Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (597236 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by SouthHomieMob: 11:05am On Jul 05, 2019
X36DD:

Thanks bro!
See ya in Pfarrkirchen bro! Sam.course interview next two weeks!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Mrtrypes: 11:07am On Jul 05, 2019
Ayodis:

Pls how am confused yeh oo, I had 2.3 cgpa (third class) and I got admission for masters , abeg shld I choose category B masters or category A masters....
Congrats bro, What school did you apply to brother?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dennison4luv: 11:08am On Jul 05, 2019
priscysylvia:

Someone should please answer me.

its wrong to book twice, if you have 2.2 and above you are in category A and and if its 3RD CLASS then you in category B and if you have book wrongly cancel it and book again. And be fast about it
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 05, 2019
SouthHomieMob:

See ya in Pfarrkirchen bro! Sam.course interview next two weeks!
Yes bro we gather Dey!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 05, 2019
X36DD:

No, there are two types of Certification, High court and Embassy, you either use High court or embassy certification. Although some school demands you use strictly embassy.

Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Glowing1: 11:21am On Jul 05, 2019
Hycent007:
me I applied to msc business administration-Marketing. What about you?

Finance
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ceysaga: 11:25am On Jul 05, 2019
This is really an eye opener. Shows that behind every success story, there is a great effort. Who knows how many nights he has had to stay up to send 39 whooping applications?!!!!! shocked shocked

Deustchemann:

I have a total of 39 separate applications: 38 Masters, 1 Bachelor

across 20 different schools.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by computaholicGoc(m): 11:28am On Jul 05, 2019
X36DD:

No, there are two types of Certification, High court and Embassy, you either use High court or embassy certification. Although some school demands you use strictly embassy.

You missed one more.Notary Public.

tho its expensive but its good to find out what your school needs. during my time the FHC (fed high court ) CTC sufficed for all the school i applied.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 05, 2019
Ayodis:

Pls how am confused yeh oo, I had 2.3 cgpa (third class) and I got admission for masters , abeg shld I choose category B masters or category A masters....
hi there, seems people are pretty interested in the university lol.. Anyways category B should be the right one to book. Congrats on your admission.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by computaholicGoc(m): 11:36am On Jul 05, 2019
truthsayer009:
Eldeee heybaby12 Hadampson freakky X36DD Obinnafrancis

Hello Guys, another quick question

Someone told me to certify my documents in High Court before going to the Embassy?

Please is this compulsory. I honestly don't understand what he was talking about, I just said OK.

Not that necessary. just find out from ur school. Apart from the embassy, u have other options Notary Public and the Fed High courts.

the FHC is the most available if u don't live within the metropolis of lagos and/or the school doesn't ask for that specifically.

Also note that the embassy is limited. i can't categorically say how many copies u can certify at the embassy.
Notary Public is the most expensive
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sunfrost(m): 11:39am On Jul 05, 2019
sunfrost:
my brother i need serious clarity here ..with the fintiba bank matter,i registered on the 3rd of July and got this screenshotbelow...please when can i expect the account details to pay in the money. please pardon my question even if it has been answered,im very new here and a stranger.help a brother house

Please someone should help me out on this issue..please anybody
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by priscysylvia: 11:41am On Jul 05, 2019
dennison4luv:

its wrong to book twice, if you have 2.2 and above you are in category A and and if its 3RD CLASS then you in category B and if you have book wrongly cancel it and book again. And be fast about it

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ayohbk(m): 11:44am On Jul 05, 2019
computaholicGoc:

Great school. living standards is normal. To be honest the work opportunities are limited as its a very small city. No tram. No ubahn. No s-bahn ..lol.. i don't mean to scare you or give you a fright. Grace differs and can stand you out, But in our field of Technology it doesn't matter where we see ourselves, what matters is where we see ourselves in the future. I am living testimony. I didnt study in a big city but i ended up in big cities. My advice to all:

1. concentrate on ur studies first as soon as u land. If possible finish your core courses before u start working your ass-off. I did same it paid off.I finished all my core courses in zwei semester. third semester i moved to bayern for my internship and also finished my research project there. fourth semester i switched to DHL hqtrs in bonn from Adidas Hqtrs in Bayern and there i wrote my thesis.
Fifth semester ! there was no fifth semester..lol.. By fifth semester i am already working professionally.

This is just to inspire someone that it doesn't cost'a thing to look at the brighter side of life. SmartWork will always pay off at the end.

The city you study in should not deter you from achieving your goals. I hope i have inspired someone this morning

Other trivial ones include:
2. Learn how to cook before coming here. You shall get tired of Pizza and Fries..lol.. If you can't cook. Youtube is your friend.

3. learn how to ride a car and bicycle. convert the license to german version before the end of six months. Don't do the same mistake I did. there are so much benefits when it comes to having one even biz-wise.

you can write me on goc.omenihu@gmail.com( for those trying to reach me. I really dont get the email from NL when someone wants to connect me. I wish i can rewrite the entire NL portal..lol.. )

Thanks for the detailed information. I really appreciate. I'll shoot you a mail for further guide from you. Thanks ���
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by freakky(m): 11:46am On Jul 05, 2019
truthsayer009:

Someone told me to certify my documents in High Court before going to the Embassy?

