Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,367 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (595800 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by holadhayor1: 7:57am On Jun 18, 2019
I don't think this should bother anyone. ALs remain invalid until the prospective student accepts the offer. The wahala begins when a prospective student starts accepting more than one offer. Hello all, please na God i take beg you. Please lets not hinder other people's ALs from coming by accepting every ALs that fall on you. Quickly do well to reject once you know that you wouldn't need the admission.

Regards
Gaddafithe2nd:

That issue tire me. Having 9 ALs, It means that person had already blocked 8 people's chances of getting admission. 2 to 3 schools are enough.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lecksam(m): 8:00am On Jun 18, 2019
And what of 2.2 Bsc going for another Bsc @ Deustchemann.. Any recent update from the embassy .. thanks

Deustchemann:

Yes, you are.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by campichristian(m): 8:07am On Jun 18, 2019
Desmoothvee:
My Germany Travel Testimony.

Am doing this because of the great help I got from this platform and also as a way to encourage someone out there going through same process...

I applied to two schools(for winter session) , got rejected in one and admitted in the other.

AL (Admission Letter) arrived 19th March
RL (Rejection Letter) arrived 14th April.
Funded my blocked account 18th April
Interview date 2nd May.
AM (Approval Mail) Came in on 27th May
Sent travel insurance/passport on 7th June
Finally, Visa arrived 17th June.

Congrats bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 8:10am On Jun 18, 2019
amihbkt767676:

What are people doing with too many AL ?
Try like 3 schools for chances.
One AL is enough.

Stop wasting AL. With Time AL go cast for Nigeria!!!!
Statistics will show that admitted Nigerians most likely dont enroll because they have other options.

Lets be wise and cautious pls. Someone has 9 AL and still more to come

Gaddafithe2nd:

That issue tire me. Having 9 ALs, It means that person had already blocked 8 people's chances of getting admission. 2 to 3 schools are enough.

I wish to air my opinion on this matter.

First, I want us to know that we are different individuals with different backgrounds and ideologies. Many people might be convenient with applying to just 1-2 schools but for some, their minds won't be settled until they apply to as much as 10 schools.

Now, the benefits of applying to many schools or having multiple admission letters include:
1. You are convinced that your academic profile can stand a chance in a variety of schools with different admission policies and quota.
2. I once read on the US visa thread that a VO asked an applicant how many schools he applied to, and he said 1. The VO was kinda bewildered, and she asked him what he would have done if he was rejected by the school.. guy had to scramble for an answer. At least if the VO asks how many schools you applied to, I think it will make more sense if you say 4,5,6. It shows your level of enthusiasm for studying in Germany.
3. When you have multiple admission letters, you can selectively and prayerfully choose where to head to. If I have 2 letters from University of Würzburg and University of Bonn, I can sit down and delve into research on the two schools; the curriculum, which one will give me more knowledge, I'll search for ratings on the schools before I choose where to go. I'll also do sufficient background checks on both cities as regards cost of living, availability of jobs etc. Weighing these factors together, I can choose where I wish to head and back it up with prayers.

With only 1 AL, i'm kinda at the mercy of any school I get. No chance for comparison.

Benefits of applying to less schools or holding 1-2 ALs
1. You have less headache on where to go. If you're the type that doesn't like to stress yourself, just find 2 programs that you are 500% sure is non-restricted, and that you will be surely admitted. Send your application, and if you're admitted, then you've achieved that part.
2. You get to spend less than those who have a long list of Applications. You spend less on mobile data, Certification and courier services.

Most importantly, and in conclusion
"Having Multiple ALs is not a sin. Wasting the admission space is evil. If you have concluded on where to head to, PLEASE REJECT THE REMAINING ADMISSION SPACES AND LET OTHER QUALIFIED APPLICANTS GET THE SPACE, ESPECIALLY FOR RESTRICTED COURSES."

Shalom cool

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 8:13am On Jun 18, 2019
lecksam:
And what of 2.2 Bsc going for another Bsc @ Deustchemann.. Any recent update from the embassy .. thanks

It's logical for any BSc applicant to book category B.
The 4th criterion in the booking for category A says that the applicant should have a bachelor degree with grade between first class and second class lower and being accepted for a masters degree.

