Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? (4832 Views)

Apc News Tv, An Internet Tv Coming Soon / Buhari Sacks Director-Generals Of NTA, NBC, NOA & 3 Others / Ambode & Tinubu Commission Mile 12-Ikorodu BRT Extention & New BRT Buses (2) (3) (4)

Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by solarrate: 9:18pm On Apr 24, 2007
I concluded over this last elections that BEN TV is not an independent television station but the London headquarters of NTA. It has clearly shown that it is owned by the government. The lousy station could not give an independent coverage of Nigeria's election. I'm certain it was for fear of loosing revenue.

We left Nigeria because there was no freedom of press, we are in Jand and we still have to be subjected to this same silliness. I think it's time to boycott BEN TV, what do you think?
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by DisGuy: 12:10am On Apr 25, 2007
BEN TV are trying to provide a service to the black community especially 'Nigerians/Africans in diaspora', they partnered with AIT and now NTA to show nigeria/african programmes. Ait is obviously private and NTA is owned by the govt.

They are not that big to cover the elections or have their own reporters file reports straight from nigeria, as they say half bread.  .   .   .
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by solarrate: 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2007
I'm sorry but it's not about being big. In my view, it's about BEN TV not having scruples. BEN TV partnered with AIT (an independent station) and what we got was the true picture of Nigeria. Why did they decide to switch allegiance and team up with NTA? How many figure sum were they given? Is there someone out there from BEN TV that can defend the decision to change? Is there someone from AIT that can shed some light? I am livid.

And on a seperate note, you mentioned half bread, I submit that in actual fact there was absolutely no bread, I repeat NO BREAD.
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by DisGuy: 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2007
prior to ben tv, where did you watch nigerian films, sports and news by nigeria people?

i dont know the reason they change but NTA apart from their news have better and clearer programmes than AIT. imo
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by alabiyemmy(m): 9:25pm On Apr 25, 2007
solarrate:

We left Nigeria because there was no freedom of press, we are in Jand and we still have to be subjected to this same silliness. I think it's time to boycott BEN TV, what do you think?

Why not speak for yourself? We as in everybody left Nigeria because there was no freedom of press? and then you call someone's efort silliness? and then u said we are subjected, as if it is a must to watch it? and then you suggested a boycott? hmm - I smell a Nigerian talking there, cant do but will blame those who do try to do something.

If you dont like it, simply dont watch it, thats why the remote control is there.
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by anusule(m): 11:11pm On Apr 25, 2007
pls dont be vexed. its actually outta topic, but i want to know hw to get ben tv here in uk
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by DisGuy: 11:57pm On Apr 25, 2007
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by shockreaction(m): 7:27am On Apr 26, 2007
I can't seem to understand why I would want to watch Nigerian TV when I'm outside Nigeria. The quality of the programmes is very poor among other things.

I could stomach Silverbird Television from time to time, but that's just about it. Nothing else holds substance.
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by Rodent: 8:25am On Apr 26, 2007
The year is 2007 and going by some of the previous comments, the mindset of many still hasnt changed. It is the lies, deceit and lack of integrity that makes NG the mess that it is currently that could lead BEN TV to broadcast that NTA led government tosh.
Sugar-coated views of how great the elections were and how happy the people are to be decieved and have their human rights stolen from them.
With regard to the quality of the programming it is sad that pple would boycott watching, when without a shadow of doubt there are broadcast and multimedia gurus out there who could lend a helping hand to make things better. Let us all not forget the fact that we are not 'oyibo' but refugees in a land that would rather not have us, let's start to think of how we can improve our own.
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by romeo(m): 8:37am On Apr 26, 2007
i just wrote BENtv and i told them their idea of NTA is a bad one because everybody knows that NTA is a govt. network that is always feeding us with govt. propaganda and that is not good for press freedom

isn't NTA the largest tv network in Africa? and it's so ironic that they are hooking a smaller network to get to the world!!!

