Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn (1005 Views)

Pls Were Can I Get Oau Predegree Past Questn In Lagos / Need Info On Ndu Admission? Click Here N Post Ur Questn / Guys Is Me Babadinho Jamb Questn Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Lvdlexy(m): 7:23am On Aug 28, 2010
Greatest UNILORITE, ! Ask ur questn
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Folar2(m): 8:16am On Aug 28, 2010
guy hw possible is it to get a decent house of 30k in tanke with water n toilet?
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 28, 2010
Ar u talking abt self contain or face to face.if it is one room u can get it for 30k with shared toilet,but if it is self contain be prepared for minimum of 55k.
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by 9icegy(m): 10:18am On Aug 28, 2010
guys do u have idea wen d list is gonna be released
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by 9icegy(m): 11:00am On Aug 28, 2010
@folar guy do u ave idea wen d admission list is going to be released
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Folar2(m): 12:00pm On Aug 28, 2010
the truth about the list dat no body can be too sure when d list will come out. however, admission shld be concluded b4 oct 2 accordin to jamb meaning the list will definitly come out sep. if there will be second list, first list shld be out 2nd week of sep becos of movement list. all tins been equal somtin gd shld happen by 15th of sep. Just be positive minded.
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by 9icegy(m): 12:13pm On Aug 28, 2010
okay thanks
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Lvdlexy(m): 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2010
30k self contain house @tanke ain't visible but gat space @my lodge for 48k.
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Bigsam4(m): 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2010
Semptember is my mounth of gaining my admission into better by far far far far far, tooooo far Unilorin i claim it.
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Bigsam4(m): 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2010
30k for a room is it per session/semester or per year/anum
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Lvdlexy(m): 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2010
Ain't nothing like a semester accomodatn.
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by marod(m): 5:28pm On Aug 29, 2010
When is the school resuming?
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Skmoda360(m): 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2010
Sup guyz.
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Lvdlexy(m): 6:52am On Aug 30, 2010
No specific date yet but guess early october.
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Skmoda360(m): 9:04am On Aug 30, 2010
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Skmoda360(m): 9:05am On Aug 30, 2010
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by modskiller(m): 11:52am On Aug 30, 2010
The Deputy Vice Chancellor of the University of Ilorin , Professor Kolade L. Ayorinde at the weekend disclosed that of the 27,847 candidates that sat for the post-UME test this month at the university, about 16,225 scored the average of 50 per cent and above.

Ayorinde added that though of the 73,392 candidates that applied to UNILORIN either as first, second or most preferred choice institution, for the 2010/2011 admission exercise, only 27, 847 ultimately sat for the pre-registration screening.

The Professor of agriculture stated this in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital, saying that in the screening exercise that took place between August 16 and 23 at the Ilorin, Lagos and Minna centres, 58.2 per cent candidates scored 50percent and above. He added that about 11,622 candidates scored lower than 50 in the exercise.

Prof Ayorinde added that the outcome of the screening exercise justified the necessity of post-UME.
According to the deputy vice-chancellor, “if candidates that scored 280 (out of 400) or more in Unified Tertiary Institutions Matriculation Examinations (UTME) could score far below 50 per cent in the pre-admission screening as the recent experience has shown, it clearly indicates that ‘JAMB’ is not enough,” he said.

“While the questions asked were to test the general aptitude of the candidates and determine their suitability for university education, rather than competence on specific subjects, the 41.74 per cent failure recorded is a wake-up call that better measurements need to be developed to test the academic competence of students,” the deputy vice-chancellor academic said.

On what parents and candidates should expect after the screening, Prof. Ayorinde said that a phase in the admission process had just been completed while other phases would immediately follow. He added that “what we have done is a phase. The next phase is to generate a list. Then, Senate would take a decision on the cut-off mark. Afterwards, the Admission Committee would sit to work and successful candidates would be admitted.”

On what it takes to be offered admission, the professor said “admission depends on the number of students that applied for a particular course, the nature of the course applied for and the weighted average score of a candidate.
“Courses have carrying capacities and there is no way having 50percent or more can automatically guarantee admission. Using the experience of last year as a case study, [color=#000099]Prof. Ayorinde said candidates that score less than 70percent would not be admitted.[/color]

what does he mean by that statement.
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Lvdlexy(m): 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2010
Prof Ayorinde ain't d senate, so d decision is gonna b taken by d senate which comprises of deans and top academics. As regards to 70, dunno 4 now but think it means dat, 70 above wil b considered first. No panicking, Wish u guyz al d best.
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by hayprof(m): 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2010
Lvdlexy:

30k self contain house @tanke ain't visible but gat space @my lodge for 48k.

where is your lodge located, pls ?

I cld have some1 check it up for me. Thanks.
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Lvdlexy(m): 2:55pm On Aug 30, 2010
Right beside austino along university road.
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by kennyisaac(m): 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2010
omo, ds vc don dey chop beans, wat d hell does he meant by sayn below 70 ain't gettn admsn, he better nat b rite, i no fit laf, infact its not funny
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Skmoda360(m): 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2010
Oboy i tire ooo.
All i know is that i m going to get my admission into better by far school this year.
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by likenzo(f): 6:30pm On Aug 30, 2010
we dat are within the range of 50-60, what are we supposed to do?i tire oh,
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by ogogo24(m): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2010
Anybody have an idea how much a 2 bedroom flat cost now in Tanke?
Re: Greatest Unilorite: ! Ask Ur Questn by Littley(m): 10:40pm On Aug 30, 2010
Hi, pls i'm last rems std of unilorin. Pls do u know when are they going to paste our list? Or if dere is any info about 09/10 rems, briefly enlight me pls.

(1) (Reply)

Direct Entry 2011 / Get Yabatech Post Ume Scratch For Result Checker If You Outside Lagos / Ui Ibadan Distant Learning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.