Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,760 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Cancel Isialangwa North/south Fed. Con. Election Now, APGA Candidate Tells INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cancel Isialangwa North/south Fed. Con. Election Now, APGA Candidate Tells INEC (242 Views)

Uba Sani Rejects El-rufai’s Ministerial Candidate Tells Tinubu To Expect Another / INEC Declares LP's Ginger Onwusibe Elected In Isialangwa Fed Constituency (pix) / Declare Abba Yusuf The Winner Of Kano Governorship Election Now... - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cancel Isialangwa North/south Fed. Con. Election Now, APGA Candidate Tells INEC by Metrixnews: 11:03pm On Feb 25, 2019
The All Progressive Grand Alliance candidate for the Isiala North and South Houses of Representative election, Bishops Emeka Nwankpa has called for the cancellation of the election conducted in the constituency.

The Independent national Electoral Commission had declared the Candidate of the People’s Democratic party Mr. Darlington Nwokeocha the winner of the election.

The APGA candidate however described the election as a charade and insisted that it must be cancelled.

He stated that the election was marred by malfunctions of the card readers. Nwankpa alleged that many voters from the area were disenfranchised by the late arrival of INEC ad-hoc staff and election materials.

He said, “I have written a petition to the INEC and the Department of States services, calling for the cancellation of the election.

”What was done in my constituency is better described as a charade rather than election. Many eligible voters where disenfranchised by the INEC ad-hoc staff sent to my area. The ad-hoc staff arrived by 4:30 and ended the election by 5 Pm.

“In some polling units the number of votes cast did not tally with the number of voters accredited. In some unit only 30 people voted and 300 votes were recorded.

“INEC didn’t give us a credible election, that is why I’m asking for the election to be cancelled and another one conducted to allow our people vote for the candidate of their choice”.

SOURCE: https://www.abnews247.com/2019/02/breaking-cancel-isialangwa-north-south-fed-constituency-election-now-apga-candidate-tells-inec/

(1) (Reply)

The Importance Of Cryptography In Electronic Voting And Counting / Atiku Wins In Anambra / Buhari Reactions To His Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.