Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Us Open 2010 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Us Open 2010 (3565 Views)

Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament / Tennis: US Open 2009 / US Open 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Open 2010 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2010
medjai:

There's been an upset as Caroline Wozniacki has lost in straight sets to Vera Zvonereva-6-4 6-3

that's no upset in the women's game where ranking means nothing other than an indicator of number of matches played.
Re: Us Open 2010 by A40(m): 6:40am On Sep 11, 2010
davidylan:

As a Nadal fan, i would honestly not look beyond Federer winning this in 4 sets.
I doubt that seriously. Federer would go on 7 days dry fast to avoid any form of Grand slam final with Nadal not with what happened last time. If Nadal makes it past Youzhny he is good for the gold IMO
Re: Us Open 2010 by medjai(m): 10:10am On Sep 11, 2010
Kim Clijsters is through to the final after beating Venus Williams-4-6 7-6 6-4. She'll play Vera Zvonareva in the final
Re: Us Open 2010 by GTay(m): 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2010
Nadal vs Youzhny is currently on

Nadal is one set up (6-2) and tied at 3-3 second set at the moment  cool
Re: Us Open 2010 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 11, 2010
Nadal shld win this easy in 3
Re: Us Open 2010 by Purist(m): 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2010
At last, he gets broken. 4-4 third set
Re: Us Open 2010 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2010
and he promptly breaks Youzhny back and goes on to win easy in 3.

Nadal got broken vs Verdasco.
Re: Us Open 2010 by FOD(m): 10:26pm On Sep 11, 2010
Going by the way these two are playing, none of them can deny Nadal his first US Open title.
Re: Us Open 2010 by FOD(m): 12:00am On Sep 12, 2010
So it's third seed who proceeds to the final. He prevails 5-7, 6-1, 5-7, 6-2, 7-5.
Re: Us Open 2010 by coolguyz(m): 12:14am On Sep 12, 2010
Nadal vs Djokovic

And d dream final is postponed for anoda year.

Nadal should complete his grand slam collection if this game is anything to go by. cry
Re: Us Open 2010 by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 12, 2010
FOD:

Going by the way these two are playing, none of them can deny Nadal his first US Open title.

I would love to say that too but Djokovic is no pushover. I would depend on Federer giving away so many errors on his backhand but not Djokovic.
Re: Us Open 2010 by FOD(m): 12:21am On Sep 12, 2010
By this time next year, Fed would be 30. If Nadal, Djoker, Murray stay healthy, Fed may already ve won his last US Open title.
Re: Us Open 2010 by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 12, 2010
I think he's already won his last slam title. I can only imagine winning the hard court slams will become even more difficult when Del Potro returns.
Re: Us Open 2010 by sirwebs(m): 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2010
Nigerian time for final plz.
Re: Us Open 2010 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2010
about 4pm EST would be 9pm naija time.
Re: Us Open 2010 by Borat1: 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2010
~Borat~:

Youzny just beat Wawrinka in a five-setter, but i dont like him. Dunno why
Nadal vs NoDjo in the finals. . . my prediction

Where's the money cool
Re: Us Open 2010 by medjai(m): 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2010
Nadal will win this but I dont like Nadal. He doesnt look like a fair competitor to me. His muscles look like what was built with steroids. His recovery is a myth considering the fact that he employs the most endurance intensive technique in the game. Plus he throws tantrums when things arent going his way. I strongly believe Nadal uses
Re: Us Open 2010 by usbcable(m): 8:42pm On Sep 12, 2010
As a fan of anything spanish(except f.c. Barcelona), I deeply sincerely prayerfully hope the king of clay wins this one.
but this djoko of a guy has always been a tough nut to crack.
viva espana
viva madrid
viva nadal
Re: Us Open 2010 by Borat1: 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2010
The rain is delaying the event. . .
See bad luck o,
Re: Us Open 2010 by medjai(m): 10:04pm On Sep 12, 2010
back to back US Open titles for Kim Clijsters. She beat Vera Zvonereva 6-2 6-1.
Nice one for Zvonereva. Back to back slam finals in her break-out year. I think she'll come strong in years to come
Re: Us Open 2010 by A40(m): 10:08pm On Sep 12, 2010
medjai:

