Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

“otg” What It Means And Functions - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / “otg” What It Means And Functions (1895 Views)

Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy / 7 Amazing Things You Can Do With Your OTG / Techno Spark K7 OTG Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“otg” What It Means And Functions by felasey1(m): 11:00am On Feb 27, 2019
Hi everyone,today I’ll introduce a function of OTG

Firstly, what is OTG?

It simply means On The Go. It is an add-on feature that enables easy navigation on a mobile device. The OTG function is made possible by a phone attachment called the OTG cable/cord/dongle. All you need to do is attach the cord to your device then attach your external device to the cord. Now, there are a couple of things you can do with the USB OTG and today, we would be highlighting them.

1.Charging Another Device:

This is the function most people are familiar with. You have a device with a low battery, you just connect it to an OTG enabled device and instantly, you have your battery charging. This function might look a bit primitive but can prove to be a live saver when you really need to extract an important info from a dead phone.

2.Connecting External Mouse

This is one of the cool functions of the OTG. Imagine you have a cracked screen, or some parts of your screen is not responding to touch. All you need to do is connect the OTG cord to your device and connect the USB mouse to the OTG cord and instantly you see a mouse on the screen of your phone.

3.Connecting Flash Drive/External storage

This is also a live-saving function in a situation where the information you want to retrieve is on external storage or on a flash drive. The phone would be able to read, modify, add to or even delete the contents of the external storage.

4.Connecting External Keyboard

This is quite similar to the external mouse function.This is particularly useful when you have something voluminous to type and the phone screen is not just enough or some parts of the screen is not responding.

5.Connecting External GamePad:

This is particularly useful to gamers who love to play games on their mobile device.

6.Connecting To Printers:

This is one very cool aspect of OTG that really appeals to those in the business world.The OTG function allows you to print directly from your mobile device!
more here http://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/687/1056828
Re: “otg” What It Means And Functions by HASHAJU(m): 7:21am On Mar 01, 2019
Thanks for this trend. Have been looking forward to know about these stuff. Am currently using Infinix Hot6, which I think it also support OTG. How can I use dis feature with my phone? How will I get the cable? Did I have to download any App?
Re: “otg” What It Means And Functions by felasey1(m): 11:33am On Mar 01, 2019
HASHAJU:
Thanks for this trend. Have been looking forward to know about these stuff. Am currently using Infinix Hot6, which I think it also support OTG. How can I use dis feature with my phone? How will I get the cable? Did I have to download any App?
you need the cable

(1) (Reply)

Android Phone Between #70,000 To #90000 / Playstation Phones That Sony Never Made / Who Else Have Noticed: Opera Mini Running Free On My Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.