Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,368 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

First Bank Freezes First Instant Account Without Notifying Customers - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / First Bank Freezes First Instant Account Without Notifying Customers (3504 Views)

First Bank Wahala / How To Create Thousands Of Gmail Account Without Using Phone Numbers / First Bank Freezes First Instant Account Without Notifying Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Freezes First Instant Account Without Notifying Customers by Benreu(m): 7:00pm On Feb 27, 2019
Sometimes i wonder if these banks consider their customers. Woke up on monday morning to carry out transaction on my first bank account only to discoverd that my account is not eligible. Got to the bank and complained only to be told that my account has been frozen without notification. I asked why? And i was told it is a policy from the bank. Many customers later came in with same problem. I dont know if anyone in the house has experience such from monday this week? Why will a bank freeze an account without notification and as i am typing this my account is yet to be open after giving them the required documents.
Re: First Bank Freezes First Instant Account Without Notifying Customers by Psychodavidovic(m): 7:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
And some people go say e dey their T&C. lipsrsealed
Re: First Bank Freezes First Instant Account Without Notifying Customers by Benreu(m): 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2019
Psychodavidovic:
And some people go say e dey their T&C. lipsrsealed
honestly.. It is so annoying not minding what people might go through.
Re: First Bank Freezes First Instant Account Without Notifying Customers by kings59: 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
That was what they did to me when I was in year 4.

I needed money that day, I used my last TP, as I wanted to withdraw I was told to bring nepa bill, ID card, drivers license.

Because I wasn't in Lagos but in owerri, I couldn't provide my documents. I withdrew 5K from my other account, left owerri for lagos,went straight home,and relaxed for the task ahead tomorrow. I went to the branch I opened the account, went straight to the customer service, told them my plight. The same thing I was told in owerri was exactly the same thing I was told.

I provided all this, I even wrote a letter to convert my account from First instant to savings.

I left lagos for owerri the next day. After two days, I decided to go back to the bank in owerri to withdraw ( I left lagos cus I don't wanna miss lectures) . As I entered the bank, I smiled, feeling like a big man,like the guy that won last last, went straight majestically to withdraw, unlikely for me,same issue again.

I felt like ( let me say, going to watch chelsea vs man city, hoping chelsea might be winning or a goal difference of 1, only for me to reach the football viewing center and I saw 4-0, damm), after everything, stories till date.

My account was frozen. But before then, a msg normally comes requesting I deposit so as to make my account not to be Dormant.

I kept on depositing every month. I became upset and stopped because I can't withdraw.

That was how they prevented me my money. I just left it for them after the stress.

I decided to move one because the best revenge in life is to move on.
Re: First Bank Freezes First Instant Account Without Notifying Customers by Psychodavidovic(m): 7:22pm On Feb 27, 2019
Benreu:
honestly.. It is so annoying not minding what people might go through.

I understand. It happen to friend of mine not long ago and since then majority of my money has been either in various investments or under my bed. lipsrsealed
Re: First Bank Freezes First Instant Account Without Notifying Customers by Benreu(m): 7:24pm On Feb 27, 2019
kings59:
That was what they did to me when I was in year 4.

I needed money that day, I used my last TP, as I wanted to withdraw I was told to bring nepa bill, ID card, drivers license.

I provided all this, I even wrote a letter to convert my account from First instant to savings.

After everything, stories till date.

My account was frozen. But before then, a msg normally comes requesting I deposit so as to make my account not to be Dormant.

I kept on depositing every month. I became upset and stopped because I can't withdraw.

That was how they prevented me my money. I just left it for them after the stress.

I decided to move one because the best revenge in life is to move on.
mehn this is so wicked..am thats what am facing now...i have submited all document..keep saying come tomorrow..from monday till nw..
Re: First Bank Freezes First Instant Account Without Notifying Customers by Godisallgood: 7:33pm On Feb 27, 2019
Benreu:
Sometimes i wonder if these banks consider their customers. Woke up on monday morning to carry out transaction on my first bank account only to discoverd that my account is not eligible. Got to the bank and complained only to be told that my account has been frozen without notification. I asked why? And i was told it is a policy from the bank. Many customers later came in with same problem. I dont know if anyone in the house has experience such from monday this week? Why will a bank freeze an account without notification and as i am typing this my account is yet to be open after giving them the required documents.
Go to twitter if u have acccount..look for ndic and cbn to follow and later send message to firstbank and tag Cibn and ndic in the message.do this and see them act fast

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Freezes First Instant Account Without Notifying Customers by kings59: 7:37pm On Feb 27, 2019
Benreu:

mehn this is so wicked..am thats what am facing now...i have submited all document..keep saying come tomorrow..from monday till nw..

I just edited my full story, I want you to know how it went.

My advice is not to give them a chance. keep pestering them till they released your money.

I had 8k in that account, that was how it got frozen.

3500 +3500 = 7,000 . I wasted 7k from owerri to Lagos, going and coming but still in vain.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Phones To Sell/buy / Buy MTN Data At A Very Cheap Price / << Samsung Galaxy Note 2 4G Smartphone UNLOCKED (mint Condition) >> SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.