Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants (3541 Views)

Riot At Ikorodu Garage After Policemen Killed An Okada Rider / Two Policemen Killed By Thieves In Onitsha / Nigerian Policemen Dancing On Duty (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by Nobody: 5:25am On Aug 28, 2010
[size=28pt]Three Nigerian Policemen Killed by Suspected Islamic Militants[/size]

Three Nigerian policemen were killed by unidentified gunmen suspected to be members of the outlawed Islamic militant Boko Haram sect, a police official said.

Two policemen were shot dead last night in Maiduguri, capital of the northeastern Borno state, by four people dressed in black overalls riding on motorbikes, Ibrahim Abdu, commissioner of police in the state, said in a phone interview. A third policeman was killed at his house in Maiduguri, Abdu said, without providing further details.

The killings bring to six the number of policemen killed in Maiduguri in the past five weeks.

The Boko Haram sect, which opposes Western-style education and draws inspiration from Afghanistan’s Taliban, attacked police stations across several northern Nigerian cities in July 2009, prompting the government to deploy troops. At least 700 people died in the fighting, leading Nigeria’s security forces to shell the sect’s headquarters in Maiduguri. Boko Haram’s 39- year-old leader, Mohammed Yusuf, was killed.

Nigeria, Africa’s top oil producer, is roughly divided between a mainly Muslim north and a predominantly Christian south.

SOURCE. . . .
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by Ranoscky(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2010
Wen i 1st saw d millitant of a tin, my mind flashed to d northern part of nigeria IMMEDIATELY b'cos i know daz wia Islamic millitants would easily operate from in nigeria due to d religion. N after readin it all, i was ryt on my taughts! I'll see how d Gov's of d northern parts of nigeria would react to dis incident being dat doz suspects r "Islamic millitant." N if doz plicemen r Christians, den dat means d muslims r about to draw a battle of religion again!

1 Nigeria pls!
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by LagosBobo1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2010
Somebody needs to keep these mullahs in check angry
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by johndavid1(m): 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2010
All this killings should stop plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz God cry cry cry
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by Ranoscky(m): 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2010
^
I taya o! Ehn . . .! undecided
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by 13volts(m): 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2010
MOPOLS & Policemen are killed daily in the south east & South South. Just 3 days ago a unit commander from MOPOL 16 Abeokuta & 6 of his men were gunned down by un known assassin.
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by yemi2005(m): 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2010
shege! what give you the impression that the perpetrators of this act were muslim
don't start what you can't finish otherwise! angry angry
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by 13volts(m): 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

[size=28pt]Three Nigerian Policemen Killed by Suspected Islamic Militants[/size]

A Unit commander from MOPOL 16 Abeokuta & 6 of his men were gunned down by unknown assassin in Aba 3 days ago

Just today 2 policemen from mini Okoro division in Porthacult were killed

the list of casualties goes on.

john david:

All this killings should stop plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz God cry cry cry

Yah in every part of the country

Lagos Bobo:

Somebody needs to keep these mullahs in check angry

Who is going to stop all these christian kidnappers, militants & armed robbers

Ranoscky:

if doz plicemen r Christians, den dat means d muslims r about to draw a battle of religion again!
!

The number of policemen killed in just 2 states in the south east Abia & Anambra surpass the entire northern Nigeria put together
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by LAGOS1976: 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2010
Nigeria need help.
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by victorazy(m): 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2010
pooorrr police men
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by EzeUche(m): 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2010
And this is good for Nigeria's image?

This is worse than being called 419, pimps and drug peddlers. When you are called an extremist, this is BAD for business!
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by Dantala48: 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2010
13volts:

The number of policemen killed in just 2 states in the south east Abia & Anambra surpass the entire northern Nigeria put together

I go with u bo.
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by Horus(m): 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2010
I fear for our people because they never get in-depth knowledge of the religions that they get involved in, making it very easy to mislead them with fanaticism. One of my muslim friend traveled throughout the Middle East and North Africa; he shared with me with sadness how dark skinned Africans were treated negative in Mecca , Saudi Arabia during Hajj. But now the same dark skined African is ready to be a suicide bomber for the religion of his own Arab opressor. Islam has become more Arabism than Islam, but most Africans Muslims want to overlook the Arab racism in Islam. In Islam you will always find the dark skinned Africans people subservient to the Arab light skinned ruling class.
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 28, 2010
Horus:

I fear for our people because they never get in-depth knowledge of the religions that they get involved in, making it very easy to mislead them with fanaticism. One of my muslim friend traveled throughout the Middle East and North Africa; he shared with me with sadness how dark skinned Africans were treated negative in Mecca , Saudi Arabia during Hajj. But now the same dark skined African is ready to be a suicide bomber for the religion of his own Arab opressor. Islam has become more Arabism than Islam, but most Africans Muslims want to overlook the Arab racism in Islam. In Islam you will always find the dark skinned Africans people subservient to the Arab light skinned ruling class.

Werent you claiming African American sometimes ago Who are your people? undecided

13volts:

A Unit commander from MOPOL 16 Abeokuta & 6 of his men were gunned down by unknown  assassin in Aba 3 days ago

Just today 2 policemen from mini Okoro division in Porthacult were killed

the list of casualties goes on.

Yah in every part of the country

Who is going to stop all these christian kidnappers, militants & armed robbers

The number of policemen killed in just 2 states in the south east  Abia & Anambra surpass the entire northern Nigeria put together

You're a buffoon. . . . your ppl are killing people up and down, trying to force feed their religion soup to other people who have no inclination  of assuming such despicable thing. . . . and you're here pointing fingers. Not saying that all Allah followers are violent tho.

Anywaz, Christians kill too. But should that justify this thread? Seems like that's what you're trying to do. 

