Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku (38331 Views)

“You Don’t Go Around Saying PDP Or APC Will Win"—APGA Chairman To Soludo / Guru Maharaj Ji Advises Atiku: Don’t Waste Money On Tribunal / Atiku Vs Buhari: Agbakoba Reveals Who Should Win Election, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by enemyofprogress: 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2019
I just dey imagine how Atiku wives and childrens,
moat especially the mail childrens are feeling now, food go go for their mouth so?
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by orisa37: 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2019
Supported. Since Onnoghen's suspension, every Tribunal has become competent Court to trap the Opposition.
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by Otakom87(m): 3:38pm On Feb 27, 2019
The truth is Atiku was rejected by his people in the north. Next time He should do his homework well before depending on social media to win election.
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by fergie001: 3:38pm On Feb 27, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Rubbish. There are other tribes there and the disenfranchised some based on their tribal origin.
Other tribes mainly in Lagos.....not Ondo or Oyo...
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by franchasng: 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2019
MrRichmond:
Voting based on issues will never happen in Nigeria as a whole until we force education on the North

Buhari isn't going to do it, he benefits from the illetrates and poor people that roam his region.

After all, he can simply share 10k to Placate them anytime he wants

So we should be looking forward to more tribalistic voting patterns in 2023.

P.S: I am really proud of my Yoruba people, we are very enlightened people, it's too bad the SS and SE failed to come out in large numbers for PDP.

Sad!
They did but they were disenfranchised by INEC, over a million Igbos were denied voting in Southeast as a result of card reader failure, same in Southsouth, and even Igbos in Southwest were harassed using political thugs and made not to vote, its a sad one indeed

1 Like

Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by 77up(m): 3:44pm On Feb 27, 2019
Who be this agbakoba sef ? why advicing him on that? Dont you want SANs to buy benz?

Haaa wait o , no be that pdp lawyer den dey call agbakoba?

Chai , the guy dey reign with onoghe abi wettin den dey call am now walter no dey , niggae dey fear grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by Gandollaar(f): 3:47pm On Feb 27, 2019
festacman:
The statement that both APC and PDP both profited from ethnic sentiments and the sincere expression of desire to move politics away from promordial issues to developmental agenda show Olisa Agbokoba as a true dispassionate patriot desirous of a new Political Order. I back him up on that come 2023.
ALL of a sudden, Agbakoba now has your love and respect. #Yinmu

1 Like

Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by 77up(m): 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2019
checkolatunji:
So proud of SW... Voting based on issues not sentiment
When many have been blaming them since .

This life sa.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by varyo: 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2019
Agbakoba SARBoOoooo!!!! how mcg were younoaid or this or what favour re you seeking from Buhari.
Is your tyoe that bought their certificate.If you have not intellectually sound others can do it.
Sarboooo.
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by gaskiyamagana: 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2019
checkolatunji:
So proud of ungrateful people among them?
Even 8yrs of OBASANJO their own, never give them what they got from Buhari.
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by chocho28: 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2019
MrRichmond:
Voting based on issues will never happen in Nigeria as a whole until we force education on the North

Buhari isn't going to do it, he benefits from the illetrates and poor people that roam his region.

P.S: I am really proud of my Yoruba people, we are very enlightened people, it's too bad the SS and SE failed to come out in large numbers for PDP.

Sad!
To be honest, the SW earned my respect in this election

1 Like

Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by zinizta: 4:05pm On Feb 27, 2019
iwaeda:

“The excepted zone is the South-West, where voting occurred on the basis of issues.

Exempted u meant to say... I so much love the liberality of my people ....

At least we are not Zombies as the Biafrans would have you believe...
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by conscienceman4(m): 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
Agbakobia should not misleads the Peoples mandate. This his advice has a friable foundation.
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by gaskiyamagana: 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2019
MrRichmond:

Sad!
"...... I am really proud of my Yoruba people, we are very enlightened people..."
You are igbo posing as Yoruba or ungrateful Yoruba. What did Obasanjo of Yoruba and Jonathan of Ibo, both of PDP did for Yorubas in their 16 years of rulling? Only fool and eyes - heart blind Yoruba will not see and reason that APC has done well for Yorubas.
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by gaskiyamagana: 4:12pm On Feb 27, 2019
chocho28:

