Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Igbo Are Taking Over Our Lands Narrative - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Are Taking Over Our Lands Narrative (587 Views)

CONAECDA To Herdsmen: We Are Coming After You To Reclaim Our Lands, Communities / FFK: The COVID-19 Vaccines We Are Taking In Nigeria Are Not Bill Gates Vaccines / Buhari, Bandits Are Taking Over Here - Punch Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Are Taking Over Our Lands Narrative by IkpuMmadu: 8:16am On Feb 27, 2019
Tayo Fasuan wrote on Facebook

I've wanted to stay away from this Igbo-Yoruba issue again, but I've been seeing some narratives that keep making my blood boils.

And the recent one has to do with how Igbos are 'taking over our lands'. And this is where I lost it.

Look, if you are of the opinion that Igbos are taking over your lands, whatever that means, I want to categorically call you a fool, and I don't care if your feelings are hurt.

I mean what the actual Bleep?!

One, whose lands exactly are they taking over? The ones you inherited or what? The ones you left undeveloped or another one? The ones you sold them at inflated rate or which one? Abeg shift base!

Instead of complaining about their encroachment, why not develop some balls and go and take over their lands as well? Why not offer them ludicrous amount of money for a plot of land and see if they won't sell? Why not leave your families and kin behind and go to a land you know absolutely nobody and settle their? Why not leave your comfort zone that you are not developing and not progressing in and settle down somewhere and grow?

I keep defending my race that we are not cowards, but when I look at this critically, we really are. We have no mind and balls to settle anywhere else because obviously, everyone is dangerous. We can't live in the North or the East because everyone except us is dangerous. I don't want to insult those who have lost lives and properties in intertribal wars in both areas of the country, but we need to peel our eyes back and see properly.

We are just scared. Yes, scared. Myself inclusive.

Scared of being adventurous. Scared of being away from our people. Scared of losing and starting again. Scared of competition. Scared of everything that other major tribes ain't scared of.

Two years ago, I went to a part of my state that I've never been to before. I never even knew the place existed. Guess who had the only mini market in that village? Yeah damn right. An Igbo boy. Not a man. A boy. He sells everything they want. I was amazed. I spent close to 30 minutes interrogating him. He was barely 20years old. Yes, I was scared for him.

And that's how it is in the whole country. The Igbos remain the only tribe in the country that are never afraid of going to new places to establish. If they fail in a business, they start another one. I keep seeing them everyday in my town, trying selling something new every time. Trying to make it despite the obvious hostility around them. Most of us who are complaining about them would rather buy from them than the Yorubas.

They keep going to places to create new things, and all we do is beef them. The first major supermarket in Ado-Ekiti, Okoli, was from an Igbo man. The current trending one, NAO Supermarket, is owned by an Igbo. The entire bank road of Ado-Ekiti was bought by an Igbo man in the late 80s and 90s, and he has been selling to all the banks in that areas since then.

And what are we busy doing? Shitting in our pants shouting "They are taking over our lands". Hehehehehehehehe!!! Fada Lawd! Our entire computer villages are littered with them. They move out and own shit! We...? We just sit our asses down and complain about how the money they use in buying all these are blood and ritual money! Hehehehehehehehe!!! Really?! A Yoruba man calling an Igbo man a ritualist! Fada Lawd!

Even the Northerners are setting up Shasha markets all around us, and where the heck are we and what are we doing in their own states? Nothing.

Let's grow some balls. No one will 'eat' us in Igbo lands. I served in the interiors of Anambra, precisely in Akpo in Aguata Local Government, in a community school inside the bush there. I trek daily inside that Bush for a whole bloody year, and no one ate me or used me for money. They gave me foods, they offered their daughters to me in marriage. They wanted me to settle among them. I know those who cried when I was leaving. I know those of my colleagues that settled there. I know of many Yorubas that established there and are making it, dammit!

#Sigh. I've never been angry like this in a long while, and now I'm exhausted. ����. Let's treat each others like humans first. Let's remove this tribal labelling. Rwandan has done it and is moving forward. Even Nigerians feel more at home in South Africa, the xenophobic country, more than they would feel with other tribes in Nigeria.

And if we feel all these aren't possible, then let's fucking part ways and establish our own separate kingdoms. But like my mum said "Take away the Igbos and see your community become empty".

Enough said!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Are Taking Over Our Lands Narrative by Franklyspeakin: 8:20am On Feb 27, 2019
God bless u
Re: Igbo Are Taking Over Our Lands Narrative by phase1: 8:29am On Feb 27, 2019
Hard truths!

Lalasticlala, this deserves front page.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Are Taking Over Our Lands Narrative by greenguy: 8:30am On Feb 27, 2019
A bitter truth....reminds me of the saying 'Before you criticize, malign or hate another, look yourself in the mirror '.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Are Taking Over Our Lands Narrative by Originakalokalo(m): 8:40am On Feb 27, 2019
Igbo taking over Lagos is a wrong statement that is meant to incite violence.....

There is nothing like that.. This belief is only on nairaland...in reality, it is not true.

That said, all strangers should respect their host and pray for their success. While land owners should not oppress the strangers.

This is biblical

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Are Taking Over Our Lands Narrative by Chipink(f): 8:55am On Feb 27, 2019
phase1:
Hard truths!

Lalasticlala, this deserves front page.

If u are expecting to see this on front page then u are wasting ur time.

They won't move it to front page because it's a Yoruba man telling his fellow yorubas the bitter truth.
But if this post is against IGBOS they would have moved it to front page without verification.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Are Taking Over Our Lands Narrative by tysontim(m): 8:56am On Feb 27, 2019
There are actually more Northerners in Lagos than Igbos. 2023 should be the goal. Power won't return to South if we don't come together.

