Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom (23135 Views)

Ebele Iyiegbu Launches Handbag Collection In Abuja Amidst Fanfare (Pictures) / Iyiegbu Obi Cubana's Compound, House In Anambra - PHOTOS / Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) (2) (3) (4)

Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by Famousbabe(f): 8:26pm On Feb 27, 2019
Thefamousnaija.com Exclusive: Davies Iyiegbu secures victory in court against Globacom - Copyright Case

Remember when we broke the news about the alleged copyright infringement here

Software Developer and founder of Study In Europe Mobile App Davies Iyiegbu has won his legal battle over the copyright infringement by Globacom Limited on his intellectual property for “ third party advertising on mobile recharge cards”

A Nigerian federal high court ruled that Globacom Nigeria Limited infringed on the copyright of Mr.Davies by producing mobile phone recharge cards with third party advertisements.

The decision, made by the federal high court awarded damages in millions to be paid to the plaintiff, the original law suits was NGN 500,000,000 Million.

The Chamber of Paul C Ananamba ( SAN) , which sued Globacom in 2013 on behalf of Davies Iyiegbu, were determined to bring GLO to justice and set an exemplary deterrent to companies who thrive on Intellectual property theft.

That precedent is now established: the rights to create, design and run mobile recharge card advertising in Nigeria is officially awarded to Davies Iyiegbu.

“While we should make laws in the national assembly to protect valuable intellectual property such as that of Davies that can put Nigeria on a map, create jobs and boost economies, there is no indication that creators in Nigeria can reap from their inventions,”.

“The Copyright Act does not authorize any company to steal ideas of holders,” the court sitting in Lagos undoubtedly affirmed.

In addition to the ruling in favor of Davies, the court slammed GLO for its actions and established that GLO received all the detailed fact sheet of the said business idea which was backed by videos, calls, email and copyright documents.

Davies Iyiegbu should be considered the author and copyright owner, and he shouldn’t be treated any differently from any other creator because his idea is valued in billions”

The judgement also established an injunction and a deterrent to other telecommunications network running or intending to run third party advertising on mobile recharge card without the consent of Davies Iyiegbu to desist with immediate effect.

This a landmark victory, one that every youth and well meaning Nigerian should be proud of and celebrate.

Source: http://www.thefamousnaija.com/2019/02/davies-iyiegbu-secures-victory-in-court.html?m=1

See earlier thread https://www.nairaland.com/4943823/globacom-sued-court-davies-iyiegbu

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by Anagha123: 8:58pm On Feb 27, 2019
First time to make Ftc on Nairaland.

Davies Iyiegbu deserve the victory, I hope Globacom doesn't appeal this judgment.

Please shower me with Likes

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by ransomeware: 8:58pm On Feb 27, 2019

We techies develop things when we are broke but the search of self sustainance makes us reveal all our hardwork in the name of proposal to big companies.

The next you will hear is, we will get back to you.

Boom.... Your life work is already on advert with a ladies voice tag on it on Tv and internet.

No payment, noting awarded to you....

I was once invited with my proposal by a company (name withheld) and they expected me to reveal all but to their suprise i asked for a share in companies stake... Their refusal made me the ceo i am today...

Just to let you know,,, i consult for them and ought 5% of their company share

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by Depot(m): 8:59pm On Feb 27, 2019
How much did he win? That's what matters, not these long grammar.

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 8:59pm On Feb 27, 2019
500 milly gini?? Omo the guy don hammer oo

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by Topmaike007(m): 9:00pm On Feb 27, 2019
Okay

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by tclimax(m): 9:00pm On Feb 27, 2019
Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by LazyGold(m): 9:00pm On Feb 27, 2019

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by mummyson26(m): 9:00pm On Feb 27, 2019
The guy don hit jackpot

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by Tolu95(m): 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2019
Wao... 50 milla
Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2019
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:

Look at your username and you would discover why you can't win 500 kobo grin

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by Pidginwhisper: 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
He had better clear cmot for Naija once. Else he won't live to spend 2M out of the money if this is true. This is Nigeria

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by Compliant(m): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
Globalcom right now

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by Jentle244: 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
500m this guy is made for life... unlike these theives.. kudos bro
Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by jaymee0(m): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
Sai baba Buhari!

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:03pm On Feb 27, 2019
Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by camcor(m): 9:03pm On Feb 27, 2019
Good judgement

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 27, 2019
MTN already started doing this along time ago , was even thinking it was some app he developed, maybe I should start suing companys to court for stupid reasons lol

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
So happy for him.
Justice served....

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

(in mortal kombat vioce) FINISH HIM!!!!

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by stevolution5: 9:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
God don soften dis guy life sha

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 9:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

come see your brothers dey beg for this thread better come explain cos aboki don prepare discipline una for una fùck ups this election grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5050745/2019-election-why-bad-outing/2#76197456

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:05pm On Feb 27, 2019
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
come see your brothers dey beg for this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5050745/2019-election-why-bad-outing/2#76197456

I know you are in pains, but cry not. Thank me for the free home-training lesson

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by decatalyst(m): 9:05pm On Feb 27, 2019
Look at how it took him to win the case.

Legal system is a joke to me!
Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:05pm On Feb 27, 2019
Debramaye:
(in mortal kombat vioce) ] FINISH HIM!!!!

But i didn't lie nah grin grin grin

My username is apt. I have seen weird ones.

His username is just very stupid and sorry to say, such a person can not just be productive in any ramifications in life.

Not a curse, just 100% facts
Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by AlvaroMorata(m): 9:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
Instagram account with 2000+ Followers & high post engagements for sale.
Contact on my signature.
Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 9:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by goslowgoslow(m): 9:10pm On Feb 27, 2019
Anagha123:
First time to make Front page on Nairaland.

Davies Iyiegbu deserve the victory, I hope Globacom doesn't appeal this judgment.

Please shower me with Likes
I give you one billion likes go collect am as moni for bank, pikin!!
Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by bizhop01: 9:10pm On Feb 27, 2019
So i can now label globacom as a group of thief
Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by ednut1(m): 9:12pm On Feb 27, 2019
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
u think adenuga go pay

Re: Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:14pm On Feb 27, 2019
ransomeware:

We techies develop things when we are broke but the search of self sustainance makes us reveal all our hardwork in the name of proposal to big companies.

The next you will hear is, we will get back to you.

Boom.... Your life work is already on advert with a ladies voice tag on it on Tv and internet.

No payment, noting awarded to you....

I was once invited with my proposal by a company (name withheld) and they expected me to reveal all but to their suprise i asked for a share in companies stake... Their refusal made me the ceo i am today...

Just to let you know,,, i consult for them and ought 5% of their company share
There is a scene in "ACRIMONY" about this that I so much respected..

Don't be too eager, always weigh the pros and cons before selling out an idea..

ABC Transport Boss, Frank Nneji Gifts Two Buses To His Employees / Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit / Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft