Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. (6380 Views)

Mapoly Student Found Dead 45 Minutes After Final Exam / Must See Hilarious Photo: Masquerade Spotted Using Atm In Lagos Nigeria / Gov Gabriel Suswan Of Benue State Uses 47 Billion Naira To Buy Pigs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by daylae(m): 10:06am On Aug 28, 2010
Engineering student of polytechnic ibadan who was trying to withdraw the last #2000 left on his account got the shock of his life when he discovered that his account balance of #2000 miraculously errupted to the tune of more than 9billion naira. After counting and recounting the figures to be sure of this big joke,he decided to withdraw #20,000 more than his original balance;but to his utmost surprise,the big joke turned out to be true.
The guy later alerted the bank branch manager about the crazy incident,and returned the 20,000 he withdrew from the machine.

Is good to know we still have honest youth out there.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by blacksta(m): 10:08am On Aug 28, 2010
Interestin - how much could one possibly withdraw without arousing suspicion in day.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by daylae(m): 10:12am On Aug 28, 2010
^yeah, i can say he made the right decision.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by amedino(m): 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2010
The guy is honest. But some guys no go even let the bank know talk more of returning the cash. It's good to be honest anyway. I just hope that bank will reward him, including the government.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by daylae(m): 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2010
The branch manager rewarded him with a "thank you". I believe to avoid any speculation of incompetency on their part,the manager tried not to blow the incident out of proportion, to save their image. The guy later said he was really disappointed the way the whole thing was handled. . .he got his friends calling him names like "mugu" afterwards.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by Vindy: 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2010
They stil wuld have traced it 2 him.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2010
~~and if they do what wil now happen?
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by Claroo(m): 2:22am On Aug 29, 2010
Opportunities comes once in a life time.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by hectorswag(m): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2010
the branch manager shld hv done better, the guy deserves a better reward for his honesty than a mere thank you
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 30, 2010
D guy na mumu, y not me
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by jude33084(m): 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2010
If he were 2 b my bro, I'll simply disbrother him.
The money cicilia ibru loan to her househelp, where is it 2day?
A 9billion naira thief is a celebrity in naija.
Police will nt use force or torture in an attempt 2 recover it.
The so called mumu would have invest alot b4 he gets caught lol.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by trusted(m): 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2010
The Guy did the right thing as far as i am concern. Now tell me, how would he withdraw the money without been caught. by ATM? I think u know the Maximum amount u can withdraw by ATM per day? How many time will it takes to withdraw 9 Billion Naira? You may still ague that he should have go to the counter to collect the cash. Assuming you are the Teller and a guy bring a withdraw slip of 500,000 Naira to you, after you check the account there is 9 Million Naira balance in the account. Please what will be your reaction looking at the status of the withdrawal? The guy have done the right thing because there is no way he can cash out the money without be caught. The Bank Manager should have rewarded him with something better then Thank You.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by favouredjb(f): 12:08am On Sep 03, 2010
The guy did the rite thing,honesty is the best policy.but thank u is too small,he shld have been given at least 100k
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by Adolak(m): 6:33am On Sep 03, 2010
Withdraw 1 million out of it, even if it will be in months. Then after that, abadon the account for 6 months. If the money was still there after the interval, then repeat the process until its all finished.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by Adolak(m): 6:36am On Sep 03, 2010
Am sure the bank manager will have a share of the sum. If it were me, then it was holy spirit that deposited it.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by Blazing99: 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2010
If it were me, I'll withdraw 100k everyday until the account is red then close it up cos if u report to banks they'll tell u "thank you" and leave you with nothing.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by CaptCavey(m): 6:35pm On Sep 07, 2010
Heard the story too. Online banking and transaction would havd been a better option. Maybe the money belongs to dangote;or one of those money looted by currupt goverment officials,and wrongly computed in the poor guy's account.
Heard the bank is actually the one with the elephant logo.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by Tosinville(m): 10:27pm On Sep 07, 2010
Lets accept the fact dat d guy surname na mumu, no be real him papa surname im dey bear, even though he's withdrawin 50k everyday thru atm machine is a thing, i believe after "thank you" now, the guy is regrettin hell of his life.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2010
I would have done same thing by simply returning the money. After all it is not mine. Vanity upon vanity all is vanity.Honesty is d best policy and good is beta than gold.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by melifew213(m): 6:25am On Sep 09, 2010
That boy will be broke for life. Come to think of it hw will dey put 9billion naira in a savings if it is not fraud within the bank. You standard bank policy for you to have that kind of money in your account it must be a special account and when anti fraud agencies check peoples bank account dey don't look at savings account so what happened was that they moved the money frm one political or fraudster account to that account to cool off while the search last. Why did the bank clear all trace of the money in his account by saturday morning nobody can tell me that it was a mistake if I am the boy I will withdraw 100k that day by 1200am am at the atm and will withdraw another 100k till the money leaves my account nobody will question me. Cos they will be no record of such happenings in the bank
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by daylae(m): 10:20am On Sep 09, 2010
Hmmm. . .
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by Big2bore(m): 11:03am On Sep 10, 2010
Guys, what if it was a miracle from God. Is just like when you see a bag of gannar must go, full of plenty money and went and report it to a police officer because he is claiming to be a good boy. He should have waited for some time before he report the issue to the manager. At times we make big mistakes because we dont take our time to tink before we make decisions. What if it was not a mistak from the bank.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by chelseabmw(m): 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2010
if na me. . . . . . .I swear i go withdraw 100k that day. . . .cos 100k nor go mk the owner find me
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by Learners04(m): 12:00am On Sep 14, 2010
Though everyone may think this guy is a fool yet he has done d right thing,GOD is going to reward even if man don't. His generation will not suffer.
Don't be suprised when u see him transported of d country soon.honesty and godliness are surely d best policy.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by AKMoney1(m): 11:47am On Sep 14, 2010
Well, i will say he did the right thing too but if it was me i will make sure i get some reasonable figure out of it either thru atm or online banking. But come to think of it the money is too much,haba 9,000 millions. How he wan take do am. But i hear say dem give am scholarship and some money and he's now a pubic figure and a celebrity. His name is everywhere and small time now he will be in money as they will be begging him for endorsement. Watch out.
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by elrony(m): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2010
i neva new dat certified migambos still dey naija chei, 9 billie, i swear i go withdraw 2 mills in 2 weeks b4 anythin