to my own understanding the govt. is trying to close all the sources of real information from nigeria so they will be in control and they have achieved that, and just by telling us they are the largest tv network in Africa shows their mindset and they are just a bunch of liars

yes i think ben is an extension of nta
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by awoof(m): 11:40am On Apr 26, 2007
Dis Guy:

prior to ben tv, where did you watch nigerian films, sports and news by nigeria people?

i don't know the reason they change but NTA apart from their news have better and clearer programmes than AIT. imo
Dis Guy:

i don't know the reason they change but NTA apart from their news have better and clearer programmes than AIT. imo
alabiyemmy:

Why not speak for yourself? We as in everybody left Nigeria because there was no freedom of press? and then you call someone's efort silliness? and then u said we are subjected, as if it is a must to watch it? and then you suggested a boycott? hmm - I smell a Nigerian talking there, can't do but will blame those who do try to do something.

If you don't like it, simply don't watch it, thats why the remote control is there.

God bless you for your response. the only one that interests me is that the guy said they all laft Naija becos there is no press freedom ha! (no bi jobs again?) i wonder what some Nigerians are turning themselve into.
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by Leadmyster(m): 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2007
I dont think Ben Tv is being used by the government in anyway, as Disguy said, they have no correspondents in Nigeria and rely on the NTA to get Nigerian news here to us in the UK.

These are my assumptions: -

I want to remind you that AIT and other private channels are subject to control from the NBC/NTA, could it be that they banned them from sending broadcast materials to BEN TV ?

I hear AIT has been facing victimization from the government lately, some of thier staff were arrested by SSS and important machinery confiscated.

Are we sure they are still in business in Nigeria?

if they are, could it be that the materials confiscated by Govt. officials are necessary for broadcast outside Nigeria?

Could it also be that BEN TV had no choice but to subscribe to NTA?
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by solarrate: 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2007
awoof:

God bless you for your response. the only one that interests me is that the guy said they all laft Naija because there is no press freedom ha! (no bi jobs again?) i wonder what some Nigerians are turning themselve into.

Ya got me real good. Leaving Naija had nothing to do with media control, I be 100% economic refugee.

shockreaction:

I can't seem to understand why I would want to watch Nigerian TV when I'm outside Nigeria. The quality of the programmes is very poor among other things.

Bottom line, I miss home.
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by superman(m): 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2007
ppl just cant stop $hittig around damn!
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by omon(m): 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2007
AIT is the most unserious station in Naija. since the 90s when they started, they have neither improved on their programmes nor pictures.

I subscribe to BEN working with NTA, they have better programming and clearer pictures. I can't even bare watch AIT with my wife (non-Nigerian).

Do no forget BEN is not anti govt but an avenue for us to integrate back home.
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by awoof(m): 3:47am On Apr 27, 2007
solarrate:

Ya got me real good. Leaving Naija had nothing to do with media control, I be 100% economic refugee.

Bottom line, I miss home.

Three gbosas cheesy cheesy cheesy for your magnanimity in accepting that "na wetin you go chop carry you go obodo oyinbo" just like millions of other Nigerians abroad. The point is no matter how bad that country is we should stop running it down. I miss home too though my own "na suru to lojo"
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by sw2soufldn(m): 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2007
ben tv sucks and nta is shit dey onli show wat d gov wants us to see. i was also curious as to y ben suddenly changed to nta durin d elections and not stick wit ait anyways dts der problem evryone jus watch channel u 360.
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by DisGuy: 2:58pm On Apr 27, 2007
channel u lmao shocked
you must be having a laff mate!!
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by son(m): 10:49am On Apr 28, 2007
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by solarrate: 2:32pm On Apr 28, 2007
@son
I have a strong hunch that you are a staff of BEN TV, you seem to be armed with valued knowledge of the organisation. Now we can have a direct discussion about the issue.

BEN TV is a channel that is known for it's black viewers particularly Nigerians and in my view the organisation ignored it's core business during the last elections in Nigeria. It would appear as though someone didn't make the right decision.

