Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

How Is Swift Broadband? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Is Swift Broadband? (6782 Views)

Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos / Broadband Internet Services in Nigeria / To Create Broadband Internet Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Swift Broadband? by badesemowo(m): 10:40pm On Apr 24, 2007
Does any body use swift broad band in lagos?
How is it? Any thing you wish you knew before getting it?
Cost nko? Basically i want the "unda gee gists"
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by Yoke(f): 10:28am On May 10, 2007
I have used them and wasn't too impressed, can't remember what package we signed up for but it was supposed to be a dedicated 384 kbps downlink and uplink, we barely got 50/15 downlink/uplink. Each time they came to "fix" it but it was still slow, we cancelled our subscription only after about 2 months.

Who knows, maybe you'll have a better experience with them, they are anything but swift though.
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by miiday(f): 12:22pm On May 10, 2007
well, we jut got signed on (3 weeks) and it's been very swift, we're located in Ikeja,
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by udohzone(m): 12:39pm On May 10, 2007
Swift Broadband is not it, dont go to them now, maybe later, if you do, dont call me, if you call me, I'd send ribadu to ur home and your office(s)
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by Elizabeth(f): 3:21pm On May 10, 2007
Dont mind udoh zone! Swiftbroadband is the best for now,cos we're using it in my office and is very ok.

Advantages.
1. Faster.
2. No network failure.

Disadvantages.
1. You have to pay them before the due date or else they will disconnect u.
2. Reconnection fee is #2,500.00
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by spora(m): 5:47pm On May 10, 2007
I use them in my office.

I signed for 512kbps (shared) swiftbusiness @ 75k per month. They also charged me 30k for Set up cost.

em, It's been up and down but I think it is still ok. There was a time I felt like shooting them when the signal was down for like a whole day. I also see that I experinced rpoblem when it is raining.

But, which connection doesn't have its own weakness? When I was using DOPC, it was also a tug of war.

You can try them and if they f**k up, you discontinue, but they are getting there.

@ Elizabeth
You are pretty correct, Reconnection fee is 2.5k.
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by Egavlas(m): 2:32am On May 11, 2007
Elizabeth:

Dont mind udoh zone! Swiftbroadband is the best for now,because we're using it in my office and is very ok.

Advantages.
1. Faster.
2. No network failure.

Disadvantages.
1. You have to pay them before the due date or else they will disconnect u.
2. Reconnection fee is #2,500.00

I think *faster* is relative. For someone who uploads websites and downloads huge files, it may be different from someone whose greatest *geeky* job on the internet is attaching a 1mb pdf file to email .
And whats with the 2,500 naira reconnection fee? Thats absurd. They aint seen competition yet.
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by cream2(m): 9:31am On May 11, 2007
I use SWIFT in my office and whilst its not the fastest, it works well. There has been a few times when the link went down but they have managed to put it back up within 2-3 hours.

Comparable to what other people pay for and get, I am VERY happy!
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by badesemowo(m): 1:04pm On May 11, 2007
Thanks people,

I went to CTO yesterday , spoke to two other internet providers

1. IPNX had a good package , I dont need a mast in my house , but they have a maximum download of 6GB per month,
2. Directonpc did not have a price list for me to compare.

3. Another option might be Starcomms EVDO.

Anybody has any experience with these other guys?

I presently use starcomms dial up ,
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by sartorius(m): 1:59pm On May 11, 2007
i recommend direct on pc, its been worthwhile using it,
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by imomoh24(m): 9:06pm On May 11, 2007
Yoke:

I have used them and wasn't too impressed, can't remember what package we signed up for but it was supposed to be a dedicated 384 kbps downlink and uplink, we barely got 50/15 downlink/uplink. Each time they came to "fix" it but it was still slow, we cancelled our subscription only after about 2 months.

First Swift doesnt give a "dedicated" 384 Kbps. 384 Kbps is a shared bandwidth.

Secondly, I don't know how u tested ur link to get 50/15 but i know even on their worst day, u can "NEVER" get dat from swift broadband. Use 2wire.com speed test and wow urself.

And thirdly, "slow" is relative to what u use the service for. Use it to upload a web site dat is heavy, and it will be slow. Pls Ur experience is peculiar to u.