afterall i didnt rob anybody at gunpoint, it was ATM miracle lol, the guy na confirm gentile''
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 20, 2010
There's no need calling him names, there is no way he can retain or withdraw the money without the bank authorities been aware of it. He has done the best thing by notifying them, if not they will change it to another thing for him. Naija?.?.?
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by Curtis10(m): 11:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
melifew213: That boy will be broke for life. Come to think of it hw will dey put 9billion naira in a savings if it is not fraud within the bank. You standard bank policy for you to have that kind of money in your account it must be a special account and when anti fraud agencies check peoples bank account dey don't look at savings account so what happened was that they moved the money frm one political or fraudster account to that account to cool off while the search last. Why did the bank clear all trace of the money in his account by saturday morning nobody can tell me that it was a mistake if I am the boy I will withdraw 100k that day by 1200am am at the atm and will withdraw another 100k till the money leaves my account nobody will question me. Cos they will be no record of such happenings in the bank
you thought smart my broda. Nobody can announce or report such incident. Some guys here with less understanding uses the word "caught" "thief". This words dont make sense in this case. The money was deposited into his account by an unknown good samaritan for all i care...and before the bank will remove it...atleast, his life will not be the same again. He has the right to benefit from that fraudulent transaction since it was his account they used. And the bank can't report because EFCC will seize the money
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by tpia5: 7:02am On Jan 05, 2014
nice?
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by hotmolo(m): 1:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
The guy did the right tin by reporting. But mehn if na una, wetin una go do?
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by Ibraheem1905: 11:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
The guy is the leader of mugus... That money must be part of the money politicians wanted to embezzle. If it is 9 million, the owner may be innocent but 9 billion, who individuallly has ever seen dat money except dangote!!! That guy should wake up. I would not return the money if it were me. I would just open another bank account, withdraw the daily limit at ATM machine everyday and saving it in that new account, transferring through internet/mobile banking till the money finishes
Re: Student Found 9 Billion Naira On Account While Using Atm. by dstnd: 1:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
Adolak:
Withdraw 1 million out of it, even if it will be in months. Then after that, abadon the account for 6 months. If the money was still there after the interval, then repeat the process until its all finished.
sharp guy unto. Stufidity

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The First Thing U Touch When U Wake Up Every Morning? / Is This The End For 190 / Email Delivery Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.