To be honest, the SW earned my respect in this election
Consolation comment from PDP loosers.
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by onosbaba3310: 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2019
I don't fucking care if the mods band me or not, but let me make my point clear, at this moment it is very clear that those users obove me, supporting Buhari, are very senseless and foolish, how u can u support a man, who sit back a watch his brothers(herdsmen)kill people without pity, without doing anything but still yet defend them?
the same whose government has brought nothing to us but hunger and poverty, to the extent people started exchanging their children for a bag of rice, the rate of unemployment became high.

a man who has no regard for the youth but instead he called them lazy, but his children are not lazy, his only son currently owns two five star hotels in abuja and another one under construction in Dubai, but he is not doing any thing...
the medical sector is a total write off.
fuel and kerosene are no longer poor man goods anymore,
today a young man was killed by Fulani herdsmen in Ewan south east local govt ubiaja Edo state. I was so happy when I heard the man's wife voted for Buhari last sartuday, my prayers for you all is every bad thing that comes with this Buhari led administration will continue to affect you all that voted him and you loved ones, both the killings and poverty in Jesus name
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by ogbonti: 4:22pm On Feb 27, 2019
The nepotism Buhari is practising , if a southern president does such in future, will there not be massive blood shed of southerners by northerners? ??
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by varyo: 4:24pm On Feb 27, 2019
Agbakoba Sabo!!!!!!! eye service
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by MrCaesar: 4:32pm On Feb 27, 2019
who said south west voted based on issues? issues my foot. If Atiku goes to court, he won't win unless Justice Tanko is shown the exit door. His appointment was properly calculated.
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by hfc80: 4:34pm On Feb 27, 2019
Make him go Baba go help am bring all the crimes that was pending against him wie surface all our assets that he sold to himself and friends will show up sharply.
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by Basher8583: 4:53pm On Feb 27, 2019
mrZENographer:
GEJ conceded defeat to Buhari to avoid Chaos and loss of human lives. Yet the number of people that have been murdered and displaced in 4 years outweigh the what it would have been under a good governance.

I support Atiku to go to Court.
You are a complete fool for displaying those pix. I dont know when idiots like you will learn. Still plying the same idiotic trade of sentiments.
You will die like those pix you upload. Now say amen to that. Stupid fool
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by kaypling(m): 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2019
Atiku won't listen to ppl like this one. It's FFK & Reno that keep listening to. Even the opposition governors have moved on
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by MrRichmond: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

"...... I am really proud of my Yoruba people, we are very enlightened people..."
You are igbo posing as Yoruba or ungrateful Yoruba. What did Obasanjo of Yoruba and Jonathan of Ibo, both of PDP did for Yorubas in their 16 years of rulling? Only fool and eyes - heart blind Yoruba will not see and reason that APC has done well for Yorubas.

Me, Ungrateful yoruba?

Why should I be grateful?

Because of 10k Tradermoni?

Or is it because they tanked the economy and sent us into recession or the fact that they have been so lakadasical when it comes to securing the lives of Nigerians??

If you don't have any meaningful thing to say don't you ever quote me again?

Zombie

ti o ba ti a ti kilo!
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by Oricha79(m): 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2019
checkolatunji:
I tell you my brother, s/west is exceptional.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by kaypling(m): 5:05pm On Feb 27, 2019
Reference:
Totally agree sir. Same thing I have been saying from a slighty different perspective all day. We simply cannot be self serving all the time. Someone must step back to make the sacrifices to check the health of the system. At some point in time the vehicle of democracy must be serviced. If we let the Judiciary run this democracy then we will weaken beyond recovery the will of the people to shape it.

It is the court of public opinion that should determine if the elections were credible and if not it is the critical mass of those people that will force a change through their elected Representatives of laws that create the loopholes unsavoury politicians exploit.

I did say that I advice Mr Atiku to concede, congratulate the elected President and swiftly get to work on those issues that his supporters canvassed for in strong opposition. Only then can the country benefit from this exercise and recover the tens of billions expended.