I dnt use it full time but have use it to download Programs, watch videos and listen to song at "swift" speed.
so if any1 wants to try it, go for it. Besides, they offer one month money back guarantee.
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by Egavlas(m): 11:28pm On May 11, 2007
badesemowo:

Thanks people,

1. IPNX had a good package , I don't need a mast in my house , but they have a maximum download of 6GB per month,

Please stay away from anything that gives you maximum data download per month. If you really use the internet a lot, you are going to exceed that and you will be cut off. When Direct on Pc started, they did it(dont know if they are still doing it) and it was very inconvenient at my former work place.
I am currently considering Starcomms Evdo(Modem package for Desktop). People I know that are using it are commending it and recommending it. I am currently using multilinks dial up for my home use and I think I have outgrown it, even for home use.
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by tony4k(m): 7:44am On May 12, 2007
Oh nooooooooooooo, many of you guys are getting it wrong about SwiftBROADBAND from Swift Networks Ltd., one should not forget that no ISP can be perfect, but meet one's needs one way or the way. What I realise is that too many people have used many networks. They have become "isp harlots" and have behind their mind negative experiences before subscribing for a new service after the disappointment with the previous ones. I can confidently say, the best and slick technology any modern Nigerian can fall on is SwiftBROADBAND . When it comes to deployment, there are two options, the Indoor and the Outdoor Wireless modem which is the ultimate solution depending on the proximity to the base station where the wireless signal is received. The beauty of the indoor is that of a plug and play so can be deplored immediately by oneself so far as u are not a network phobia person who wants everything done and cooked for you, all you do is sit and browse, sometimes sites that are detrimental to your own computer system.

Anyway, let me set some facts straight, SwiftBROADBAND does not charge any reconnection fee, one has his own style and package to manage. Swift does not claim to offer 384kbps as claimed by some one as the minimum speed, if you read closely the ads, it is shared and very flexible terms of service. There are dedicated packages and also the service is a prepaid one but Swift Networks Ltd. has very large heart to deal with clients.

What we cannot take away if the difficult environment in which we find ourself in, the people we are, very difficult and always want things to be perfect while we are not perfect in doing our own things. But the we must all strive to get there for all to have his/her money's worth, so definately, there is a meeting point.

I personally think and believe SwiftBROADBAND has much more to offer and surely the near future, those on board and yet to join the family of SwiftBROADBAND users will have something good to cherish and be proud of. Remember, internet is the growing to become the total way of life and one cannot wish away the fact that you need not just an internet service but an internet solution in totality without restrictions. Watch out for more.

To all SwiftBROADBAND cherished customers, the sky is the limit, so much is in the pipeline for you.
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by imomoh24(m): 9:54am On May 12, 2007
Oga Tony Preach brother, Preach.

You know it is easy 4 any1 to post anything on these threads since there is no way of knowing or verifying their identity.

Be that as it may, we should all try 2 get our facts right before we draw conclusions on issues we know little about.
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by udohzone(m): 1:12pm On May 12, 2007
@ Elizabeth

ur testimonial on their service is interesting, where is ur office, i could come do a speed test and compared it to other service provider that we install for clients, maybe there's something about Swift-Broadband I ain seen yet,

Babe, so if u feel I need to be convinced about ur 'love', Buzz me, send ur address to my mailbox, could come and rip ur network and see what it is, u r enjoying!!!! grin
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by 2dye4(m): 5:39pm On May 12, 2007
badesemowo:

Thanks people,

1. IPNX had a good package , I don't need a mast in my house , but they have a maximum download of 6GB per month,

@badesemowo:
i was also at d CTO @ muson and i was pretty impressed by what i saw @ the swift stand. they allowed me a demo and it was fast (even  with video streaming). though i have cost concerns about their packages, if what i saw is what am getting, then its worth it. think its time i ditched my multilinks. wink

- starcomms evdo: i have concerns about it, also looking for more opinions on it.
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by iykeshizzl: 3:21pm On May 13, 2007
I use SWIFT in the office (Victoria Island) and home (VGC) and have some information about them. They have their bad days, but I will still recommend them without any hesitation. I find them quite ethical, in that they stated clearly to me that the 384Kbps subscription I have is a shared service (they have dedicated bandwith service plans which they usually do not advertise). I also love their money back guarantee which demonstrates confidence in their ability to match their promises (Nigerian companies are bad at this). IPNx is untested in mass broadband deployment, while DoPC and STARCOMMS' EVDO have serious ongoing reliability challenges. I also used SWIFT to create Wifi at home and office which EVDO may not allow you to do. I understand that they will launch their Public Switched VoIP service which will provide their subscribers with simple, cheap and reliable calling plans to both domestic and international destinations. I can see a Nigerian Vonage in the making! Sign on to Swift, at least you get your money back if not happy!!
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by spaceworld: 11:20pm On May 13, 2007
HEllo,