That "and" is in bold, and I know that "and" is different from "or"

Disclaimer: This is solely my opinion, I'm not to be held responsible for anyone's decision smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ikxim: 8:18am On Jun 18, 2019
campichristian:

Just fill in the schools you attended from primary school to University or any higher institution where you acquired your last degree or diploma, with dates you started attending and when you left, the name of the schools and where it’s located at...

Danke

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by jkzie(m): 8:23am On Jun 18, 2019
Deustchemann:

Guten Morgen sehr.
This answer varies widely from school to school.
Some people get admission under a week after applying.
Some get in 2 weeks, 1 month, some 3-4 months.

Your school will definitely have a timeline. Check the timeline so you can know when to expect admission letters.
If it's not there, mail the course coordinator

Danke Sehr

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Conqueror89: 8:24am On Jun 18, 2019
emeka2103:
Good morning house, please did anyone applied for Msc consumer science TUM..haven’t heard anything from them since and the deadline passed since May 31st. Who also applied for the Course?
Hello bro,
For TUM does one need to apply through uniassist?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ejighikepat(m): 8:26am On Jun 18, 2019
If your AL bears
CIROMA CHUKWUMA ADEKUNLE

And your International passport/other documents bears
CHUKWUMA CIROMA ADEKUNLE

would that be a problem during your visa interview or disqualify someone?

Danke! !
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by walexy06(m): 8:31am On Jun 18, 2019
Ayohbk:

When do you want to send? Where's your location?
Lagos, This week. what course are you going for?
want to send to Bielefeld too....how many are we now? cn we chat on whatsapp?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:33am On Jun 18, 2019
Deustchemann:

I wish to air my opinion on this matter.

First, I want us to know that we are different individuals with different backgrounds and ideologies. Many people might be convenient with applying to just 1-2 schools but for some, their minds won't be settled until they apply to as much as 10 schools.

Now, the benefits of applying to many schools or having multiple admission letters include:
1. You are convinced that your academic profile can stand a chance in a variety of schools with different admission policies and quota.
2. I once read on the US visa thread that a VO asked an applicant how many schools he applied to, and he said 1. The VO was kinda bewildered, and she asked him what he would have done if he was rejected by the school.. guy had to scramble for an answer. At least if the VO asks how many schools you applied to, I think it will make more sense if you say 4,5,6. It shows your level of enthusiasm for studying in Germany.
3. When you have multiple admission letters, you can selectively and prayerfully choose where to head to. If I have 2 letters from University of Würzburg and University of Bonn, I can sit down and delve into research on the two schools; the curriculum, which one will give me more knowledge, I'll search for ratings on the schools before I choose where to go. I'll also do sufficient background checks on both cities as regards cost of living, availability of jobs etc. Weighing these factors together, I can choose where I wish to head and back it up with prayers.

With only 1 AL, i'm kinda at the mercy of any school I get. No chance for comparison.

Benefits of applying to less schools or holding 1-2 ALs
1. You have less headache on where to go. If you're the type that doesn't like to stress yourself, just find 2 programs that you are 500% sure is non-restricted, and that you will be surely admitted. Send your application, and if you're admitted, then you've achieved that part.
2. You get to spend less than those who have a long list of Applications. You spend less on mobile data, Certification and courier services.

Most importantly, and in conclusion
"Having Multiple ALs is not a sin. Wasting the admission space is evil. If you have concluded on where to head to, PLEASE REJECT THE REMAINING ADMISSION SPACES AND LET OTHER QUALIFIED APPLICANTS GET THE SPACE, ESPECIALLY FOR RESTRICTED COURSES."

Shalom cool
Points well presented. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by walexy06(m): 8:34am On Jun 18, 2019
Aderiike00:
lol..asin ehn the tensiin is too much fa..My trust is in God o...Jena(Molecular life science) rub(istem and Biochemistry) you?
Jena, Msc Economics, Rub Msc Economics too
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bamstar007: 8:35am On Jun 18, 2019
amihbkt767676:

What are people doing with too many AL ?
Try like 3 schools for chances.
One AL is enough.