I read hundreds of events like this and I laugh at allah followers in Nigeria opposing the use of the full body inspection being used at the airports. Anywaz, we've given you guys the option of using the equipment or becoming Nike's best customers. Because you guys will be doing a lot of swimming across the ocean and walking .
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by EzeUche(m): 6:13pm On Aug 28, 2010
Ileke-Idi on the war path. I prefer this side of you. cool
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by Ltrust(m): 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2010
Printing Recharge card from home is reliable & profitable. Get your Guide, Manuals,boxes,Software, Cheapest dealers for Pin purchases & contacts, other ways to print, where to leverage to sell on the internet etc/07033097160. So willing to see you through.

Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by philip0906(m): 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2010
Ltrust:

Printing Recharge card from home is reliable & profitable. Get your Guide, Manuals,boxes,Software, Cheapest dealers for Pin purchases & contacts, other ways to print, where to leverage to sell on the internet etc/07033097160. So willing to see you through.
carry go jare. . .wetin concern agbero and overload grin grin
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by mamagee3(f): 10:25pm On Aug 28, 2010
Has the Islamic community stopped killing the Christains. . .

And have now launched their attck on policemen?

The Nigerian policemen deserve it anyway. grin
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by IG: 10:49pm On Aug 28, 2010
The last two killings happened at the same time. It took place in my neighborhood in Maiduguri. The two policemen were going to their duty post on a motorcycle when they were trailed and gunned down by two other guys also on a motorcycle.
The attackers look more like political thugs than Boko Haram members, in fact nobody in Maiduguri is buying the Boko Haram story. Everybody knows that it is politicians at work trying to create some chaos (only God knows why).

And for all those trying to create a Muslims vs Christians story, know that both policemen were Muslims.
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by udezue(m): 11:39pm On Aug 28, 2010
I personally don't feel sorry for them.
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by Smi1(m): 12:27am On Aug 29, 2010
Wetin dey do this Boko Haram guys self ? omo when Naija go upgrade naw, the country lack security
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 29, 2010
EzeUche:

Ileke-Idi on the war path. I prefer this side of you. cool
And I prefer all angle of yours.
Now turn around, let's see the tight buttox
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by udezue(m): 1:11am On Aug 29, 2010
Lmoooooooo^^^^ cheiii
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by Riot5000: 6:46am On Aug 29, 2010
THEY NEED TO KILL EACH OTHER.
They are a disgrace to the nation
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by EzeUche(m): 9:39am On Aug 29, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

And I prefer all angle of yours.
Now turn around, let's see the tight buttox

shocked shocked shocked shocked

I will let that slide, because of that nice pic of yours with those pretty legs. Hmmmm

udezue:

Lmoooooooo^^^^ cheiii

I am scared o!
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by JUO(m): 12:31pm On Aug 29, 2010
I read hundreds of events like this and I laugh at allah followers in Nigeria opposing the use of the full body inspection being used at the airports. Anywaz, we've given you guys the option of using the equipment or becoming Nike's best customers. Because you guys will be doing a lot of swimming across the ocean and walking
hahahahahaha
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by Ayatullah(m): 2:24pm On Aug 29, 2010
@[b]ILEKE-IDI, I wonder why you cannot show enough of your room in your picture to show you are really in Florida! I am dead sure you are in one of the
Ekiti villages!!!

On a serious note, I pity the police that are being gunned down, but violence begets violence. Why have we forgotten the way the muslims were gunned down in Maiduguri last year? You only need to have a bushy beard at the height of that crisis to be gunned down by the police. Yet you guys have forgotten that Jesus pictures carry the beard trademark!!! [/b]
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by baslone: 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2010
IG:

The last two killings happened at the same time. It took place in my neighborhood in Maiduguri. The two policemen were going to their duty post on a motorcycle when they were trailed and gunned down by two other guys also on a motorcycle.
The attackers look more like political thugs than Boko Haram members, in fact nobody in Maiduguri is buying the Boko Haram story.
Everybody knows that it is politicians at work trying to create some chaos (only God knows why).

And for all those trying to create a Muslims vs Christians story, know that both policemen were Muslims.

Hmmmm!
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2010
Ayatullah:

@]ILEKE-IDI, I wonder why you cannot show enough of your room in your picture to show you are really in Florida! I am dead sure you are in one of the
Ekiti villages!!!

On a serious note, I pity the police that are being gunned down, but violence begets violence. Why have we forgotten the way the muslims were gunned down in Maiduguri last year? You only need to have a bushy beard at the height of that crisis to be gunned down by the police. Yet you guys have forgotten that Jesus pictures carry the beard trademark!!! [/b]
Dude, I'll kill to be in "one of the Ekiti villages" right now. . . . so. . . .

Riot5000:

THEY NEED TO KILL EACH OTHER.
They are a disgrace to the nation
grin grin grin grin
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by lannre(m): 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2010
@ Ile Ike idi , may Allah forgive you. we should not brand issues sake of argument . God is All Knowing.
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2010
I have no pity for the officer's killed. I wish more of them gun shot, Ask me why if have no idea of their act in killing innocent people, Armed robber's in Black.
Re: Three Nigerian Policemen Killed By Suspected Islamic Militants by Ayatullah(m): 1:45am On Aug 30, 2010
@Ileke Idi, so what are you waiting for, need a one way ticket to Nigeria? I'll arrange one for you through madam 'REBRANDING' Nigeria. I mean it.[color=#006600][/color]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu, Fasoranti, Hid Awolowo: Who Really Is The Yoruba Leader? / Efcc Moves To Legalise Plea-bargaining / Don Jazzy/marvins Performing At The APC Rally For Buhari In Lagos. DOROBUCCI.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.