was suspicious that such orders had not been given to the military by the president on members of the Boko Haram terrorists or the Fulani Herdsmen and other violent organisations.

The group said the acceptance calls to question the competence of the Chief of Army Staff, saying that modern day soldiering include “sharp mental, forensic and scientific soldiering, but in the Nigerian Army of Buratai’s era, the likes of Buratai’s military generalship is earned through civilian butcheries, locomotive and archaic soldiering as well as litany of other in-service atrocities and immoral conducts.”

A press statement signed by the head of the groups, Mr. Emeka Umeagbalasi who is also the chairman board of trustees of International Society for Civil Liberties and Rule of Law, and made available to THISDAY in Awka, Anambra State, states that, “Therefore, the COAS’s re-ordered killing on Nigeria’s Election Day is nothing short of preemptive and psychological terrorisation of the country’s 72 plus million PVC holders particularly those in the Southeast, South-south and potential opposition voters in the North and Southwest Nigeria.

“From the analysis of the COAS’s “vote against PMB and die” statement and associated threats, the Nigerian Army has singled out four South-south States of Rivers, Delta, Cross River and Akwa Ibom for Election Day military siege, infliction of widespread fears and brutal suppression of the electoral wishes of voters in the areas.”

Photos below :

Gist via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/rights-groups-condemn-buratais-acceptance-to-shoot-ballot-box-snatchers/

Cc ;Lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique

Re: Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 23, 2019
Please if you are carrying a baby on the back, ensure that the baby does not touch the ballot box,
Buhari didn't specify age oo!

2 Likes

Re: Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 23, 2019
If the ballot box mistakenly falls, please don't go to pick it up, just raise your hand,
I repeat don't help to pick it!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers by Corrinthians(m): 7:57am On Feb 23, 2019
The group, under the aegis of Southeast Based Coalition of Human Rights & Democracy Organisations....
I didnt read any further.

Let the civil rights Pigs go snatch a ballot box and then go to the Hague to prove how snatching a ballot box is a civil right.

Ndiara.

Make una no go vote. Stay their with your short snouts talking about right to steal. When the die is cast and your useless candidate loses, blame no one but yourselves for your fate.

1 Like

Re: Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers by Trendvoice: 8:05am On Feb 23, 2019
tongue
Re: Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers by BuhariLooter(m): 8:09am On Feb 23, 2019
Fellow Nigerians, as you go to your respective polling units, DON'T USE YOUR HAND TO VOTE AGAINST JOB CREATION AND START MEETING PASTORS FOR PRAYERS AFTER THE ELECTION!
PASTORS ARE NOT MAGICIANS!! BE WISE AND BE ATIKULATED.

Nigerians must go out and give the terrorist Buhari an azzz whopping at the polls, with a margin too big for rigging to change.
Re: Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers by zionmde: 8:10am On Feb 23, 2019
Corrinthians:
I didnt read any further.

Let the civil rights Pigs go snatch a ballot box and then go to the Hague to prove how snatching a ballot box is a civil right.

Ndiara.

Make una no go vote. Stay their with your short snouts talking about right to steal. When the die is cast and your useless candidate loses, blame no one but yourselves for your fate.
may any bullet that does not catch the ballot box snatcher catch u and ur family members
Amen

FYI
I don't care who wins
Re: Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers by Printerscanner: 8:10am On Feb 23, 2019
Dear Human Rights Advocates, kindly gather yourselves together and go and snatch ballot boxes, I assure you that you all will be shot with AK-47, survivors will be reshot with AK-49. If you want to hear from God, then pray. If you want to see God, then snatch a ballot box, I assure you that the security forces will send you to meet God in no time.
Re: Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers by donstan18: 8:13am On Feb 23, 2019
If na Boko haram, we no go hear "Shoot at sight".

Na run at sight.

Nonsense and Ndiara.

1 Like

Re: Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers by Corrinthians(m): 8:13am On Feb 23, 2019
zionmde:

may any bullet that does not catch the ballot box snatcher catch u and ur family members
Amen

FYI
I don't care who wins
FYI, I don't give a fvck what you say or think. The point is, Any pig who stretches their filthy hooves to touch a ballot box will be shot in their exposed testicles. Don't say you weren't warned.
Re: Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers by Printerscanner: 8:13am On Feb 23, 2019
zionmde:

Amen

FYI
I don't care who wins

All these curses for your family?
Re: Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers by Trendvoice: 8:26am On Feb 23, 2019
Lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique
Re: Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers by zionmde: 9:19am On Feb 23, 2019
Printerscanner:

All these curses for your family?
Me and family are not coming outside
Re: Rights Groups Condemn Buratai’s Acceptance To Shoot Ballot Box Snatchers by zionmde: 9:23am On Feb 23, 2019
Corrinthians:
FYI, I don't give a fvck what you say or think. The point is, Any pig who stretches their filthy hooves to touch a ballot box will be shot in their exposed testicles. Don't say you weren't warned.
pig like ur prophet SAW? Abi
The only pigs I know are paedophiles.

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Accept People’s Verdict — Tinubu. / . / Breakingnews-speaker Yakubu Dogara Reelected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.