Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,066 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat (4144 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Wins Bayelsa State Presidential Election / PDP's Seriake Dickson Wins Bayelsa West Senatorial Seat / Breaking: David Lyon Wins Bayelsa State APC Ticket For Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by kahal29: 3:18pm On Feb 27, 2019
Meet the APC Senator-Elect representing Bayelsa East Constituency, Bishop Degi-Eremienyo Biobarakuma.

He replaces Ben Murray Bruce.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1100477651272253441

PDP, APC share Senate, Reps seats in Bayelsa

The People Democratic Party, PDP, and the All Progressives Congress, APC, have shared the Senate and House of Representatives seats in Saturday’s National Assembly polls in Bayelsa.

The results published by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, show that PDP won two Senate and two House of Representatives seats while APC clinched ONE Senate and TWO House of Representatives seats.

Mr Douye Diri of PDP won the Bayelsa Central Senatorial District election.

Prof. Teddy Adias, INEC Returning Officer for the district, who announced the result on Wednesday in Yenagoa, said that Diri polled 83, 978 votes to defeat Mr Festus Daumiebi of APC, who got 70, 998 votes.

Adias said that a total of 163, 587 votes were cast in the election, with 155, 874 being valid votes and 7,713 votes rejected.

In his reaction, Diri, the member, representing Yenagoa/Kolokuma/Opokuma Federal Constituency, said his victory belonged to the people.

“The victory is for my people and from my track record, I am going to continue the good work for the people,” he said.

In the Bayelsa West Senatorial District poll, Mr Lawrence Ewrudjiakpo of PDP defeated Capt. Mathew Karimo of APC.

In Bayelsa East, Mr Biobarakuma Degi-Eremenyo of APC emerged senator-elect.

Mr Preye Oseke of APC also emerged winner to represent the people of Southern-Ijaw Federal Constituency.

Oseke polled 56, 804 votes to beat the Speaker of Bayelsa House of Assembly, Mr Konbowei Benson, who got 34, 105 votes.

Prof. Steve Azaiki, of PDP is now member elect in the Federal House of Representatives, Yenagoa/Kolokuma/Opokuma Federal Constituency, while Mr Fred Agbedi was elected as a member of the Federal House of Representatives for Sagbama/Ekeremor Federal Constituency.

The Ogbise Federal Constituency result has yet to be announced.

The Commission had declared Mr Isreal Igoli APC as the winner of Brass/Nembe Federal Constituency election.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/02/pdp-apc-share-senate-reps-seats-in-bayelsa/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by Kyase(m): 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2019
For their backyard grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by rusher14: 3:31pm On Feb 27, 2019
Blood of silverbird.

shocked

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by Shuku0kukobambi: 3:33pm On Feb 27, 2019
Wonderful.

I suspect GEJ has a hand in this cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by agabusta: 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2019
Let him go and represent his actual constituency, twitter cheesy

Bayelsa people needs a man of the people to represent them.

Imagine, to even think some people were already considering the man for higher post because of his smooth talk talk.

People were already saying he'll make a fine Vice President, President, etc

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by quickberry2(m): 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2019
grin

APC!!! Next level

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by sleekdot(m): 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:
Wonderful.

I suspect GEJ has a hand in this cheesy
That is Jonathans senatorial district

All former PDP presidents are now ruled by APC senators

Is our God not wonderful

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by seunmsg(m): 3:47pm On Feb 27, 2019
This is a big slap on Ben Murray Bruce face. He was rejected by PDP delegates and then the people voted for an APC senator to replace with. So much for common sense.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by sunnysunny69(m): 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2019
Strong foothold in the south south for APC. Did anyone ever thought of APC winning Murray Bruce constituency either he ran or not ?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by exclusive2019: 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2019
grin
Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by Shuku0kukobambi: 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2019
sleekdot:
That is Jonathans senatorial district

All former PDP presidents are now ruled by AC senators

Is our God not wonderful

@the bold, really? I didn't know o cheesy

I really think he supported this guy to win. I heard he wanted someone else but Dickson insisted so he switched support to the APC guy. I didn't know it was this senatorial zone

4 Likes

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by ayomilore: 3:53pm On Feb 27, 2019
That albino of a man is a bad representation in Bayelsa I think he saw this coming that is why he refused to contest.

5 Likes

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by NinjaMetahuman: 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2019
finally

the news i have been waiting for.

90% recalcitrants have been removed from the senate.

smooth sailing for apc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by otokx(m): 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2019
Unbelievable
Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by agabusta: 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
seunmsg:
This is a big slap on Ben Murray Bruce face. He was rejected by PDP delegates and then the people voted for an APC senator to replace with. So much for common sense.

Rejected by delegates how? Didnt he win the primary?

1 Like

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by shosky1794: 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2019
A very good spread for APC this time. But something tells me the might end up in the PDP eventually. The Governorship sit too seems to be looking good for Sylva

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by Corrinthians(m): 4:19pm On Feb 27, 2019
Hip hip hip, hurray!!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by seunmsg(m): 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2019
agabusta:

Rejected by delegates how? Didnt he win the primary?

He did not.
Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by Daviddson(m): 4:46pm On Feb 27, 2019
seunmsg:
Misinformation. Ben Bruce never contested the primaries.

1 Like

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by Guzel: 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2019
Daviddson:
Read with comprehension. He never said Bruce contested

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by dhuthraki: 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2019
seunmsg:
From my understanding, there is a rotational agreement in his senatorial zone that doesn't allow anyone from a constituency to go for more than one term.
Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by dhuthraki: 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2019
Daviddson:
You are right. From my understanding, there is a rotational agreement in his senatorial zone that doesn't allow anyone from a constituency to go for more than one term.

1 Like

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by id911(m): 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
dhuthraki:

From my understanding, there is a rotational agreement in his senatorial zone that doesn't allow anyone from a constituency to go for more than one term.

You don't need to school him. So many of them are grossly ignorant here.

1 Like

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by agabusta: 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2019
seunmsg:

He did not.

So on which party platform did he contest?
Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by kahal29: 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2019
id911:

cheesy
Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by Daviddson(m): 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2019
dhuthraki:

You are right. From my understanding, there is a rotational agreement in his senatorial zone that doesn't allow anyone from a constituency to go for more than one term.
Exactly.
Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by Daviddson(m): 5:22pm On Feb 27, 2019
Guzel:

Read with comprehension. He never said Bruce contested
He said Bruce was rejected by the delegates. Is that not primaries he's referring to?

1 Like

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by agabusta: 5:26pm On Feb 27, 2019
Oh, so he was not even PDP's candidate. So who contested as PDP'S candidate?

Is the person that unpopular? Or let me rephrase and say, is the APC candidate that popular?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by seunmsg(m): 5:35pm On Feb 27, 2019
agabusta:

So on which party platform did he contest?

He didn’t contest.

1 Like

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by buhariguy(m): 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2019
id911:

have you recovered from your cifia pain?
ndo.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by myson58: 7:40am On Mar 25, 2019
What a useless people, after all they did to Jonathan yet this people still went and vote for their enemy apc
Re: APC Wins Bayelsa East Senatorial Election and Two House of Reps Seat by FearGodinall: 7:59am On Mar 25, 2019
seunmsg:
. Stop talking what you know nothing about.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Covid19: China Will Colonize Africa. / Rauf Aregbesola: Plant A Tree, Save Environment For Humanity / Fact Checking The Numbers: CBN's Announcement of $1.5B Foreign Exchange Inflow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.