Thank you!! Atiku could still be very powerful and a huge voice in this country if he chooses to. At least he revived a dead party even if for election period. He can keep up that energy to really come back roaring in 2023. He can embrace young, smart people. He should try to shed his baggage as much as possible. This move just makes him look like a desperate loser. On top of that, he'll now still lose again. His baba, Obj even has said he should accept defeat. I won't be surprised if that's the same thing Kwakwanso went to talk to him about. I feel sorry for him, he keeps listening to a very loud minority
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by OgaBuhari: 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
It was rigged. Many were disenfranchised.
woman shut up and go to the other room.
Mechie onu. Ur mates are In the kitchen preparing food for their husbands while you're here wailing in the politics section.
Sai Baba had won and the results shows that the people of south East are minority as u people don't matter when it comes to election.
Keep wailing till 2023.
Ndo
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by hush15: 5:47pm On Feb 27, 2019
iwaeda:

Jesusegun Alagbe

A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mr. Olisa Agbakoba, has urged the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in last Saturday’s election, Atiku Abubakar, not to approach the court because of his loss.

ADVERTISING

Atiku lost the presidential election to incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress in a keenly fought contest.

Buhari had polled 15,191,847 votes, ahead of Atiku’s 11,262,978, to be declared the winner of the election by the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu.

However, Atiku rejected the presidential election outcome on Wednesday, saying he would challenge it in court.

He said the election was not free or fair, and that it was full of many irregularities.

But in a piece titled, ‘2019 Presidential Election: Ethnic Consideration vs Governance Consideration,’ written by Agbakoba on Wednesday, the legal practitioner advised Atiku against approaching the court, but to accept the outcome in faith.

Agbakoba said, “I understand the PDP is aggrieved at the outcome of the election and alleged massive irregularities. I urge former Vice President Atiku Abubakar not to approach the Election Petition Tribunal.

“He might have (been) moved backwards by his loss, but he should not lose sight of the legacy and greatness that lie in front of him.”

The SAN described Atiku as being in a position to take up the mantle of a statesman and build a ‘new Nigeria movement’ from the array of small parties, third force actors, change actors and millions who were desperate for a strong and united Nigeria.

“There is also a lot of work to be done in both political and electoral reforms. I request former Vice President Atiku Abubakar to step into the shoes,” he said.

Agbakoba however said he did not mean that the election was devoid of irregularities.

He said, “I can see how tempting it is to take the option of the Election Petition Tribunal. But that, in my view, is not the right decision.

“We look forward to a new Nigeria, strong and united; a new Nigeria that will not vote on the basis of ethnic and primordial sentiments.”

The SAN noted that the voting pattern of last Saturday’s presidential election showed that ethnicity played a significant role result.

He said both the APC and the PDP benefited from “primordial voting.”

“The excepted zone is the South-West, where voting occurred on the basis of issues.

“The significance and consequence of the 2019 presidential election are huge unless we are able to reverse it.

“2023 will follow the pattern of 2019 unless we do something about it,” Agbakoba said.

https://punchng.com/dont-go-to-election-tribunal-agbakoba-urges-atiku/

Agbakoba doesn't have any idea of what he is saying. The last election wasn't about ethnic lines, both me are from the same region.

What happened was simply the show of force and abuse of power.

He may not need to challenge in court because every arm of government has been compromised. They will just frustrate him through the whole process. If Yakubu did cancel the result, his first issue would be how did he spend 244billion and he isn't ready to explain all that. Let Yakubu swear with his life that he didn't benefit from the approved budget but he would rather make Buhari happy than pls Atiku. Before Atiku comes in, Buhari would have finished him.

The only sweet revenge is for Atiku to help PDP win Lagos state. That will pinch APC hard.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by eprynce(m): 5:55pm On Feb 27, 2019
The PDP has every right to challenge election results. In fact, challenging results is part of the Democratic process and I see nothing wrong in pursuing that course, if the party or candidate felt agreived.

Yes, the SW seems to have voted based on issues. But same can be said of the SE and SS.

The SEners are predominantly business people, Atiku sold a pro-business agenda and the people bought into it.

Also, states like Benue and Pleatue also voted based on issues that affect them which they feel the administration is not addressing.
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by doctorbabs(m): 6:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
They don't tell a man with hunchback to stand upright. pls let him go, if he didn't how would you your learned colleagues eat and take more of our money he looted.
Re: Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku by HimName: 6:38pm On Feb 27, 2019
Olisa is an heartless man.

Y u nor want oda lawyers to chop?

Change your ways Olisa.

Change!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu / Lere Olayinka Reacts To Zenith Bank Denial Of Funding Fayose's Election / Dino Melaye Compared To A Governor In Kenya On Twitter (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.