Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,100 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

2019 Election: Systematic Disenfranchisement Of The SE By Vote Suppression - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: Systematic Disenfranchisement Of The SE By Vote Suppression (303 Views)

Maduka: Woman Dies After Disenfranchisement At Anambra PDP Guber Primary / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election: Systematic Disenfranchisement Of The SE By Vote Suppression by naijapips04: 9:21am On Feb 26, 2019
This election has turned out to be one of the worst the country has witnessed. With mass killings, opposition intimidation, ballot snatching mostly by security men, election results rewriting and a whole lot of irregularities.

What is most worrying to me is how the SE states have been systematically differenchise by vote suppression. How?

If you have been following results from SE states so far, you would notice a high number of vote cancellation due to 'unaccredited votes' or what they might also call "card readers not used for accreditation'.

What happened is that in most SE states, compromised card readers were issues to PUs. During the election day proper, most card readers in the east didn't just work. And corp members were instructed by their supervising electoral officers to revert to manual accreditation, only for these results to be canceled.

You would notice this in already announced SE states, but also watch out for more SE states to be announced today and follow the pattern. This is an intentional Disenfranchisement of region, silencing them from exercising their constitutional rights to vote.

I hope people speak against this.
Re: 2019 Election: Systematic Disenfranchisement Of The SE By Vote Suppression by Pierced(f): 9:27am On Feb 26, 2019
I seriously hope that inec chairman will look into this disenfranchisement of pdp supporters
Re: 2019 Election: Systematic Disenfranchisement Of The SE By Vote Suppression by naijapips04: 9:57am On Feb 26, 2019
Pierced:
I seriously hope that inec chairman will look into this disenfranchisement of pdp supporters

The way it's looking, they guy will just declare the results. It's been planned a longtime and the guy knows all about it.

(1) (Reply)

Those Figures Coming From KKKYB Are Ridiculous Figures / INEC Declares Buhari Winner Of Presidential Election / See How Adams Oshiomole Jump And Dance As Buhari Wins The Presidential Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.