If ur location is within VGC COMMS network pls kindly go gor the ADSL service or SHDSL depending on what u want to use the internet service for,

There are four port ADSL even wireless ADSL modem available starting from 84/84 up to what so ever u request from. can u compare wireless to firber? that is the edge VGC have pver others,

service available in VGC, V/I Ikeja, Dolphin, Ikoyi, Apapa, Lagos Island, Lekki,

cheers, or call 4619000 for details
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by fashfisher(m): 11:04am On May 15, 2007
heard swift is good but you can also try 21st century. works well in a lot of places
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by BILLIONs1: 11:34am On Jul 19, 2007
Hi guys

how can I contact SWIFTBROADBAND, I realy want to subscribe to their broadband internet. cant seem to find their website online, thats strange.
PLUS are there fully operational in Abuja?i work in Lagos and Abuja and I'm highly mobile.

Any could provide me with

Address
Phone contact
email
website

LAGOS/ABUJA
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by Maleeq(m): 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2007
@BILLION$

Swiftng details

Phone: 01-4611322,08057666661,01-7901731

email: helpdesk@swiftng.com

Address:
Swift Networks Limited
31B Saka Tinubu Street
Victoria Island
Lagos.

Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by Seun(m): 1:28pm On Nov 30, 2007
They seem to have upped their limits a little bit, but is it reasonable? The maximum I can download on Starcomms 24x7 is 19GB, so a limit of 7.5gb per month seems reasonable, but won't I tend to download more if I have broadband?
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by Maleeq(m): 5:43pm On Nov 30, 2007
Oga Seun, do you actually hit that limit on starcomms? If you do, I bow! grin
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by naijafan(m): 2:07am On Dec 01, 2007
Maleeq:

Oga Seun, do you actually hit that limit on starcomms? If you do, I bow! grin

guy, it was just a calculation. grin
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by Simua(m): 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2009
I HAD been using Swift Broadband for about six months now BUT,

I need contribution from fellow Nairalanders on this:

1. I need 10 people who can confirm that when Swift Networks installed their fixed external radio at their location, they (Swift) did not say they (the subscribers) have power leakage which will eventually damage the radio (Modem).

2. 20 people who can say they have used the Swift Broadband External Radio for more than six months without replacing at least twice.

3. Why would anybody in their right senses bring a hardware to Nigeria that is not compatible with our NEPA situation?

4. How possible is it for my modem and internet subscription go bad at the same time (Christmas season when people are looking for extra pay)?

I personally have a situation I will not wish any Nigerian to be fooled into:

I paid my internet subscription and was eventually told my modem has to be changed again for the second time in 6 months. I had already ruled that I will not pay them (Swift) for another modem, should it go bad again. What's my reason you would ask. Do you calculation of the monthly subscription fee and a replacement of modem every 2 months. Then ask yourself if it is beneficial. Now picture the fact that they (Swift) have decided not to replace the modem, also wount give me a refund for the unused subscription paid to them. I need to go to another internet service provider but hey, Swift has my money, the cost of getting another modem from another ISP is more than the cost of replacement from Swift, why not pay for a replacement and save the extra? Lailai I'm a Nigerian and we are smarter than that.

Please I need your honest contribution. Notice that this is my first post on Niaraland. I need recommendations/Suggestions for a new ISP.
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by 4llerbe(m): 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2009
word bro, leave them and them marketing for swift, dudes probbly work @ swift, just like all those mtn boiz that are always praising mtn to the heavens for 40% downtime, crazy
Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by monkel: 9:13am On Dec 08, 2011
pls wats d price for swift and mtnfast link

(1) (Reply)

How I Can Browse On My Laptop With My Phone / Is Simple Server Simple Still Working With Mtn Bb10 Midi? / Sell And Repair Your Laptop At A Good Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.