Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Total Nigeria Selection Test - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Total Nigeria Selection Test (7464 Views)

Total Nigeria Plc Is Recruiting / Total Nigeria Is Recruiting Massively!!! / SHELL : Invitation To Technical Graduate Selection Test. What Should I Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Total Nigeria Selection Test by mekenry(m): 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2010
Hi Guys, just want to know if anyone has been called for the TEST selection for IT ENGINEERS. I have not received any mail since I applied.
So pls I want to know if TOTAL has called for their selection test for this position.

tks.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by mekenry(m): 9:07pm On Aug 31, 2010
Does it mean that nobody has been called for a TEST for IT ENGINEER position in TOTAL plc.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by Fortune444: 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2010
hi guys,

i understand that total have started calling for the second stage interviews (panel presentation), am still hoping for my call.

Can some one so kind advise the format for this panel presentation or tips for success.

stay blessed in advance.

1 Like

Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by eeseef: 6:21pm On Sep 21, 2010
please any idea if they have called geologist /
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by bennie1980(m): 12:42pm On Sep 22, 2010
Has anyone been called for Payment Officers' Interview?
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by JahMan1: 9:39am On Sep 23, 2010
@Fortune444,

when did they invite them?
which positions are they inviting?
is it by fone or e-mail as usual?
what position are u expecting,finance-related?
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by segunolad(m): 10:48am On Sep 23, 2010
I wrote my selection Test at PH on the 31st august, 2010 for the position of an IT Engineer howevere I have not been called for the second stage of the interview. I which to know if Total has started calling the IT engineers for the second stage of the interview.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by JahMan1: 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2010
Methink Total's claim to tidy up everything about the employment by 1st of October is unattainable.
I am still praying and sure God will see me through as I wait for my invitation for presentation.
Amen!
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by napoleon77(m): 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2010
@Jahman, I am waiting for mine with U!!!!!!!!! It must come SOON!!!
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by Fortune444: 10:12pm On Sep 23, 2010
napoleon/jahman, i wait wit you guys.
Do you have any idea of the format of the presentation panel stage? i hear its a random topic
thanks.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by segunolad(m): 11:40am On Sep 24, 2010
Pls can anyone in the house help concerning the IT Engineer 2nd test. Has total started calling.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by JahMan1: 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2010
Any news?
I was over-qualified and told to apply for a more suitable position next time.
Lol!
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by napoleon77(m): 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Jahman, R U serious or joking??I havent heard from them but I was informed by some other candidates that they have started sending rejection mails
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by JahMan1: 6:32pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Napoleon,
I am serious.
If you do not have any mail yet,then you are likely to be taken.
Goodluck!
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by napoleon77(m): 6:37pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Jahman, When did U get the mail??
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by JahMan1: 6:41pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Napoleon,
Last Friday.
they actually mentioned that my years of experience was quite above what was required and so I might feel unhappy and shortchanged if given the job.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by napoleon77(m): 6:48pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Jahman, thats odd, then Y did they let U write the test in the 1st place? What position did U apply for
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by JahMan1: 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2010
Drilling cost controller.
Meant for 3-5 yrs exp but I have more than 7 yrs.
They argue that I will be reporting to people supposed 2 be my junior in the univ.
Maybe letz just take it that it wasn't God's will for me.
They encouraged me to still apply for other positions,as my candidature is open for 24 months.During this time if shortlisted,they will waive most of what I've done.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by napoleon77(m): 7:10pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Jahman, I guess they R being considerate, Life goes on!
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by Fortune444: 7:50pm On Sep 28, 2010
Jahman., this is so sad to hear, but i will take heart that you will be called for future as i know total frequently hire for their drilling units.

Was your communication from total in mail form from the same email they invited us with for previous tests?

I wish you all the best in your endeavours, at least i consider it rather considerate that they took time to communicate on the concerns they had.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by johns009: 9:08am On Sep 29, 2010
Pls guys, has any one had about any stuff since the last panel interview in lagos for experince CPO. Are they equally sending rejection letter.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by johns009: 10:05am On Sep 29, 2010
Pls guys any update as per exp. CPO after the panel interview in lagos.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by Fortune444: 10:34am On Sep 29, 2010
dear Johnson, when was your experienced CPO test? what date?

I thought all presentations were in Port Harcourt, good to see some are taking place in Lagos.

I think the rejection letter sent above was after the interview though, not presentation.

thanks for reply
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by johns009: 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2010
@ Foetune: My was on the 17th of sept. What stage are u now and what did you apply for. Have had from any person after the presentation. send me your cell no, so that we call talk.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by saddik(m): 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2010
I got an email that I was not successful for the IT position.

I wonder what it takes to become successful these days.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by napoleon77(m): 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2010
@Saddik, when did U get the rejection mail?? I was told rejection mails were sent to ALL unsuccessful candidates on friday-not sure how true.
@Johns009, what was the format of your presentationWhat type of topics were U 2 choose from and how many people were in the panel?
@Fortune444, have U been invited for presentation yet??
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by saddik(m): 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2010
I got mine yesterday.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by Fortune444: 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2010
guys, there's 2 types of rejection mails here - there is the one talked about by jahman sent directly and there is that which is automated which comes 120days after initial application (, i think). see the format below.

I dont think the below means one is rejected, i think its just automated and all will get this exactly 120days after application, agree

I have done my interview and still waitin on my presentation invitation, as i understand from a source that all presentations should be concluded within next week, not sure if its true, but do u guys have any info?

thanks
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by johns009: 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2010
@Napoleon77: The topics are from any part of the discipline/dept you applied. You are not to choose. They will give you at random. What they used 2day/morning differ from what they will use for 2moro/afternoom. We ahve abou6 five of them.
@Fortune444: Have you any info on whom the have invited for medical. Will they finish the whole interview before the medical? Are they sending rejection letter for person's after interview. I don't any info as per when the excercise will end.

Guys let's keep beleiving God. It's our time to shine/smile.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by Fortune444: 4:45pm On Sep 29, 2010
hi john,
i cant say if they have started calling ppl yet for medicals. i only completed my structured interview stage early september. assume they will finish all presentations within 10 to 14 days then call for medicals afterwards, as for me i await my presentation stage call and will kp prayin.
thanks
PS: is the presentation done usin powerpoint or flipcharts or just notes in hand?
]thank
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by napoleon77(m): 4:54pm On Sep 29, 2010
@Fortune, R U in touch with the other candidates who were interviewed with U to know if they have been contacted?? When I was interviewed we were 10 and 4 of them have confirmed to me that they got rejection mails last week
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by Fortune444: 5:09pm On Sep 29, 2010
Napoleon, i actually spoke to 80% of them and none contacted.

can you confirm if the rejection mail was automated or if it was personalized (i.e. sent from the same email address that wrote us for the test and interviews)?

It seems the rejection mails which are automated are sent to ALL applicants after 120 days from the date of application-stating that they have "not been shortlisted", while the personalized one is sent with particular reference to their performances at the interviews.

what are your thoughts? any idea which type of rejection they received?

In any case it is a plus for you, so stay faithful

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beloxxi Interview/test / 10 Best Places To Work In Nigeria 2015 / Workforce Group Latest Job Recruitment (6 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.