There is the need to have a clear policy regarding election coverage. I can appreciate your talking about 250gb etc but I still maintain that if there was the need to partner with NTA then it should not have been an exclusive contract. In the past, BEN TV partnered with both AIT and NTA. Yes! AIT was on at 7.00pm and NTA was on at 11.00pm. Why wasn't this arrangement maintained through the election period?

You talked about meagre £20 being paid by advertisers, well in my view, that's business. Until you establish your brand, people are going to make ridiculous offers and it is up you to accept or refuse. However, it is always important to envisage these things and work them into your business plan from inception.

Anyway BEN TV, please accept your error of judgement and let's lay this thread to rest.

Chao!
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by superman(m): 3:20pm On Apr 28, 2007
solarrate  i dnt really know what u are tryin to imply? u are not making any sense as u think .

trust me $hit dnt stop

BEN or no BEN nigerians here get a grip to watch the motherland

now wht u perceive might not be what thousands of nigerians out there perceive my friend

your opinion is entirely your wahala

THESE ARE FOOLS THAT RATHER BUY WHITE MAIN STREAM NEWS PAPERS AT THE EXPENSE OF THEIR OWN

SEE THEIR SMELLY MOUTH

YEYESSSS!

its just like sometimes when u tune to BBC 24 news live u might get to see ABC news hmmm in your humble opinion thats an american extention huh?

listen its about time people should cease  chattin away bulls  to figure out how they can contribute in fixin up nigeria for goood

JESUS!!!!!!!!
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by sisimose(f): 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2007
Guys i know we suppose to support Nigerian effort but it pains me to say what i am about to say, Does OBEtv not put us to shame? they are also an African channel , though run by Ghanians, but you should see the quality of programmes , am i lying?
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by omon(m): 11:18pm On Apr 30, 2007
Una don come again. I see no difference in programming between OBE and BEN
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by DisGuy: 11:23pm On Apr 30, 2007
true but i think BEN don they catch up seems they femi 'innit' amusan and co don go proper training

and they are now getting funding from LDA and some other govt funds
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by superman(m): 7:25pm On May 01, 2007
obe is $hit
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by sisimose(f): 8:31pm On May 01, 2007
:-x
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by son(m): 11:46am On May 02, 2007
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by Rodent: 10:08pm On May 03, 2007
superman although entitled to his opinions is an uncultured lout given his manner of self expression
blindness is also setting in if he feels BEN is on par with OBE
He is a typical example of the naija attitude that anything is acceptable.
c'mon oyibo dont have 2 heads u know, we need to set decent standards and aspire for the best
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by superman(m): 11:12pm On May 03, 2007
superman although entitled to his opinions is an uncultured lout given his manner of self expression
blindness is also setting in if he feels BEN is on par with OBE
He is a typical example of the naija attitude that anything is acceptable.
c'mon oyibo don't have 2 heads u know, we need to set decent standards and aspire for the best

Rodent  u are on your own so called cultured world my friend. No time for games.

well this is not a cassava farm wey that rodent fit attack the tubes. carry go

i repeat BEN is better that OBE U KNOW
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by DisGuy: 11:47pm On May 04, 2007
How far , superman longest time wink

Do you guys listen to 'Alhaji' during the phone-in grin grin
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by sisimose(f): 8:02pm On May 05, 2007
lmao
that Alhaji is a nutter lmao, yes oh, i listen to him, mr opinionated himself. I remember one time he phoned in during the elections talk and he got cut off, he called back complaining in his thick Hausa accent saying they should let him finish. I always fear that man would have a heart attack on air.
Re: Is BEN TV An Extention Of NTA? by superman(m): 9:04pm On May 05, 2007
Dis Guy yes ooo i dey ok

as for alhaji that man is a joker. sometimes i wonder if BEN tv call up , course he always get through on the phone whenever there is a show

Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested / Lose Weight With Ease Naturally Within 9 Days Without Any Side Effect. / Fpp’s Vote Not Fight Campaign Ahead Of 2019 Election Get A Morale Boost

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50