Stop wasting AL. With Time AL go cast for Nigeria!!!!
Statistics will show that admitted Nigerians most likely dont enroll because they have other options.

Lets be wise and cautious pls. Someone has 9 AL and still more to come
With this write up I can easily assume you are a learner... when you are applying to those schools, you are not sure which will give you admission and which admission will come early (which is also very important)
So because I need one admission I will apply to one school, what if the school send rejection late or even admission late that I can’t apply for interview date anymore
Spread your tentacles, I applied to 9 schools, I already got 2 rejections, 2 admission, 1 conditional admission, still waiting for 4( have two interviews)
I got a rejection yesterday, I just smiled because I have options

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by vivianobas: 8:44am On Jun 18, 2019
I applied for same course. Still awaiting feedback too.

emeka2103:
Good morning house, please did anyone applied for Msc consumer science TUM..haven’t heard anything from them since and the deadline passed since May 31st. Who also applied for the Course?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lecksam(m): 8:50am On Jun 18, 2019
For Rub, did you send any document through post or everything is done online and how long does it take to give out admission @walexy06.. danke

walexy06:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Aderiike00: 8:57am On Jun 18, 2019
walexy06:

Seems like jena has started fishing out AL...let's hope for the best
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by amikable97: 9:11am On Jun 18, 2019
chinkichun:

For Hohenheim, I made the post. Find below:

Just so you know, there's a possibility for tuition waiver, go through the link below and see if you qualify https://www.uni-hohenheim.de/en/faq-tuition-fees-international-students#jfmulticontent_c327225-7

[Pay close attention to number 3 of "who can be exempted from study fees upon request" and explore that with your program coordinator. Cheers mate.

OK I just want to clarify something about Hohenheim, I have spoken to about 2 of their students one of which is currently the vice president of Nigerian scholars in Germany (Baden Württemberg chapter)

And he specifically said that Hohenheim was particular about the course that allows tuition waiver for students of ACP-LCP states and that course alone is Msc AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS (AgEcons) that all other courses you are expected to pay for 1,500 euros tution fee each semester. I doubted him and I wanted to be more sure of what I was doing so I sent a mail to a course coordinator there comparing two courses Agricultural economics and environmental protection and food production and asked her if both are tuition free
Then she also told me the same thing my friend told me.

This story this just to let us know that the faq's on their page "who can be exempted from study fees upon request" does not cover all courses except agricultural economics because the state (Baden Württemberg and DAAD views the course as a development course online with the sustainable development goals

Well in all we can still go ahead and send mails to them to be more clarified

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Thoyinn04(m): 9:13am On Jun 18, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

The category system favours category A. I applied for the student visa last week Friday, got an appointment today. I had to cancel it because the enrolment date is in Spetember not October.
I hope they answer those people in Category B soon.

Have you tried re-applying,i applied got sept andmy enrollment is oct but this one they are saying it takes 4 weeks to get AM,thinkn of cancelling to get another earlier date
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kratos14: 9:15am On Jun 18, 2019
Please who else got AL from Hochschule Mittweida ?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2019
Thoyinn04:

Have you tried re-applying,i applied got sept andmy enrollment is oct but this one they are saying it takes 4 weeks to get AM,thinkn of cancelling to get another earlier date
Yes, I have re-applied. I am waiting for a new date.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by emeka2103: 9:41am On Jun 18, 2019
Conqueror89:

Hello bro,
For TUM does one need to apply through uniassist?
Yes

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by emeka2103: 9:43am On Jun 18, 2019
vivianobas:

Please I sent you a pm
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ollyewa: 9:48am On Jun 18, 2019
Thoyinn04:

. More than 4 weeks Sef sometimes
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Glowing1: 9:50am On Jun 18, 2019
Who else got AL for M.sc in University of Paderborn? if there a WhatsApp group pls add me. I really want to be updated with every info I can possibly get
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by emeka2103: 9:56am On Jun 18, 2019
vivianobas:

What does your status read on the application portal? mine is saying “formal entry requirements met”.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lexdino: 10:15am On Jun 18, 2019
Desmoothvee:

Am doing this because of the great help I got from this platform and also as a way to encourage someone out there going through same process...

