Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Aged Parents Vote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Aged Parents Vote (376 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Jonathan Congratulates Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala On Her Twitter Appointment / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Aged Parents Vote by NOIConnect(f): 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2019
Proud that my father, Prof Chukwuka Okonjo the Obi of Ogwashi-Uku, and my mother, Prof Kamene Okonjo, exercised their right to vote at ages 90 and 88 respectively. The Obi enjoined all Nigerians to be peaceful saying:

“The reports of pockets of violence in parts of the country are worrisome and unacceptable. As citizens of one nation, we need to tolerate one another irrespective of our diverse political interests.

“Nigeria is our only country and we have a responsibility to make it a peaceful and prosperous nation. Great countries all over the world were built by patriotic citizens who believe in the unity of their nation. No meaningful development can be achieved in an atmosphere of violence and political bitterness.

“We are all Nigerians and what should be uppermost in our minds is the progress and greatness of our nation. This greatness can only be achieved when we live together in peace and unity without minding our political differences. Today, I have come to cast my vote because I believe in the Nigerian project. I want a united Nigeria where every citizen would have a sense of belonging.

“As a nation, we want a leader that will have the interest of our nation at heart. My concern is for a better Nigeria. Let us eschew political bitterness and remember that Nigeria is our only country and we have a responsibility to make it peaceful for all.”

Credit: https://nnn.com.ng/politics/pa-chukwuma-okonjo-votes-in-ogwashi-uku-calls-for-political-tolerance/
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Aged Parents Vote by Investmentfreak: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2019
A
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Aged Parents Vote by hucienda: 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2019
#Respect

(1) (Reply)

PDP Rejects Results / Nigeria Decides:pdp Has Been Rigging Presidential Election Since 2011 (EVIDENCE) / Ghen! Ghen!! My Second Term Will Be Tough – President Buhari Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.