Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,632 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Carabao Cup: Chelsea Fine Goalkeeper Kepa After Coach Sarri Substitution Bust-up - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Carabao Cup: Chelsea Fine Goalkeeper Kepa After Coach Sarri Substitution Bust-up (341 Views)

Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool / Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Fined £190,000 For Refusing To Be Substituted In EFL Cup / Chelsea Goalkeeper Kepa Releases Statement To Clear Up Strange Sub Situation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carabao Cup: Chelsea Fine Goalkeeper Kepa After Coach Sarri Substitution Bust-up by mysportdab: 7:23am On Feb 26, 2019
Chelsea have fined Goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga a week's wages after his bust-up with Coach Maurizio Sarri in the Carabao Cup final.

The 24-year-old was playing in his first competitive final for the Blues against Manchester City at Wembley when he hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

With just minutes to go at the end of extra time, Maurizio Sarri prepared Willy Caballero to come on as substitute.

The youngster had just gone down with cramp, and it appeared that he was unable to continue.

However, he refused to come off despite being told to do so by Sarri and assistant manager Gianfranco Zola, while David Luiz had to come over and talk to him.Kepa was seen gesturing at the bench and waving his finger, as he defied his boss’s wishes.

Sarri was incensed by the move, and slammed a water bottle on his seat before storming down the tunnel.

Chelsea went on to lose the penalty shootout 4-3, as Raheem Sterling hammered the deciding spot kick into the top corner.

But late on Monday, MySportDab reports it was announced bythe club that he had been fined a week's wages.

In response, Kepa apologised whilst admitting he made a mistake.

“I was very happy to play in my first Cup Final for Chelsea yesterday and very proud of the team performance,” he said in a statement.

“I have thought a lot more about yesterday’s events.“Although there was a misunderstanding, on reflection, I made a big mistake with how I handled the situation.

“I wanted to take the time today to apologise fully and in person to the coach, to Willy, my team-mates and to the club.

See more;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/02/carabao-cup-chelsea-fine-goalkeeper.html

cc;Lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique

Re: Carabao Cup: Chelsea Fine Goalkeeper Kepa After Coach Sarri Substitution Bust-up by GOFRONT(m): 7:25am On Feb 26, 2019
Good one
Re: Carabao Cup: Chelsea Fine Goalkeeper Kepa After Coach Sarri Substitution Bust-up by fernandez1(m): 7:33am On Feb 26, 2019
Yeah good as expected
Re: Carabao Cup: Chelsea Fine Goalkeeper Kepa After Coach Sarri Substitution Bust-up by MJBOLT: 7:38am On Feb 26, 2019
BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool striker Mo Salah has been ruled out for 6 months for inhaling too much dust after opening Liverpool trophy cabinet

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo To Miss Juventus Vs Ajax Clash / MANCHESTER CITY Star Buys 550 FA Cup Semi-final Tickets For Student's / Woman Caught While Trying To Use Her Daughter As Collateral For A Loan Of N20,00

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.