Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,927 members, 7,817,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

2 APC Candidates Chasing One Senatorial Seat In Niger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 APC Candidates Chasing One Senatorial Seat In Niger (210 Views)

Abia House Of Assembly Seats: PDP 11, LP 9, YPP 2, APC 1. 1 Inconclusive / Cross River PDP Receives 5,000 APC Returnees From One Senatorial District / 2 APC candidates chasing one Senatorial seat in Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2 APC Candidates Chasing One Senatorial Seat In Niger by xgnx(m): 10:49am On Feb 25, 2019
Supporters of All Progressives
Congress, APC, who trooped out to
vote for candidates of their choice on
Saturday are still confused over who
they voted for out of the two
candidates of APC vying for the same post. However, incumbent Senator David
Umaru (Niger East Senatorial District)
has maintained that he remained the
authentic and only recognised
candidate of the party. Speaking with journalists after casting
his vote, Umaru said despite the ruling
of the Federal High Court Abuja, which
recently declared his challenger, Sani
Musa, as the authentic candidate of
APC, he remained the only flag bearer of the party. According to him, “it is expedient to let
you know that I cast my vote on
Saturday for myself as Niger East
Senatorial candidate of my great party,
APC and I, David Umaru, is the
candidate. All the noise you hear about it is just rumour that does not exist. “In reality my name was forwarded by
the party to INEC and everything that
happened after is putting something on
nothing. The decision of the court has
been appealed. The Federal High Court
is court of first instance and until we go through to the final court of
jurisdiction, statu quo remains.” CLICK HERE TO COMM

(1) (Reply)

Silence Can Be Foolish Or Wise.... It Depends !! / GNI Promises People's Oriented Government When Elected / Until This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.