Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban (4286 Views)

BDC Operators Import Dollars From Ghana, Benin Rep, Others / 15 Hot Products You Can Import And Sell For Amazing Profits / How Do I Get The Cheapest Clothes To Sell, Abroad Or Here In Naija? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban by pepsi2: 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2007
Can clothing and shoes still be ordered from other countries into Nigeria, despite the Ban on certain products?
How much do you guys think the rent annually will be for a Store in a highend areas like Ikoyi and VI.

Thank you
Re: Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban by Obamedo: 6:53pm On Apr 24, 2007
@pepsi2

With all due respects but what a funny question
You of course can import whatever you like just be prepared to bribe every man and his dog at the port
Re: Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban by naijacutee(f): 7:42pm On Apr 24, 2007
I see the people who banned the clothes wearing imported laces and shoes so why not? wink
Re: Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban by sisimose(f): 7:44pm On Apr 24, 2007
naijacutee:

I see the people who banned the clothes wearing imported laces and shoes so why not? wink

ah why now?
You wan follow connected ppl? na kirikiri you go end tongue
Re: Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban by egoldman(m): 8:48pm On Apr 24, 2007
The motive behind banning textiles importation is a good one ,but a situation where the government have not provided power for the textile factories to operate , how can the ban be sensible ? there are other issues like this that make the ban look stupid , you have to create an enabling environment , then the ban would make sense ,but with the current power situation and infrastructures, it makes no sense .
Re: Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban by pepsi2: 10:47pm On Apr 24, 2007
@ Obamedo, lol I am a foreigner trying to relocate by the end of the year, so these are questions I need answers to. Egoldman and the rest you guys are right, if the means are not there to back the purpose of the Ban then what happens? It loses its ground. Thx guys, even if there is not a Ban you have to pribe at port of entry for your goods. lol
Re: Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban by Obamedo: 1:40am On Apr 25, 2007
pepsi2:

@ Obamedo, lol I am a foreigner trying to relocate by the end of the year, so these are questions I need answers to. Egoldman and the rest you guys are right, if the means are not there to back the purpose of the Ban then what happens? It loses its ground. Thx guys, even if there is not a Ban you have to pribe at port of entry for your goods. lol

very true, but for banned goods you will just have to pay more
every man and his dog in Nigeria have their price, including the president

grin
Re: Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban by SOJ(m): 11:00am On Apr 25, 2007
Ofcourse people are still importing clothing.How do u think pple like Wranglers and other clothing outfits get their stuff in?U can import if and when u wanto,just make good ur enquiries.most importing is done nowadays from asia sha.i think d ban applies on fabric and not on finished clothing.
Re: Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban by babycool(f): 11:33am On Apr 25, 2007
@ Pepsi 2

I am into clothing business, if you need any supply pls mail me at glasiko2005@yahoo.com.
Cheers!
Re: Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban by pepsi2: 11:57am On Apr 25, 2007
@ Babycool and SOJ Thanks, I see about the fabric.

Babycool, where are you and where are u inporting clothes from? How is selling clothes wholesale to the local market like in Lagos?
Re: Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban by globalaid(m): 12:08pm On Apr 25, 2007
@pepsi, i am into clothing and shoes, any one you want. I am based in China and presently i am in Nigeria till 6th of May, this is my telephone number here in case you want us to meet and discuss more about the business, i even have some suit now and my number is 07034489520
Re: Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban by pepsi2: 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2007
@ Globalaid, thx. I am not in Nigeria now, but will hold on to your phone num, better yet pls send you email as well. I am interested in selling wholesale but need to know how well it is likely to d in Nigeria.
How well would you say selling clothes and shoes wholesale in Nigeria to the local market will do?
Re: Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban by globalaid(m): 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2007
@pepsis2, one thing you have to know about the business is that you have to get your supply from where it is cheap and a quality goods, with that you will be able to enter the market because nigerian people want good products at a less price. my e mail address is jamesfidodo@yahoo.com

once i get your mail i will give you my telephone number in China in order to make our communication easy.
Re: Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban by victoria87: 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2011
Good afternoon all,

I was thinking of starting a small business, but i need to know what is the procedure to import clothes from France to Nigeria? I just want to sell small quantity, not doing a big business, so can I just order clothes from France using DHL? Or is there other ways, less expensive et safe to get clothes from France in Lagos??
Thank you very much
Re: Can One Still Import Clothes To Nigeria Regardless Of The Ban by pleep(m): 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2011
They banned textile imports that great news. but where are all the fake chinese 'gucci" or w/e shirts comming from?

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Gold From Dubai, Canada And United State. / What Is Wrong With GTB Bank Network Today / Practical Guide To Generating Your Own Electricity Without Petrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.