I applied to two schools(for winter session) , got rejected in one and admitted in the other.

Interview date 2nd May.

Mean while enrollment starts from 19th August to 23rd September.

I am grateful to God and to those Who contribute day in day out in this platform

I will be glad to render anyform of help to anyone in anyway possible.

Your own testimony awaits you.

Winter Visa approved. See y'all in Deutsche Land.
Congratulations bro.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 10:18am On Jun 18, 2019
Congrats bro
Go and succeed In DE
Desmoothvee:

Interview date 2nd May.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Dahyormine(m): 10:18am On Jun 18, 2019
Desmoothvee:

Interview date 2nd May.

Mean while enrollment starts from 19th August to 23rd September.

I am grateful to God and to those Who contribute day in day out in this platform

I will be glad to render anyform of help to anyone in anyway possible.

Your own testimony awaits you.

Winter Visa approved. See y'all in Deutsche Land.
I pray for this kind of smoothness.
Congratulations my brother, By God's grace, we shall meet in DE.
go and prosper.

cheers.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by petyr05: 10:18am On Jun 18, 2019
Deustchemann:

You're in the right place.
You should start preparing for Summer 2020. Applications should be open from August upwards. In the meantime, let me suggest some things you should get done that will ease your chances wella.
1. Obtain your ND and HND Certificates and Transcripts from your school
2. Obtain a letter of English proficiency from your school too. Although, I will strongly recommend that you write IELTS or TOEFL alternatively.
3. Visit this link from time to time

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/result/?q=&degree%5B%5D=&lang%5B%5D=&fos=&cert=&admReq=&scholarshipLC=&scholarshipSC=&langDeAvailable=&langEnAvailable=&lvlEn%5B%5D=&cit%5B%5D=&tyi%5B%5D=&ins%5B%5D=&fee=&bgn%5B%5D=&dur%5B%5D=&sort=4&subjects%5B%5D=&limit=10&offset=&display=list

You will be able to search for plenty schools that you can apply to, as well as their mode of Application.

4. Visit www.uni-assist.de and open an account there. Incase you might need to apply through them.

5. Get a jotter and a good pen. As you're browsing through DAAD, write things down. Each school, course, mode of Application, deadline, semester fee, city and state the school is located, course coordinator email address. Keep the jotter handy and out of sight of people it won't be useful to.

6. When it is Application period, kickstart your applications.
If you need to certify, Visit high courts around you to certify photocopies. If you stay in Lagos, you can certify at the embassy for free.

I believe you already have your international passport, if you don't, you can start applying for one.
Also, ensure you have your means of sustenance Standby either by blocked account or German declaration of sponsorship.

Most importantly, Spend time reading through this thread. Start from page 1. Spending 3hrs daily to read here, you can cover all the pages under 2 weeks. Believe me, you'll be armed with excess information.

I wish you success in your endeavours.

It's a wonderful morning here smiley
Thank you very much. You’ve been most helpful. I will do as you say.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by walexy06(m): 10:21am On Jun 18, 2019
Isoiso:
Hello friends,

I trust y'all are blessed. Please, kindly assist with below info;

1. I just received admission from JENA. Any one here?

2. I noticed the VISA appointment application in Lagos has changed, any info about Abuja embassy in regards to appointment application?

3. I have a verification letter from Bremen, can this be used in Jena?

4. In case you have further info regarding successful VISA application, plz, kindly share.

Thank you.
what course at Jena and when did you apply. .?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DeutschMariano: 10:29am On Jun 18, 2019
AL alert!! Information Engineering, HAW Hamburg smiley smiley smiley

8 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by HighPriest0(m): 10:30am On Jun 18, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

Like I have said before... If you know you have more than one AL, pick the one you prefer most and mail the other schools to decline their offer please and please... By so doing you are doing other applicants good.

How can you hold on to AL you don't need while there's is another person out there praying and fasting to get what you are standing on?

I got 2ALs and I have mailed the other school to withdraw theirs... You need to see how grateful the coordinator was... He was so impressed that he told me that they are gonna give my slot to a fellow Nigerian.

Please, let's do the right thing

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.