Please is this compulsory. I honestly don't understand what he was talking about, I just said OK.
No you don't need to do that.... Infact don't do that..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ashleyzosh(f): 11:47am On Jul 05, 2019
okpala95:
Hi Intending Potsdamers,

This is for your orientation.

Potsdam is a capital city. Just about 15 mins to Berlin. Its not a super interesting place to live in;
- It's a major abode of old and aged people who can't keep up with the youthful life style of Berlin. So they migrate to Potsdam cos it's kinda peaceful.

- The houses a quite cheap but very hard to find. Ranging from 270 upwards. Depends on your choice of apartment and what you are looking for.

- No tourist or recreation places to visit. Speaking from personal view, clubs are also hard to find (clubs are the major places to have fun, as far as i know) People mostly go to berlin to have fun. It's not like there's fun there sha.

- if you mingle with the right people, potsdam could be fun for you.

- UniPotsdam student ID covers transportation in Berlin and Brandenburg. (yes, you can move upandan fr free in these places)

- German foods are blank. No spice, no taste, total waste of energy and emotions.

- Nobody cares about you, so mind your business. Even if you fall from a stairs - they wouldn't care, it's not their business especially when your skin is black. But some people could care though.

- No one cares about your dressing as well - but it could pose a sort of attraction when you wear some pretty short dresses (i mean extra short and revealing) cos of your black skin. People literally look at you in disgust and become ashamed on your behalf. Although, right now, alot of people are walking about shirtless and bras alone. Wch is kind of a soothing sight to behold.. Even when they are not endowed undecided undecided

- Education is quite cool. Depends on your program. Mine is okay but very intensive. (you can't select how many courses to take in a semester - means that you spend exactly 2 years.. Except if you fail. And if you try to prolong the program.. People won't take you seriously cos also all the professors can recognise you. Especially during labs cos we're less than 25)
In some program, you can select and even prolong the duration of your program till Jesus Christ comes.

-Different faculties in different campus. E.g. Art and languages are in main campus AM neuen palais.

- Work is very very hard to get.. If you don't know German. Tbvh. Except you go to Berlin. Wch is not so far. But still hard to get kn berlin as well. It's good to know German. It's the in-thing now to get a job.

- Afro stores are available as well. Berlin and Potsdam. But bring your food (it can't be overemphasised. Especially when they sell packet of Maggi here for 5€.)

- oh yes.. Resident permit is 1yr. Yes.. 1 yr. That meins you have to blocked your account again or show some funds in your account for renewal of the permit. I don't know how much exactly. - people move to Berlin cos of this. Berlin gives 2yrs. But housing is freaking expensive there. About 400€ upwards. Then you have to move from Berlin to Potsdam fr classes - close to 30-45 mins depending on where you are.

- Sadly, i know nothing about Brandenburg or cottbus. Even though part of the region in Potsdam.

I hope this helps.
Pm your questions or ask them here.
PS.. I could reply late.

Hi dear, this is quite an insight, please who has a vital university of bonn? I got admitted into geodetic engineering it would be of great interest to me if i could get people in the university,city or state or preferably people studying the same course give me a detailed insight. Danke
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by computaholicGoc(m): 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2019
Ashleyzosh:

Hi dear, this is quite an insight, please who has a vital university of bonn? I got admitted into geodetic engineering it would be of great interest to me if i could get people in the university,city or state or preferably people studying the same course give me a detailed insight. Danke

University of Bonn is another great Uni. I wouldn’t reject an offer from them to be honest. I don’t know about the course, never heard of it. Like I said in my previous quotes. Bonn is a great city with UN Campus and prestigious DHL hqtrs. I can connect u to some people in the city.

Schönes Wochenende!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DeutschMariano: 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2019
X36DD:

He was also particular about the category I booked.
Bro what category did you book?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dennison4luv: 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2019
Good afternoon to every one here, please where can one find good sponsor letter sample and dose the relationship between you and your sponsor has any effect
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kamps: 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
computaholicGoc:

University of Bonn is another great Uni. I wouldn’t reject an offer from them to be honest. I don’t know about the course, never heard of it. Like I said in my previous quotes. Bonn is a great city with UN Campus and prestigious DHL hqtrs. I can connect u to some people in the city.

Schönes Wochenende!

I love this your quick response, man.. I just refreshed my browser and boom you've replied the message already... Thanks!
Pls, don't you know anyone in Hessen, Marburg precisely
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by computaholicGoc(m): 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2019
Kamps:

I love this your quick response, man.. I just refreshed my browser and boom you've replied the message already... Thanks!
Pls, don't you know anyone in Hessen, Marburg precisely

I only know about the capital of Hessen ( Frankfurt ) the first city I set my eyes on ..�.. Frankfurt is as expensive as Munich Berlin,etc in terms of accommodation but with good opportunities as it’s known as the financial capital of Europe! I love it’s modern ambience!

