Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Nairaland Uses Tables!! - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nairaland Uses Tables!! (3173 Views)

How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables / Combining Many Tables In Mysql / How To Add Up Tables Using Php (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Uses Tables!! by SilverG33k(m): 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2019
Olalekank:

I see you find the fact that using machine learning on nairaland funny. I was actually the one who made the comment. If someone had told Facebook Facebook to use machine learning in 2005, you probably could have just laughed this same way.

Can you tell me what you find amusing about using machine learning on nairaland?

Did you actually read the "use" of machine learning that I stated?

Nah, I skipped, lmao, a forum that didn't even update its emoji
Re: Nairaland Uses Tables!! by Olalekank(m): 2:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
SilverG33k:

Nah, I skipped, lmao, a forum that didn't even update its emoji
You didn't pass any message.
Re: Nairaland Uses Tables!! by CodeLord001(m): 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2019
Seriously, I see this Seun guy as Satoshi Nakamoto (The guy who created Bitcoin)
I believe after creating nairaland, he disappeared into the thin air, he simply doesn't exist anymore (I dont mean death oh)
This is 2019 and Nairaland is still like this... There are alot of features this forum is lacking... Well am not quite surprised even his website seunosewa.com was last updated like 8 years ago...

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Uses Tables!! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 02, 2019
CodeLord001:
Seriously, I see this Seun guy as Satoshi Nakamoto (The guy who created Bitcoin)
I believe after creating nairaland, he disappeared into the thin air, he simply doesn't exist anymore (I dont mean death oh)
This is 2019 and Nairaland is still like this... There are alot of features this forum is lacking... Well am not quite surprised even his website seunosewa.com was last updated like 8 years ago...

I believe nairaland is simply a cash cow for him, although i noticed some minor addition/features overtime, which shows he's still involved in some way and still does some touches every now and then, but nothing very obvious

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Uses Tables!! by edicied: 2:25am On Mar 03, 2019
Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
Re: Nairaland Uses Tables!! by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 03, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Did he build Nairaland himself?
Thought it was a CMS called SMF or something like that he used.

Tables are still cool as long as there are folks still using old browsers out there. Some people use browsers as old as IE 6 and even opera of 5 years ago.

Yeah he didn't build it himself
Re: Nairaland Uses Tables!! by MrImole: 5:49pm On Mar 25, 2019
LiveByNight:

Who built it then if not him?
Re: Nairaland Uses Tables!! by DonX001: 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2019
CodeLord001:

Looool!!! Very funny comments on this thread indeed! grin grin grin
And at the same time very reasonable comments too!
A lot of the suggestions make sense.

I personally think he handles Nairaland like an abandoned project, with the way he's allowed the forum become a dump of crap with silly mods bringing stewwpeed topics to front page. This is very unlike how it was when he started, over the first 5-7years.

But like someone said, there's no competition, so he's not motivated to change.
Once there's viable competition, he'll be forced to sit up or go bust.

He shouldn't worry, competition's coming soon. I can guarantee him that. Probably in less than a year. There's a limit to how long a monopoly can last without constantly reinventing/improving itself.
Re: Nairaland Uses Tables!! by DonX001: 7:36pm On Mar 25, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Did he build Nairaland himself?
Thought it was a CMS called SMF or something like that he used.

Trolla:

A CMS?, wow, I naively always thought he built it from scratch...makes a lot of sense sense now

LiveByNight:

MrImole:

Who built it then if not him?

He initially started it with a free forum script he got for free or bought very cheap (SMF aka Simple Machine Forums). It was what a lot of forums online were using at the time because it was free and readily available, and worked quite well.
As time went on, he made some tweaks to the software to suit his own needs.
Eventually, the forum's needs grew beyond what SMF could provide, so he had to code the site afresh using his own code, and then migrated the site to the new custom software he built. That was some years ago, I think around 2012 or so, can't remember.

So that answers you guys' questions, you guys are all right in some way.
Summary: Initially he started with SMF which he got for free or very cheap and was used by many forums at the time, then over time he tweaked it, then eventually built his own forum software which is what Nairaland is running on currently.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Spynote RAT V6.5 And Hack Android Devices Remotely / Help To How To Create A Quiz System Using VB.NET / POS Terminal For Recharge Card, Bill Payment And Money Transfer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.