Nadal will win this but I dont like Nadal. He doesnt look like a fair competitor to me. His muscles look like what was built with steroids. His recovery is a myth considering the fact that he employs the most endurance intensive technique in the game. Plus he throws tantrums when things arent going his way. I strongly believe Nadal uses

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSZI0yS680g
[/flash]

This video is for you please enjoy

Djokovic is a bigger threat to Nadal than Federer but with the way the Spanish matador has upped his game i still expect Nadal to win
Re: Us Open 2010 by rasputinn(m): 10:38pm On Sep 12, 2010
Rafa all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Us Open 2010 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 12, 2010
medjai:

lol this guy must be a joke who only watches tennis during the grand slams. If Rafa is not a fair competitor for having muscles then shld we disqualify the 6 ft 9in players like Isner or Karlovic whose serves (solely on account of their heights) are almost unbreakable? Shld Serena also be classed as an "unfair competitor" for having more muscle mass than the average female player?

Rafa's recovery is a myth how? He employs the most endurance intensive technique in the game . . . what are you talking about? What makes this unfair? Did you ever watch Lleyton Hewitt in his prime?

Rafa throws tantrums when things dont go his way? Now i'm convinced you're not a regular tennis fan. Oh dear. This is almost like reading drivel on BBC 606.
Re: Us Open 2010 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2010
medjai:

back to back US Open titles for Kim Clijsters. She beat Vera Zvonereva 6-2 6-1.
Nice one for Zvonereva. Back to back slam finals in her break-out year. I think she'll come strong in years to come

There is nothing nice about losing a final 6-2, 6-1 in 59 mins. Zvonareva is no different from Dementieva or Safina . . . mentally too weak to handle the big stage.
Re: Us Open 2010 by usbcable(m): 3:59am On Sep 13, 2010
medjai:

, I dont like Nadal. He doesnt look like a fair competitor to me. His muscles look like what was built with steroids. His recovery is a myth considering the fact that he employs the most endurance intensive technique in the game. Plus he throws tantrums when things arent going his way. I strongly believe Nadal uses
your first statement(I dont like Nadal) definately tells it all.
About the muscles, what do you say about del potro or monfils or the Williams.
About the recovery, what do you say to his not defending his wimbledon title last year due this same injury.
About the tantrums, well since you dont like him I guess you would hate his speaking spanish on court too which of course is not same as speaking in toungues/tantrums. BTW, who would be all smiles when you are loosing. Even you will feel angry at yourself.
But I agree with you on one thing Nadal(i hope) will win this one.
Re: Us Open 2010 by sinistyle(m): 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2010
medjai:

well, i cant say that Nadal is on dope but I wont be at all surprised if he is found cheating. I have had my doubts over how clean Nadal and Serena compete and you know in tennis, its so easy to get away with these things. Andre Agassi, Jennifer Capriati readily come to mind. The testing authorities are non existent, they are like air.
Have you seen Nadal's serve? Where did that come from? Nadal's serve was average, infact it use to be his weak point. Now, OMG. He attributes the improvement of his service to a new way he grips the racquet. very lame excuse indeed. Yeah, you are right, he has an incredible recovery. Remember Aussie 09 and again his incessant injuries. I seriously doubt he is competing clean
Re: Us Open 2010 by GTay(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2010
@ sinistyle are you saying he can't improve his serve?
With his strength it's only normal that his serve would get better over time. This was just not his strong point and it still isn't.
Re: Us Open 2010 by GTay(m): 1:26pm On Sep 13, 2010
davidylan:

There is nothing nice about losing a final 6-2, 6-1 in 59 mins. Zvonareva is no different from Dementieva or Safina . . . mentally too weak to handle the big stage.

Safina is the worst of the lot. angry
Re: Us Open 2010 by usbcable(m): 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2010
GTay:

Safina is the worst of the lot. angry
and the least pretty
Re: Us Open 2010 by GTay(m): 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2010
^^^ lol, i see where your interest lies grin
Re: Us Open 2010 by GTay(m): 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2010
Okay guys the final is on. Djokovic opens the match with the first service game. This promises to be a cracker.
Re: Us Open 2010 by medjai(m): 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2010
Go Djokovic. . . Hope he's had enough rest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Sport Are You Confidently Good At? / Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals Why He Has No Tattoos / FIFA Releases Current Football Ranking After World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.