The mistake OBJ and GEJ made was not making South and North 8 yrs predsidential rotation a law.
Re: Igbo Are Taking Over Our Lands Narrative by Cantonese: 9:08am On Feb 27, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Igbo taking over Lagos is a wrong statement that is meant to incite violence.....

There is nothing like that.. This belief is only on nairaland...in reality, it is not true.

That said, all strangers should respect their host and pray for their success. While land owners should not oppress the strangers.

This is biblical

God bless Nigeria.

That's neither here no there. The hard truth out there is the claim of the Yorubas that the Igbos are taking over their lands. It is meant also to incite the Yorubas against the Igbos. Please if you live in Lagos it will be very deceptive if you claim that you do not know about the deliberate refusal of a lot of Yoruba landlords to rent out their houses to non Yorubas.

I was in Ladipo market yesterday and I spoke with a Yoruba lady. She clearly said the Igbos are takin over their lands. She asked why the Igbos would stay in Yoruba land and vote PDP instead of APC. For her those were the reason for the crisis in Oshodi.

If you fail to reason along with the OP it is either that you are simply biased or you have not given it a careful thought. The Yorubas in the east have not been eaten as claimed. Many Yorubas go to the east and never want to get back. Many Yorubas, even with their deep tribal marks speak very fluent Igbo language. Many Yorubas belong to some Igbo social clubs. The aso ebi culture of the Yorubas has been copied by the Igbos. You are always welcome in the South east and South south. The problem with the uninformed is what they hear from their leaders in Yoruba land. They just listen to wrong stories and carry fake news everywhere.

My dear friend it is said that without venture you cannot succeed. If Tinubu did not Action congress with Buhari's CPC the party would still be a regional party today. Now Yorubas go to campaign with the APC all over the country and they are accepted in Igbo land.

We need to pray for the blind Yorubas to see.

How will you feel if a prospective landlord charges higher rent because you are Igbo? Lands become costlier because you are Igbo. It is most unfair. The Yorubas should be shed the garment of rascism and let us have greater communal living.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Are Taking Over Our Lands Narrative by Glorymax: 9:17am On Feb 27, 2019
The statement that Igbos are the only tribe that truly believe in one Nigeria can not be denied. However, the treatment they get atimes leads to the question if one Nigeria actually exist. For those who understands that Igbos are not out to dominate anyone but believei in a free space for struggle, thanks for your understanding. They are Republican and remains so, no one individual can Lord it over Igbo nation or clan.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Are Taking Over Our Lands Narrative by Originakalokalo(m): 9:33am On Feb 27, 2019
Cantonese:

That's neither here no there. The hard truth out there is the claim of the Yorubas that the Igbos are taking over their lands. It is meant also to incite the Yorubas against the Igbos. Please if you live in Lagos it will be very deceptive if you claim that you do not know about the deliberate refusal of a lot of Yoruba landlords to rent out their houses to non Yorubas.

I was in Ladipo market yesterday and I spoke with a Yoruba lady. She clearly said the Igbos are takin over their lands. She asked why the Igbos would stay in Yoruba land and vote PDP instead of APC. For her those were the reason for the crisis in Oshodi.

If you fail to reason along with the OP it is either that you are simply biased or you have not given it a careful thought. The Yorubas in the east have not been eaten as claimed. Many Yorubas go to the east and never want to get back. Many Yorubas, even with their deep tribal marks speak very fluent Igbo language. Many Yorubas belong to some Igbo social clubs. The aso ebi culture of the Yorubas has been copied by the Igbos. You are always welcome in the South east and South south. The problem with the uninformed is what they hear from their leaders in Yoruba land. They just listen to wrong stories and carry fake news everywhere.

My dear friend it is said that without venture you cannot succeed. If Tinubu did not Action congress with Buhari's CPC the party would still be a regional party today. Now Yorubas go to campaign with the APC all over the country and they are accepted in Igbo land.

We need to pray for the blind Yorubas to see.

How will you feel if a prospective landlord charges higher rent because you are Igbo? Lands become costlier because you are Igbo. It is most unfair. The Yorubas should be shed the garment of rascism and let us have greater communal living.

If all you have said are true, then it is most unfortunate. Biblical principles do not permit this.

There may be likely reasons for this..

1. Politicians have succeeded in planting a seed of discord in the minds of the minds of hospitable Yorubas.

Politicians want discord in order to get power.... In a place where unity reigns, this is difficult.

2. Igbos may also be rubbing their successes right in the face of the Yoruba who gave them the enabling environment....

This is against biblical principles.

If this is true, they are responsible for the hardship meted out on them.

You don't sow corn and reap yam. It is a law of nature ...

3. The spirit of envy and hatred may be working in the land.... Egyptians envied Israel because of their numbers.... We know the consequences that followed.

The problem with the 21st century is that we disregard the spiritual, being ignorant of the fact that it controls the physical....

Demons operate freely from the heart of men unnoticed.

Men think they are in charge of their minds.....

So, Igbos should pray and seek God's face... Idolatry should also be eradicated in the land....

By the way,

Who do you listen to? Evil thoughts or Godly thought?

You are a master of whom you obey. This is what the Bible says.

Believe and obey Jesus, do good and you will rest in peace after death...

Obey the devil and do evil, you won't rest in peace.

Not all that are dead rest in peace.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Amaechi Loses As Appeal Court Sacks Tonye Cole Again / Former President Of Ghana, Jerry Rawlings Spotted Clearing Traffic In Accra / See Photos From President Buhari’s Election Victory Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.