Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,273 members, 7,864,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:33 PM

Why Critical Thinking Is For Everyone - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Critical Thinking Is For Everyone (359 Views)

Continuous Decline In Critical Thinking Among Nigerian Students, Role Of Genx / The Importance Of Critical Thinking To Human Existence / ASUU ‘Thinking Of Another Strike’ - See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Critical Thinking Is For Everyone by Heptapodbits(m): 12:56am On Feb 24, 2019
I recently enrolled in a course for intelligence analysts. I did this to get a better grasp on how to conduct online investigations. The first module of the course was on critical thinking, and I was surprised to find out its almost universal applicability. Hence, starting with this blog post and in subsequent weeks, I will explain in non-technical terms, how to think critically.

In order not to put the cart before the horse, we must understand the essence and need for critical thinking, before going into how to do it.

Critical thinking to put it rather plainly is engaging those evaluative dispositional attitudes of the mind in forming beliefs and conclusions that most likely correspond with reality. This is in direct opposition to non-critical thinking. Non-critical thinking is the act of absorbing data or information without evaluation. Non-critical thinking is often how we learn about the world, this is because learning in its most basic form consists of the assimilation of information. As an example, let's imagine you applied to join an organization called the Intergalactic Transporters. They require that all prospective members pass an aptitude test based on their particle beam transport manual. In such a situation, your best bet would be to read and understand their manual if your aim was to pass the exam and not to try and evaluate their manual......

Read Complete post at:
https://www.bitsofsecurity.com/2019/02/why-critical-thinking-is-for-everyone.html

Re: Why Critical Thinking Is For Everyone by KENFERDYOORI(m): 6:48am On Feb 24, 2019
Having studied Logic, I couldn't agree more.

(1) (Reply)

It's Just About 'go' Time For Spacex's 1st Crew Dragon Spaceship / How To Take Care Of Your Body / Study For Certified MBA @American Management School For Just 475 Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.