Marburg i know nothing about. But I heard there is nothing much happening there ..lol.. don’t rely on hear � say ! �. Perhaps it will be fine for studies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kboy2020: 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
Thanks for Job well-done house.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by badmus306(m): 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2019
Deustchemann:

I have a total of 39 separate applications: 38 Masters, 1 Bachelor

across 20 different schools.
Legendary cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by epurepu(m): 12:38pm On Jul 05, 2019
computaholicGoc:
its high time i started giving back to the street that made me as i benefitted a lot from this platform. if you have any question or doubts about studying and living Germany. feel free to query my database of experience/knowledge pro bonosmiley. I am sparingly available here as this is over 2 years i last visited this platform so therefore or therefore so u can mail me if its urgent. I am also keen to give updates about the current state of IT/Programming/Computing career and courses in general.

maximum respect to some of my Bosses @justwise, @Dolpaz, etc for keeping this forum alive u guys helped to rock my boat that year.

if you are struggling with programming and/or IT in general, my advice is don't give up.

one love! it can only get better for us.

Please I need schools I can apply to, for January/February 2020

Course: Biochemistry
Program: Masters

I have applied to University of Cologne, need 9 more cool
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Freeman59: 12:40pm On Jul 05, 2019
Oblang:

Sad...what was their reason?

Really can't say oo
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by computaholicGoc(m): 12:42pm On Jul 05, 2019
epurepu:

Please I need schools I can apply to, for January/February 2020

Course: Biochemistry
Program: Masters

I have applied to University of Cologne, need 9 more cool

Chai Uncle/Aunty I wish could do it better but daad.de will surpass my effort. Look up CAU Kiel they have new courses on ur discipline and Kiel has a very active and big Nigerian community!

Schönes Wochenende!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by heybaby12(f): 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2019
truthsayer009:

You certify only when you applying to schools not when going for interview.

Was your questions answered?

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Mishydoo(m): 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2019
Hi,

I am 31,recently married (8 months),i have a job now in Nigeria that pays 170k monthly. I recently got a scholarship to study for my PhD in Germany and a Visa to resume Sept with full insurance and stipends for myself and my wife.

I have never left the country and I feel somehow about it. The uncertainty and all.

If this was you,would you take it?And why?

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by mexzony: 1:00pm On Jul 05, 2019
sleekch1c:
If you’re learning German through that Duolingo app, I’m pleased to announce that it is pure crap grin
Waste of time.
Unless all you want to learn is good morning and goodnight. Please use YouTube and some free literatures online.
You see that coming here and desperately struggling to “make friends”?
Don’t.
Be yourself
Many times it pays to relax and observe your environment first.
Be gentle and kind on yourself and every other thing will fall into place.
No two people’s experience are same. The best thing I did for myself was reading stuff here then not taking it to heart and keeping an open mind. It did wonders for me.

All the best guys!
Duolingo is not it at all. By the time you hear real german you go know say there is a difference between 6 and 6. grin
I have stopped using it a long while now unless you want to learn vocabulary but YouTube and other sources are better as you learn the language in real context.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Premiercare: 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
X36DD:
Okay so I just had the sweetest Interview ever.

I was interviewed by the visa officer in room 4. A black really nice guy!

Now he looked at my application form and I had accidentally wrote my city instead of my state and he nicely asked me to correct it.

\

Congrats! receive your AM soon in Jesus name (Amen)
Please which item exactly are you referring to in the comment.... "Now he looked at my application form and I had accidentally wrote my city instead of my state and he nicely asked me to correct it."
Is it
1. Place of birth?
2. Contact address?

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kamps: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
computaholicGoc:

I only know about the capital of Hessen ( Frankfurt ) the first city I set my eyes on ..�.. Frankfurt is as expensive as Munich Berlin,etc in terms of accommodation but with good opportunities as it’s known as the financial capital of Europe! I love it’s modern ambience!

Marburg i know nothing about. But I heard there is nothing much happening there ..lol.. don’t rely on hear � say ! �. Perhaps it will be fine for studies

Thanks once again, man.. but I think the capital is Wiesbaden instead of Frankfurt.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by epurepu(m): 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2019
computaholicGoc:

Chai Uncle/Aunty I wish could do it better but daad.de will surpass my effort. Look up CAU Kiel they have new courses on ur discipline and Kiel has a very active and big Nigerian community!

Schönes Wochenende!

Vielen Dank!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by allbestkaima(m): 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2019
computaholicGoc:

You missed one more.Notary Public.

tho its expensive but its good to find out what your school needs. during my time the FHC (fed high court ) CTC sufficed for all the school i applied.
I did my own certification at Federal Ministry of Education and at Ministry of Foreign Affairs both in Abuja.
If you're in Abuja you can go there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.